Non Immigrant O Visa Expiring Soon Need A New One

I have a one-year multiple entry non-immigrant O visa which expires at the end of November which I will need to renew/extend. Is there any way of obtaining another one-year visa without having to go back to London which is where I am from and where it was issued ?

I hope someone can help.

What expires in Ov, your visa or your permission to stay. If your vise expires, you can get another 90 days by leaving and rentering just for the vsa expires.

As for an extension of stay or a new multipe non-O, to answer that question it is useful if you tell us qhy you have a multiple non-O visa, like being married to a Thai, retirement etc.

What expires in Ov, your visa or your permission to stay. If your vise expires, you can get another 90 days by leaving and rentering just for the vsa expires.

As for an extension of stay or a new multipe non-O, to answer that question it is useful if you tell us qhy you have a multiple non-O visa, like being married to a Thai, retirement etc.

It is my one-year non-immigrant O visa which expires at the end of November which I obtained in London, where I am from, as a volunteer teacher. If it would be helpful, I can obtain supporting documentation from not only my school where I have been teaching for all of this year. Also, as my school is a provincial secondary school, I can also obtain a separate letter of support from the provincial education authority.

What I am hoping to do is avoid having to go back to London to get another one-year visa so I am wondering if it can be obtained from the Thai embassy in another SE Asian country.

You have a multipe non-O visa based on voluntering. You must leave the coutnry every 90 days and can come right back in. By leaving the country just before the VISA expires and re-entering, you can get a new 90 days and so almost 15 months out of the visa. (You do know that you need to leave the country every 90 days).

As a volunteer you need a work permit. Do you have one? If not, step 1 will be to get one as soon as possible. Working without it, including volunteering, is a criminal offense. You will need a work permit also to apply for an extension of stay from immigration. The requirements seem to depend a bit on immigration offices.

At least you will need:

- work permit

- letter from school asking for extension of stay

- letter from education office approving you as volunteer and asking for n extension of stay for you

- contract

- teaching schedule

- map to find the school

- map to your house

The also might ask:

- copy of degree

- teaching license or waiver

Normally not that difficult and there is no need to show an income, although a bankbook with some money in it might be useful to show you have money to spend.