Looking For Rented House In Cm

little_muppet

Hi. We are just eveacuated from Bkk flood, Our house in BKK got flood to the roof . We have 4 big dogs (2great danes and 2 Huskies ) and A macaw that all we got left . so we are looking for a rented house in Chiang mai to live until the house in bkk is back to normal that will take quite awhile. The house dont need to be in the city as we got a car to go around.

Our requirements are, Dogs allow in the house as they r always sleep with us and house trained

big garden , 2+ bedrooms 2+ bathroom , 1 story house , budget is up to 25k/month

if anyone know any good housing agency please let me know. we need to get the house asap.

Thank you.

Where does the Macaw sleep?...

in the cage outside the house. we just got her a new bigger cage yesterday. At our home in Bangkok she got her own avairy .

Have you been teaching her English, or has she been teaching you?... That was a cheap shot. Sorry.

Welcome to Chiang Mai and I hope you find something soon. My wife has three rental houses but they're all occupied at present. Anyway, they're not as classy as what you seem to be looking for.

Choke dee.

I believe that if you contact some of the real estate agencies in town and explain your situation, they would go and speak to the property owener and see if they are willing to take a shorter term lease--after all this is an emergency and people tend not to be as rigid when a flood crisis caused people to have to temporarily locate. One of the agencies that I am thinking of is Chiang Mai Properties. You can google several others.

I hope that this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Go down route 108 until you cross pass 2 big intersections, then start looking at neighborhoods, rent out there starts at around 8k baht. One neighborhood starting with Flora##### something has very large open plots.

Edited by KRS1

Hi

Welcome to CM - once you've lived here you probably won't want to go back to BKK. There's a house to rent in my village - big big yard, 2 bds and 2 bathrooms, brand new kitchen (2 months and not used yet). Furnished. , No one has lived in the house as the owner lives out of country but has decided to upgrade the house and rent it out so essentially everything inside is brand new. I'm not sure of how they feel about a shorter term lease but it wouldn't hurt to ask. I think the asking price is somewhere around 15-18,000/month. The village is outside of the downtown area but very convenient to all shopping and downtown and very quiet. If you PM me and are interested I can give you a contact number. The village is about 40% foreigners and 60% Thai's - very nice place to live.

Pearlgirl

Hi

Welcome to CM - once you've lived here you probably won't want to go back to BKK. There's a house to rent in my village - big big yard, 2 bds and 2 bathrooms, brand new kitchen (2 months and not used yet). Furnished. , No one has lived in the house as the owner lives out of country but has decided to upgrade the house and rent it out so essentially everything inside is brand new. I'm not sure of how they feel about a shorter term lease but it wouldn't hurt to ask. I think the asking price is somewhere around 15-18,000/month. The village is outside of the downtown area but very convenient to all shopping and downtown and very quiet. If you PM me and are interested I can give you a contact number. The village is about 40% foreigners and 60% Thai's - very nice place to live.

Pearlgirl

Oops - I didn't read far enough down the thread and didn't realize you had found a house.

@ pearl Thats ok tht info will be useful for some others

We drove our dogs via toyota foutuner took 2 days ( dogs need rest ) from alternative road avoid the flood. 2 great danes in the boot, 2 huskies and me with the macaw on my lap sat in the back passenger seats, 2 bags in the front passenger seat and a hubby drove the car. Thats all we got left from Bankgkok.( we got 1 story house in bkk)

The house we r in now is in Lannaville near roumchok market, brandnew house just finished the day we took a look. pretty cheap compare from wat the house gives us also Landlady is so nice she allows dogs in the house as she is a dogs lover too. who knows we may end up living here and no more scare of 3 m of water again!!.

donno way around that much yet but im sure we will be fine here........

@ pearl Thats ok tht info will be useful for some others

We drove our dogs via toyota foutuner took 2 days ( dogs need rest ) from alternative road avoid the flood. 2 great danes in the boot, 2 huskies and me with the macaw on my lap sat in the back passenger seats, 2 bags in the front passenger seat and a hubby drove the car. Thats all we got left from Bankgkok.( we got 1 story house in bkk)

The house we r in now is in Lannaville near roumchok market, brandnew house just finished the day we took a look. pretty cheap compare from wat the house gives us also Landlady is so nice she allows dogs in the house as she is a dogs lover too. who knows we may end up living here and no more scare of 3 m of water again!!.

donno way around that much yet but im sure we will be fine here........

Thanks for the information. I'm pleased to see that you've found a lovely house and CM a pleasant place to live in. Can't wait to move up there.

Chok dee khrap.

Two bed, two shower, single floor houses in Thai areas normally rent for 4,000-6,000bht a month just outside of CM.

Two floor shop houses are 6000-8000bht in the city.

10,000bht should get you a 4 bedroom, fully air-con house with big garden.

If the foreigner density is high, they will try for twice those prices, as demonstrated by your "house next door".

There are many reasons for a foreign man with a Thai wife to avoid "foreigner enclaves".

For rural areas of Thailand half those prices.

What did you agree to pay?

Edited by ludditeman

Ludditeman, the thing was that she needed the house asap, with their animal farm (+husband not to forget) staying in a guesthouse for a month was not an option...(would have been hilarious though biggrin.gif)

I believe they are very happy with their new home.

In case you know a house for around 6-7,000 baht per month, furnished, drop me a line!

2 great danes in the boot, 2 huskies

with their animal farm (+husband not to forget) staying in a guesthouse for a month was not an option...(would have been hilarious though)

Indeed it would have. :D

Just curious as to how you did find the house so quickly, classifieds, personal recommendation, etc?

i think its a luck to find a house so quickly. i contacted all agency i found on the internet found some useless agency too and this guy he contacted us right in the morning and only show us one house and thats it. if u want his company details just pm me.

too bad i cant save Tony, leo, micky, shy guy and the craf gang (they r all our fish ). the pond in bkk got flood and they died (water was very dirty) or i would have my whole zoo here in Chiang mai.

People have different tastes. Some animal lovers, like my wife, want a nicer place not just for themselves but for their pets too (sorry, should be children!).

A house similar to the one I bought in March and closed in September was renting for B25,000 per month. It was rented out when I made the final inspection of my house in August though I don't know for how much eventually. This house inside our moobaan was being built on the way to my house. My house is not as nice but I think it's very cheap compared to Bangkok. Similarly, the OP may think it's cheap for the one she has rented.

post-137105-0-57333800-1320493921_thumb.

Every one is different. I had already paid my house in full on Sept 19 but I don't even have keys for my house. It's still with the moobaan's office.

1320494310[/url]' post='4824562']

People have different tastes. Some animal lovers, like my wife, want a nicer place not just for themselves but for their pets too (sorry, should be children!).

A house similar to the one I bought in March and closed in September was renting for B25,000 per month. It was rented out when I made the final inspection of my house in August though I don't know for how much eventually. This house inside our moobaan was being built on the way to my house. My house is not as nice but I think it's very cheap compared to Bangkok. Similarly, the OP may think it's cheap for the one she has rented.

post-137105-0-57333800-1320493921_thumb.

Every one is different. I had already paid my house in full on Sept 19 but I don't even have keys for my house. It's still with the moobaan's office.

Can anybody advise best route from central Bkk to CM which avoids flooded roads? I am planning to escape the floods in next couple of days

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

i am brand new to this forum and my wife and i have decided to move to chiang mai. we are currently waiting for our visas to come through. we tried retiring in mexico but the social environment is not too well lately and are leaving after two years here.

we have checked many real estate places but our basic question is never answered since i suspect that the poor folks get all sort of questions that do not result in sales etc. but my needs are very specific and i thought some wonderful person here could help me out.

i dont know chiang mai and this is what i am looking for.

a 3 or 4 bedroom house with security and with a garden that is near, walking distance, etc. the city. we would like to sit outside so constant noise of a loud variety, would be distracting and we do not want to move all the way to mae rim for peace, Furnished of course and perhaps with a housekeeper gardener etc. cable and high speed internet. we are at an age where hospital services are available in case of emergency. we have our own swiss health insurance but if one can get insurance in chiang mai i am sure we would be interested since swiss health insurance is quite expensive i,e, 20000 bahts per month for each of us and it is mandatory and this with a 20000 baht deductible.

we are looking to pay around 50 000 bahts for a house and could pay more for something good. does anyone have an idea of a development that meets these basics. we do not want a condo but might be interested in a town house if it has a garden. we speak english, german french and spanish and eventually hope to learn thai. we are both swiss and in our fifties and retired early so we hope to settle and participate in the community. I hate golf, dont drink and am generally a boring sort. I do read a great deal and wonder if someone knows if kindle works in chiang mai. I love to fish. write. talk. and eat good food. i play bridge and crib. My wife loves animals, painting, and culture. we enjoy supporting good works although we are not religious. I am a big man and need big furniture. i.e. 6 2 and 300 lbs. could i find that there or have it built. same goes for clothes i guess.

I do not know what one says on these forums but i am trying to be direct and forward here and hope that i have not said something wrong.

cheers.

garry.

Edited by Tywais
Changed to standard font for better readability

Dear eveningson, maybe an idea to open your own thread? New topics get more viewers and you have a lot to say smile.gif

Don't worry, for 50 k you can rent a whole village wink.gif With your own topic you will also attract members in a similar situation and lifestyle to provide you information.

Dear eveningson, maybe an idea to open your own thread? New topics get more viewers and you have a lot to say smile.gif

Don't worry, for 50 k you can rent a whole village wink.gif With your own topic you will also attract members in a similar situation and lifestyle to provide you information.

Ditto. Open a new thread with your requirement and welcome to Chiang Mai Jao.