Thinking About Buying A Bike?

dagling

Thinking about buying a bike? Purchasing a used motorcycle is a great choice for the first-time bike owner, but it's important to choose wisely so you're not stuck with something you'll regret.

First off, don't show up to a test ride unprepared: bringing the proper safety gear will not only show the seller you're a responsible rider, it will protect you in case something goes wrong.

For more info, look at the photo...

6.jpg

Wise information but i can't help thinking that the gear worn in the photo above (by my standards) seems inadequate, but by Thai scooter rider standards the helmet photoed would class the individual as taking his safety very seriously indeed.

I believe there is a sticky at the top of this forum which gives advice when purchasing bikes :)

Thailand driving isn't easy.Been riding motorcycles going on 45 yeqars.Theres some places in thailand i will not ride.

In thailand the bigger the vehicle the more of the right of way they have.Small finishes last.A car will hit ya and keep on going.Make sure ya have alot of medical insurance ,in case your still alive after the accident.Good Luck.

Thailand driving isn't easy.Been riding motorcycles going on 45 yeqars.Theres some places in thailand i will not ride.

In thailand the bigger the vehicle the more of the right of way they have.Small finishes last.A car will hit ya and keep on going.Make sure ya have alot of medical insurance ,in case your still alive after the accident.Good Luck.

As much as I hate to do so, I have to agree, I learned to ride a bike here in Thailand 32 years ago, and have been riding here ever since without a bad accident (worst I had was a 12 year old on a bike obviously too big for him, blindsided me on a corner, a few scrapes a bent brake pedal, and a sore foot from kicking him as he tried to run away). An Australian friend once asked me (in all seriousness) how can you ride/drive here ??, I answered, think of the stupidest thing the guy in front/behind you can do, and then expect him to do just that. Seems to have kept me safe so far.