Where To Find Thai Customs And Duties Rates

jaideeguy

Thanks for the links saengsureeya, but hard for the layman [dummie] to understand the customs jargon. Maybe I should just check with a custom's broker?? Any idea what their fees or % would be??

What I am looking for is the duties/customs of bringing in parts for an RV [gas refridg, toilet etc]

..some new and some possibly 2nd hand.

Makes me wonder what duties the motorcycle [surplus unassembled and unregistered bikes]as well as farm equipment from Japan. Discounts for 2nd hand 'parts'??

Thanks for the links saengsureeya, but hard for the layman [dummie] to understand the customs jargon. Maybe I should just check with a custom's broker?? Any idea what their fees or % would be??

What I am looking for is the duties/customs of bringing in parts for an RV [gas refridg, toilet etc]

..some new and some possibly 2nd hand.

Makes me wonder what duties the motorcycle [surplus unassembled and unregistered bikes]as well as farm equipment from Japan. Discounts for 2nd hand 'parts'??

Maybe it's a good idea to contact a broker.

Important parameters are: new or second hand, type of goods, country of origin. The broker should be able to look for an HS-code and the import duty.

considering the op is a reguler poster you would have thought he knew the answer,leave them where they are its not worth the hastle,agents or anything else you want to call them we found out the hard way through our pockets.i would rather pay inflated prices than stuff their pockets.oh i do feel better after that :jap:

considering the op is a reguler poster you would have thought he knew the answer,leave them where they are its not worth the hastle,agents or anything else you want to call them we found out the hard way through our pockets.i would rather pay inflated prices than stuff their pockets.oh i do feel better after that :jap:

Being a 'regular poster' does not give me all the answers and that's why I posted......

And, it's not really that I want to save the $$, but the items that I am considering importing are simply not available here in LOS. Where are RV supply shops here?? and where can you buy a gas fridge?? toilet, etc....I want to build my own RV, but need specialized parts.

I have tried to source these parts locally and don't mind paying a primium price, but they are just not available in my searches and posts on this forum.

Being a 'regular poster' does not give me all the answers and that's why I posted......

And, it's not really that I want to save the $$, but the items that I am considering importing are simply not available here in LOS. Where are RV supply shops here?? and where can you buy a gas fridge?? toilet, etc....I want to build my own RV, but need specialized parts.

I have tried to source these parts locally and don't mind paying a primium price, but they are just not available in my searches and posts on this forum.

op there has been loads of posts regarding importing goods to thailand,there is even another post on gt.about the same,posters are saying agents at the docks are nothing but thugs this i read yesterday,gas fridge never seen one,would that be a gas toilet as well,havnt seen one of them either,this is thailand you know,you can produce your own gas from a sceptic tank.

A google search also turned up the below company as well....

Siam Motor Home Co.,Ltd.

Company Name:Siam Motor Home Co.,Ltd.

Registered address:

478/1 Soi Sukumvit 16 Khlongtoei, .19/4 Moo7 Nongree Muangchonburi,

Number of Employees:51 - 100 People Product/Services:Camping car

About Us Vantect under the company named Siam Motor Home has started manufacturing and selling camping cars with export quality in Thailand for the first time. Moreover, models sold in Thailand have been equipped with extra special features to offer a higher level of driving comfort. This represents a new dimension of traveling at an unbelievable low price. We hope you have a pleasant journey with the new experience of traveling in the region.

Contact Person:

Mr. Norraboon Nannar

TelePhone: 66-038-476512

Mobile Phone:081-703-0999

Fax: 66-038-476512

Edited by CWMcMurray

Here someone selling and RV...

http://thai-motorhome.com/

Thai language website...

http://thai-motorhome.com/

That's a nice roomy rig McMurry......a bit more than I was looking for and a lot more than I wanted to pay. I tried contacting Carryboy a few months ago and even sent a follow up email and still no reply from them, but will try again. Thanks