Facial Acne

boaterjack

Acne Vulgaris, large ones, Tetracycline is a cheap and very effective antibiotica for skin and lungs. Start with 4times a day for 7 days, continue for another 7 days if they still appear. 30 minutes before meal or at least 2 hours after milk/cheese and/or meal. so, no milk to swallow them B)

available in any Thai pharmacy at approx 1 baht/tablet, but expect much more in UK Boots

smaller acnes, clean skin and protected (daycream) from pollution, and steaming in a skin clinicque twice a week at approx 300 baht/time

Naebkehardt road, between soi 51 and 55, has a good skin clinicqe with doctor available

Acne Vulgaris, large ones, Tetracycline is a cheap and very effective antibiotica for skin and lungs. Start with 4times a day for 7 days, continue for another 7 days if they still appear. 30 minutes before meal or at least 2 hours after milk/cheese and/or meal. so, no milk to swallow them B)

available in any Thai pharmacy at approx 1 baht/tablet, but expect much more in UK Boots

smaller acnes, clean skin and protected (daycream) from pollution, and steaming in a skin clinicque twice a week at approx 300 baht/time

Naebkehardt road, between soi 51 and 55, has a good skin clinicqe with doctor available

If you knew the damage done to the immune system from tetracycline, you might think again about prescribing this or any antibiotic from your armchair and at least be courteous enough to include the side affects....and milk & dairy products may very well be the cause of the problem....try a couple weeks without and see if it starts to clear up.

Edited by JRinger

For a start you do not use cream on facial acne. Cream and oil make the situation worse.

Benzoyl Gel 2.5 % works. 95 Baht at my local pharmacy.

My g/f had terrible facial acne with spots bursting out all over. After 2 months of using Benzoyl gel she is now clear of acne though her dark pitting from earlier acne still remains. She has not had one single spot reappear in the last 3 weeks and that has to be a record for her.

Acne is generally caused by bacteria. Washing your face can spread bacteria. Rubbing your face dry with a towel also helps to spread bacteria.

You should splash water on your face and dry by patting the face with a towel. Do not use soap. Use a cleansing gel.

Before applying the Benzoyl gel wash your hands to get rid of the surface oil and then apply. Do this twice a day.

Avoid facial powders, creams and other make-up. ( A hard thing to get a woman to do, I agree) Keep clear of the eyes and wash hands afterwards.

Google Benzoyl Gel.

Forget the ones with antibiotics in them and forget about the cream version.

A final note.

Later you can try the Benzoyl peroxide that can help lighten the dark scars from earlier acne.

This is from personal experience and I am not medically trained. I hope this helps.

If you knew the damage done to the immune system from tetracycline, you might think again about prescribing this or any antibiotic from your armchair and at least be courteous enough to include the side affects....and milk & dairy products may very well be the cause of the problem....try a couple weeks without and see if it starts to clear up.

yep, I should have informed of Tetracyclines effect on humans immunesystem, on par with every antibiotica

Unfortunately doctors neither in TH or other countries usually inform about medications side effect. Ad to this TH children are being prescribed antibiotica to treat common colds at least 2-3 times a year

fact remains, acne is usually caused by bacteria, and acne vulgaris thus have one efficient treatment, kill the bacterias. Not done by skin treatment.

yep, I should have informed of Tetracyclines effect on humans immunesystem, on par with every antibiotica

Unfortunately doctors neither in TH or other countries usually inform about medications side effect. Ad to this TH children are being prescribed antibiotica to treat common colds at least 2-3 times a year

fact remains, acne is usually caused by bacteria, and acne vulgaris thus have one efficient treatment, kill the bacterias. Not done by skin treatment.

No skin treatment?

Benzoyl Gel is a known antibacterial agent and you rub that onto the skin. No need for antibiotics at all.

No skin treatment?

Benzoyl Gel is a known antibacterial agent and you rub that onto the skin. No need for antibiotics at all.

skin/surface treatment, yes, benzoyl can kill acne

acne vulgaris come from deeper infection(s), and thus a skin treatment has no effect

No skin treatment?

skin/surface treatment, yes, benzoyl can kill acne

acne vulgaris come from deeper infection(s), and thus a skin treatment has no effect

I'm not wanting to get into a disagreement over this but I'll post this from Wiki

Medications

Benzoyl peroxide Benzoyl peroxide is a first-line treatment for mild and moderate acne vulgaris due to its effectiveness and mild side-effects (primarily an irritant dermatitis). It works against the "P. acnes" bacterium, and normally causes just dryness of the skin, slight redness, and occasional peeling when side-effects occur.[30] This topical does increase sensitivity to the sun as indicated on the package, so sunscreen should be used during the treatment to prevent sunburn. Benzoyl peroxide has been found to be nearly as effective as antibiotics with all concentrations 2.5%, 5.0%, and 10% equally effective.[30] Unlike antibiotics, benzoyl peroxide does not appear to generate bacterial resistance.[30]

http://en.wikipedia....i/Acne_vulgaris

Worked for a 35 year old who had bad acne vulgaris since her teens. She is delighted to be free of it at last.

And that thankfully is my last word on the topic :lol:

TC & HF

I'm not wanting to get into a disagreement over this but I'll post this from Wiki

Medications

Benzoyl peroxide Benzoyl peroxide is a first-line treatment for mild and moderate acne vulgaris due to its effectiveness and mild side-effects (primarily an irritant dermatitis). It works against the "P. acnes" bacterium, and normally causes just dryness of the skin, slight redness, and occasional peeling when side-effects occur.[30] This topical does increase sensitivity to the sun as indicated on the package, so sunscreen should be used during the treatment to prevent sunburn. Benzoyl peroxide has been found to be nearly as effective as antibiotics with all concentrations 2.5%, 5.0%, and 10% equally effective.[30] Unlike antibiotics, benzoyl peroxide does not appear to generate bacterial resistance.[30]

http://en.wikipedia....i/Acne_vulgaris

Worked for a 35 year old who had bad acne vulgaris since her teens. She is delighted to be free of it at last.

And that thankfully is my last word on the topic :lol:

TC & HF

you said it yourself, first line treatment

dermatologists could learn a lot from you, had this not been your last word

unfortuntaley the rest need proper, deeper treatment

oh , wiki, why on earth do we need actual doctors ;)

I love the expression, " mild and moderate acne vulgaris" . Get back to medical Latin class please :unsure:

If you have mild acne, treat your skin

if you have acne vulgaris, try Tetracycline before hevay duty required

Tetracycline is available in Thailand under the brandname Doxycycline and works effectively.It is a kind of anti biotics which you can stop and restart without risk.I had heavy acne on my back for over 20 years,and tried many things until I discovered Doxycycline.I'm acne free for the past 5 years now.

Minocycline is the same product and you may find in in hospitals in Thailand but at price maybe ten or twentyfold of Doxycycline.

Tetracycline is available in Thailand under the brandname Doxycycline and works effectively.It is a kind of anti biotics which you can stop and restart without risk.I had heavy acne on my back for over 20 years,and tried many things until I discovered Doxycycline.I'm acne free for the past 5 years now.

Minocycline is the same product and you may find in in hospitals in Thailand but at price maybe ten or twentyfold of Doxycycline.

Tetracycline is sold by most pharmacies from 1Kg (1000gram) boxes at one baht a tablet. Its one of the simplest (not widespectered) antibiotics available, and it is very efficient on acne vulgaris.

Tetracycline is sold by most pharmacies from 1Kg (1000gram) boxes at one baht a tablet. Its one of the simplest (not widespectered) antibiotics available, and it is very efficient on acne vulgaris.

updating Tetracycline price in Phuket today, 2 baht each in capsules. Capsules prefered as they dont leave antibiotic traces in mouth