Heads-Up Brit'S !

trainman34014

Just a heads-up for all you Brit's that have a stash of 50 pound notes under your beds in Chiang Mai waiting for the great day when we get back to 75Baht to the pound (muffled Ha ha).

New note just released in Britain so get yours changed up before they become useless. No date been given yet for final date of withdrawal of the old note but best to know that day is coming. Me? I only have 3 !

Genuine Bank of England banknotes that have been withdrawn from circulation retain their face value for all time and can be exchanged at the Bank of England in London. There is no fee for this service. Banknotes of this type can be exchanged either by post or in person.

http://www.bankofeng...t/exchanges.htm

Yes, thanks uptheos, I am aware, but I don't want to go back to change them in London and if I had a good few I would not think about posting them either. Sure there must be others here who feel likewise. Much easier to change them into Baht now.

Genuine Bank of England banknotes that have been withdrawn from circulation retain their face value for all time and can be exchanged at the Bank of England in London. There is no fee for this service. Banknotes of this type can be exchanged either by post or in person.

Yes, thanks uptheos, I am aware, but I don't want to go back to change them in London and if I had a good few I would not think about posting them either. Sure there must be others here who feel likewise. Much easier to change them into Baht now.

I think it's a good idea if anyone is hoarding them to change them up as you suggest.

I just posted the info in case people panicked.

If people are going home some time or relatives coming, they can perhaps change them then.

I see Scotland has a new 100 pound note - I didn't know they had a 100 pound note.

I think it's a good idea if anyone is hoarding them to change them up as you suggest.

I just posted the info in case people panicked.

If people are going home some time or relatives coming, they can perhaps change them then.

I see Scotland has a new 100 pound note - I didn't know they had a 100 pound note.

Apart from the Scotsman working in the English Parliament ( too many ), I doubt there are many Scotsman who would require a 100 pound note as most that I know would be too tight to ever split one !

Edited by trainman34014