Kuala Lumphur Hotel Recommendation

localexpat

Hello All,

I have to travel to KL and stay for a few days.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a Hotel there. I am looking for decent but not too expensive Hotel, around 1000 to 1500 Baht range.

I need it to be near the embassy district of KL

I dont know KL at all but the address I need to be reasonably near is :

Taman Ampang Utama

68000 Ampang

Selangor Darul Ehsan

Near the Iranian Embassy.

Any tips most appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Try www.Chinatownboutiquehotel.com around 900-1000 baht per night nice'n'clean and lots to keep you busy. I use it to go to the Thai Embassy don't know if thats near yours but easy to take one of two monorails only a few minutes walk away from the hotel, Pasar Seni station to Amphang Park for the Thai Embassy takes 5 mins and about 20 baht. Theres lots of Embassies around that area so maybe yours maybe too.

I believe nomad will be out of your budget range. So is Concorde.

Tune hotel will be too far away from the place that you will be going.

As Jalan Ampang is a very long stretch of road, areas nearer to the embassy vicinity and KLCC areas will tend to be very pricey ---nothing in the 1500baht range.

I myself found a nice little gem called hotel rae - -its located at changkat, near the shopping belt of bukit bintang. within your price range.

nice, clean , new.

I stayed at the Swiss Inn in Petaling (China Town).

room was 1,500 baht, clean, aircon, good breakfast.

Easy access to monorail to stop close to Embassy.

All the hotels close to Embassy row are over priced and not that great.

Plus, China town area is bustling with things to do and see, great food as well( chinese fare)

all of your recommendations are out of range by distance, price and decentness,

please check De Palma Ampang , built and managed by hardcore muslims, this is a fav spot for middle eastern tourists, cheap and very decent, they have an islamic floor specially catered to very religious muslim people, the hotel gives you 5 free alarm call per day and plenty more freebies, they are also they first cheap hotel to be shariah compliant, a standard set by muslim groups to make everything in life as islamic as possible.

possible that a shariah compliant brothel to be built in the future

all of your recommendations are out of range by distance, price and decentness,

please check De Palma Ampang , built and managed by hardcore muslims, this is a fav spot for middle eastern tourists, cheap and very decent, they have an islamic floor specially catered to very religious muslim people, the hotel gives you 5 free alarm call per day and plenty more freebies, they are also they first cheap hotel to be shariah compliant, a standard set by muslim groups to make everything in life as islamic as possible.

possible that a shariah compliant brothel to be built in the future

The nearest one of those I know of is inside the old walled city or medina in Sfax, Tunisia. Or so I'm reliably informed, of course. :whistling:

I agree the Concorde hotel, my favourite but only on business, and the others in that part of town are expensive. Bukit Bintang is a cheaper and convenient area.