Disgusting, Filthy Tap Water In Bkk

monekyface

I don't live in Bangkok,but if I did I dont feel I would have the audacity at this time to be moaning about the standard of the tap water given the current situation,is this a troll thread,the OP surely must be joking,ask some fellow TV members and possibly 3 million Thais who have been flooded for weeks what they think of it also,I can imagine this lame question may be met with disgust.

I'll tell you what's disgusting. All of the "illtimed" statements and discusiions that are contained on almost every thread. This is a national disaster where people are and have been living in makeshift shelters on the side of the highways and having to take a bath in the same flood water that they deficate in and you are complaining about dirty water in your luxuri0ous hotel room. I'm a Farang and have live here for over 13 years. You can come shower in me place but you'll have to swim through the 1.5 meters of water on the first floor. Why don't you hurrry to the airport and get a flight home before it floods and you can't get out. We don't want you to continue to have to shower in dirty water and hear about how crappy your experiences are.

Couple of things, 1. The other day our 711 received a shipment of water from a company in chonburi.

2. Just passed a barge of sing drinking water on the river, must have been 5000 bottles but funny enough it was heading towards the ocean not the other way.

Without doubt I recived some contaminated water. I have been using my normal drinking filter attached to the sink and filled up a bottle and its smelled putrid but was not cloudy, so I drank some just to be sure , Doah! cant believe I did that and it tasted vial and have had a mild tummy bug since then.

New water since then has been fine. Just a word of warning to for those with filtration systems it may pay to boil first or at least a sniff test

Without doubt I recived some contaminated water. I have been using my normal drinking filter attached to the sink and filled up a bottle and its smelled putrid but was not cloudy, so I drank some just to be sure , Doah! cant believe I did that and it tasted vial and have had a mild tummy bug since then.

New water since then has been fine. Just a word of warning to for those with filtration systems it may pay to boil first or at least a sniff test

I'd also replace your filters when this is all over too..they will be contaminated.

Yes- come on over and shower in sewage. It's great. Maybe we could get some feedback from those who actually LIVE IN BANGKOK and have to use this nasty water.

May I humbly suggest you contact the PM's office and insist they send a plumber immedately.....how dare the Thai's make a farang shower in dirty water during this time of national crisis.....grow up...

"I'll tell you what's disgusting. All of the "illtimed" statements and discusiions that are contained on almost every thread. This is a national disaster where people are and have been living in makeshift shelters on the side of the highways and having to take a bath in the same flood water that they deficate in and you are complaining about dirty water in your luxuri0ous hotel room."

NO, genius- not a hotel room. An apartment. And FYI, I am showering in the same water that they are defecating and bathing in. See how assumptions make you look foolish?

"I'll tell you what's disgusting. All of the "illtimed" statements and discusiions that are contained on almost every thread. This is a national disaster where people are and have been living in makeshift shelters on the side of the highways and having to take a bath in the same flood water that they deficate in and you are complaining about dirty water in your luxuri0ous hotel room."

NO- not a hotel room. An apartment. And FYI, I am showering in the same water that they are defecating and bathing in. See how assumptions make you look foolish? I have also developed a case of what I think is pinkeye since this started. This is not a convenience issue, this is a public health issue. I am sure that I am not the only one affected. I am also sure that there are Thai people who would love to have clean water right now so I don't see how my race is relevant.

I don't live in Bangkok,but if I did I dont feel I would have the audacity at this time to be moaning about the standard of the tap water given the current situation,is this a troll thread,the OP surely must be joking,ask some fellow TV members and possibly 3 million Thais who have been flooded for weeks what they think of it also,I can imagine this lame question may be met with disgust.

+1

Get a big can, put some filtration material inside, poke some holes in the bottom. Hang the can from the ceiling in your shower and stand underneath it while the water runs through for your shower.

You must be an _________ because an _________ would have figured this out a week ago. :whistling:

NO- not a hotel room. An apartment. And FYI, I am showering in the same water that they are defecating and bathing in. See how assumptions make you look foolish? I have also developed a case of what I think is pinkeye since this started. This is not a convenience issue, this is a public health issue. I am sure that I am not the only one affected. I am also sure that there are Thai people who would love to have clean water right now so I don't see how my race is relevant.

Pink eye has been rampant for 6 months now , Ive had it 3 times, just go to a chemist for drops.

Thanks for that Zorro- it would be nice if this is not water-related. I will get drops.

I have a Thai-style "well" next to my toilet so I can see this water that I shower in. It's cloudy and yellow/brown- maybe it wouldn't bother me if I didn't have to see it.

Get a big can, put some filtration material inside, poke some holes in the bottom. Hang the can from the ceiling in your shower and stand underneath it while the water runs through for your shower.

You must be an _________ because an _________ would have figured this out a week ago. :whistling:

Fill in the blank..... "English teacher" ?......:lol:

or option B

Geriatric old fart ?

Edited by Soutpeel

Get some alum and chlorine from nearby chemist. I've visited the metropolitan waterwork authority (it's their name) where they treat your water. Most of their men are working 24/7 for weeks now. Please don't blame them. huh.gif

Get some alum and chlorine from nearby chemist. I've visited the metropolitan waterwork authority (it's their name) where they treat your water. Most of their men are working 24/7 for weeks now. Please don't blame them. huh.gif

how would get the Chlorine/Alum into the shower water ?....:rolleyes:

Its taken orally :whistling:

The govt and froc recently announced the water is within international standards but did advise to boil it ... I collected water about a month ago and have two water filters one carbon / resin and then reverse osmosis and filled about 40 large bottles and stored them , which now feel it was a good investment .

Our water comes from the Bangrak waterworks which has not been effected as yet and no water restrictions.

Its taken orally :whistling:

or as a suppository. ?..:rolleyes: