Bbc Abandon World Service To Thailand

Rinrada

BBC World Service (BBCWS)

The UK's Voice around the World

The BBC World Service is recognised around the world for its impartiality and unbiased reporting; its brand promotes respect for the UK abroad.

It is funded primarily through grant-in-aid from the FCO (£225m pa in 2004-05) but has complete editorial independence.

It continues to maintain its position as the world's leading broadcaster, transmitting programmes in English and 42 other languages to 146 million listeners per week. The World Service is received on FM in 139 capital cities.

The Government awarded the BBC World Service an additional £19.5 million in grant in aid for 2005-2008......etc..etc.....

Thailand is the only country outside Europe that will LOSE its BBC World Language services and I want to know why-why..WHY...????

The British Chamber of Commerce in Bangkok is recognised as being the Second largest of its type in the World (No 1 is in Washington)and offers the chance for all majour British Companies to become involved in the fastest growing and potentially one of the Richest regions of the Pacific Rim and what on earth do the BBC do....Cut this great lifeline...

Mean thinks its TIME to COMPLAIN.......anyone feel the same please feel free to drop a line to:

Jack Straw the Foreign Office Minister......he holds the purse strings...

FCO Ministers

The Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, Rt Hon Jack Straw MP, is responsible for the work of the FCO.

He is assisted by four Ministers:

- Douglas Alexander MP

- Ian Pearson MP

- Dr Kim Howells MP

- Lord Triesman

Foreign and Commonwealth Office

King Charles Street

London.SW1A 2AH

http://www.fco.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagena...d=1007029396122

Just got this sent to me from Asia Human Rights Watch...hopefully more to come..thanks. :o

THAILAND: Express support for embattled BBC-Thai service

THAILAND: Declining freedom of speech; Media concentration

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear friends,

The UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office and British Broadcasting

Commission (BBC) have announced that in early 2006 the Thai-language

service of the BBC World Service radio will be taken off the air. The

closure of the service has been justified as part of restructuring,

because according to the BBC it has "low market impact".

The Asian Human Rights Commission (AHRC) believes that the decision

to close the BBC Thai service at this time is a grave error of

judgment. It comes at completely the wrong time for Thailand, where

threats to emerging independent media have increased dramatically.

We support calls for a review of the decision to cut the BBC Thai

service. Please voice your concerns about the announced closure by

writing to the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office and the BBC. This can

be done in a number of ways:

1. Sign the Online Petition

{http://new.petitiononline.com/th1b2005/petition.html},'>http://new.petitiononline.com/th1b2005/petition.html}, which was

initiated by a Thai media reform activist. At time of writing this

appeal already had over 1700 signatories and their comments

2. Send a letter of support to the BBC Thai service direct, via their

contact page {http://www.bbc.co.uk/thai/institutional/contactus.shtml}

3. Send a letter to the Foreign Office, either via the nearest

British diplomatic mission in your territory or region, or direct. A

sample letter and addresses are below.

Urgent Appeals Desk

Asian Human Rights Commission (AHRC)

-----------------------------------------------------------

BACKGROUND INFORMATION:

The AHRC has been among many other groups and individuals to warn

about growing threats to freedom of expression and independent media

in Thailand during recent times. For instance, it has pointed to the

criminal case against Supinya Klangnarong and the editors of the Thai

Post newspaper for allegedly defaming the corporation belonging to the

family of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra (UP-111-2005

{http://www.ahrchk.net/ua/mainfile.php/2005/1261/}). Its sister

organization, the Asian Legal Resource Centre, has expressed its

concerns regarding growing restrictions on freedom of expression--in

particular, actions against the burgeoning community radio movement

in Thailand--to the UN Human Rights Committee (see the section on

Freedom of Expression

{http://www.alrc.net/doc/mainfile.php/unar_hrc_th_2005/331/} in the

"Institutionalized torture, extrajudicial killings & uneven

application of law in Thailand

{http://www.alrc.net/doc/mainfile.php/unar_hrc_th_2005/}" report,

March 2005). In its concluding observations after its examination of

Thailand's human rights record in July 2005, the Committee expressed

concern at "reports of intimidation and harassment against local and

foreign journalists and media personnel as well as of defamation

suits against them, originating at the highest political level"

[CCPR/CO/84/THA, 28 July 2005, para. 18].

More recently, the prime minister has initiated new defamation suits

against media owners and professionals (see related news article

{http://www.nationmultimedia.com/search/page.arcview.php?clid=3&id=121684&usrsess=}),

while the bulk of Thailand's electronic media has remained in the

hands of the national leadership, armed forces and civilian

administration. Legal action is also commencing against some persons

who set up community radio stations in accordance with a new

provision under the 1997 Constitution of Thailand. The government of

Thailand has failed in its obligation to establish proper regulations

in accordance with that provision and used it as a pretext to treat

new radio stations as illegal, where and when convenient for its

purposes. International media group Reporters without Borders has

also said that media conditions in Thailand are worsening, and ranked

the country as 107 out of 167 countries assessed for their media

freedom in 2005.

Against this background, the decision by the UK Foreign Office to

shut the BBC Thai service suggests that it is out of touch with the

reality in Thailand and that the decision was very ill-advised.

SUGGESTED ACTION:

Please add your name to the Online Petition

{http://new.petitiononline.com/th1b2005/petition.html} or send a

letter of support to the BBC Thai service

{http://www.bbc.co.uk/thai/institutional/contactus.shtml}. Please

also write directly to the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office and the

director of the BBC World Service. A sample letter follows.

----------------

Dear Sir

*Re: Keep BBC Thai service on the air

I have received the news that the Foreign & Commonwealth Office has

decided to close the Thai-language service of BBC World Service radio

in 2006, on the grounds that the Thai service has "low market impact".

I believe that this decision and assessment is wrong. At a time of

growing concern about media freedoms in Thailand, the Thai service of

the BBC is constantly sought after for reliable and independent

information. In this year alone, there have been numerous legal and

verbal attacks on media professionals in Thailand by the authorities.

Criminal defamation suits are being used to silence government

critics. The once burgeoning community radio movement is now facing

severe threats. International media watchdog Reporters without

Borders has downgraded Thailand's freedom rating to 107 out of 167

countries surveyed in 2005. The UN Human Rights Committee in July

expressed concern at "reports of intimidation and harassment against

local and foreign journalists and media personnel [in Thailand] as

well as of defamation suits against them, originating at the highest

political level". These are some of the many reasons that the BBC

World Service should continue broadcasting in Thai.

You have seriously underestimated the popularity, impact and

importance of the BBC Thai service. The decision should be reviewed:

it is ill-advised and gravely erroneous. Please reconsider, and keep

BBC on the air in Thai.

Yours sincerely

PLEASE SEND YOUR LETTERS TO:

1. Mr. Jack Straw

Secretary of State

Foreign & Commonwealth Office

King Charles St

London SW1 2AH

UK

Tel: +44 20 7008 1500

Fax: +44 20 7008 2144 (ATTENTION: FOREIGN SECRETARY)

Or use the contact page form

{http://www.fco.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1007029390545}

2. Mr. David Fall

Ambassador

British Embassy

14 Wireless Road

Lumpini, Pathumwan

Bangkok 10330

THAILAND

Tel: +66 2 305 8333

Fax: +66 2 253 7121 (ATTENTION: THE AMBASSADOR)

E-mail: [email protected]{mailto:[email protected]}

3. Mr. Nigel Chapman

Director

BBC World Service

Bush House

Strand

London WC2B 4PH

UK

Tel: +44 20 7240 3456

Fax: +44 20 7557 1258 (ATTENTION: DIRECTOR, WORLD SERVICE)

E-mail: [email protected]{mailto:[email protected]} (copy

to [email protected]{mailto:[email protected]})

Or use the contact page form

{http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/us/contact/index.shtml}

Thank you.

Urgent Appeals Programme

Asian Human Rights Commission (AHRC)

The BBC World Service is recognised around the world for its impartiality and unbiased reporting

What a load of crap! It's impossible to put together a newscast without relecting the biases of those putting it together. A station funded by the government is going to take the side of government solutions to every societal problem...and that's exactly what the BBC (in Britain) and NPR (in the States) do.

yes in your opinion...but who cares!

i reckon the beeb is the most reliable news service that with reuters in the world..unlike biased american trash...

Absolute rubbish. As someone who travels almost weekly between DC and London, I can tell you that the BBC is often inaccurate. Whether it is due to their agenda or just sloppy journalism, BBC is no more reliable that "american trash" like CNN. In fact, some of the BBC's coverage can be so blatantly biased it would make Josef Goebbels blush.

Edited by Boggers

The BBC World Service is recognised around the world for its impartiality and unbiased reporting

What a load of crap! It's impossible to put together a newscast without relecting the biases of those putting it together. A station funded by the government is going to take the side of government solutions to every societal problem...and that's exactly what the BBC (in Britain) and NPR (in the States) do.

This rubbish cannot go without comment.

Anyone who has any knowledge of the structure of the BBC and its Charter knows, this comment is totally without foundation.

Had FreedomDude availed himself of either the BBC or the commercial Sky news in for the last two years he would have been aware of the serious allegations of bias and untruth against the government by the BBC, the subsequent public enquiry and the consequent resignations of senior BBC personnel.

On the subject of the thread:

It would appear that the service that is to be discontinued is the Thai-language service.

The English Language World Service will continue as always.

So the losers are the Thai people who have only Thai, and therefore, not the readers of this forum.

I can't figure out why English speaking people on this board are getting their knickers in a twist about a radio program in the Thai language. I do not believe these people listen to the broadcasts, especially those who normally live in the U.K.

As for Thai speaking listeners in Thailand, the BBC probably did their homework, unlike some posters, and the program possibly does, as they imply, have "low market impact".

Go to one of the big supermarkets in Thailand, check ouy the electronics section and see how many radio's are available, compared to TV's, cellphones, MP3's etc. Given the dearth of choice it would appear radio is not big in this country.

Edited by naka

I am sooo glad you know what you are talking about, NPR does not back the US government in pretty much any way. And if you have EVER listen to it you would know. You and Belfastboy are just take ANY shot that you can at the US. We, that live in the US know that our new stations suck. But this thread is about the BBC, so leave us out of it!

The reason that the BBC is shutting down so many foreign language services is because they want to spend the money saved on a new news TV channel in Arabic based in the Gulf.

They figure that the radio medium is shrinking. Young people don't listen to radio anymore, they watch TV.

Since the BBC's tsunami coverage in Phuket, I have lost a lot of respect for them, but, I still think they are the least worst of the mainstream news channels.

Do not underestimate the size of radio-audience, specially community-radio in the provinces. It's what people listen to during working hours!

I can't say how popular the BBC is, I guess they've done their research for this.

Still a shame, Thailand needs independent voices such as the BBC. :o

It would appear that the service that is to be discontinued is the Thai-language service.

So the losers are the Thai people who have only Thai, and therefore, not the readers of this forum.

Precisely.....

the subject of my O.P.is that the Thai-Language service of the BBC is to be axed and through the auspicious media of the No.1 information interactive site in Thailand (if not South East Asia)I feel that I/we can voice our objections to the said proposals (boonies excluded) and make the UK Government aware of the negative aspects of such a rash decision.

I have recieved quite a number of personal emails offering support for an appeal campaign and with the addition of a few CONSTRUCTIVE opinions from our more eminent readers hopefully intend to progress said campaign.......

I actually spoke to my local MP last night and she has agreed to pass on my/our complaint to Jack Straw personally so you never know.

More to come.... :o:D

Bit of the latest ...

Looks like there is a lot of like minded people.

Whoever sent me this ...many thanks.... :o

We endorse the oppose the pull off BBC Thai Service Petition to The UK Foreign Office.

Read the oppose the pull off BBC Thai Service Petition

Use the Reload button in your web browser to see new signatures

Name Organisation/address Comment

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/sig...gi?th1b2005&301

The oppose the pull off BBC Thai Service Petition to The UK Foreign Office was created by and written by ¸¹Ò¾Å ÍÔëÇ¡ØÅ ([email protected], [email protected]).

The petition is hosted here at www.PetitionOnline.com as a public service

I think you people are being a bit naive.

The BBC world service is part of Britain's way to further it's foreign policy, mostly, by reporting an unbiased view on world events. This was especially useful during the days of the cold war, when eastern European countries and other dictatorships distorted, or, censored the news.

The cold war has finished and most of the eastern European countries are now democracies. There really isn't a need now for the BBC world service, information is now freely available, including Thailand.

What the British government want to do, is to now influence Arab opinion without spending any more money (a price hike for TV licenses would be unpopular).

Therefore, they are shutting down BBC world service radio transmissions that are deemed redundant as a foreign policy tool, and, with the savings, opening a BBC world TV station in Arabic that will be based in the Gulf.

Youn can complain to your MP's until you are blue in the face, they will coo reassuring words at you, but, nothing is going to change as it is the politicly correct decision.

The only way to have your cake and eat it is to cut funding elsewhere, or, raise taxes.

They are not going to do this for the benefit of citizens of other countries.

This rubbish cannot go without comment.

Anyone who has any knowledge of the structure of the BBC and its Charter knows, this comment is totally without foundation.

Had FreedomDude availed himself of either the BBC or the commercial Sky news in for the last two years he would have been aware of the serious allegations of bias and untruth against the government by the BBC, the subsequent public enquiry and the consequent resignations of senior BBC personnel.

Having worked for both the BBC and ITN (commercial TV equivalent of the BBC news service), I have at least some "insider" knowledge. There is no government-controlled agenda beyond an involvement in deciding what money is spent where - e.g. who gets a service in their own language. The editorial policy of the service is then fiercely independent of any government influence.

Aside from the example that Thomas Merton gives (WMD "dodgy dossier"), the BBC was heavily criticised by the British government during both the Falklands and Suez conflicts for referring to "British" forces as opposed to "our" forces; despite all the pressure, the BBC stuck to its guns (no pun intended).

As Sir Burr says, of course the British government sees a value in promoting a positive view of Britain - but that view predominantly includes the key aspect that in the UK there is freedom of speech, diversity of opinion etc and that's precisely what's reflected in BBC content. Freedom Dude might like to ask himself why Rupert Murdoch removed BBC World from the Star satellite (broadcasting into China) when he got control - because the Chinese government didn't want it......... for the same reasons that the BBC Online website is also blocked in China.

The BBC is a strange animal and maybe unique. Inevitably, it has flaws - but being geared "to take the side of government solutions to every societal problem" certainly isn't one of them.

I think it's sad that the Thai language service is being withdrawn, but priorities change and I certainly see the value of a locally-credible Arab language TV service. I don't want to get into the UK versus US debate, but it's self-evident that the recently established US-funded Arab language TV service has near-zero credibility in the region. A BBC service may (IMHO) have just enough perceived credibility to bring some much-needed objectivity.

We are talking here about the Thai Language Service.....not some mothers do "ave them.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/thai/

Got an email from a mate of mine in the Big Hoose who informs me that good old Austin (still got the video)has already set up an early day motion so the demise of the BBC Thai language Service ...to Thailand ...is not and should not be taking as a forgone conclusion.... :o

CUTS TO THE BBC WORLD SERVICE:25.10.2005

Mitchell, Austin (with thanks)

That this House expresses its concern at the decision of the Government and the BBC to close the Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Greek, Hungarian, Polish, Slovak, Slovene, Kazak and Thai language services and to downgrade other services in Hindi and those serving Brazil; believes that at its best the BBC World Service can challenge corruption, expose human rights abuses and promote democratic values; further believes that to measure such concepts purely in terms of audience numbers and financial considerations does not do justice to their importance; notes that such measures may reduce British influence in key parts of Europe and the rest of the world; and therefore calls on the Government to review the decision to close the services and to provide adequate resources to maintain current services.

Signatures( 97)

Standard Order Party Groups Alphabetical Order

Party Totals Status

All signatures

Mitchell, Austin

Robertson, Angus

Corbyn, Jeremy

McDonnell, John

Riordan, Linda

Clark, Katy

Cook, Frank

Cousins, Jim

Wareing, Robert N

Robinson, Iris

Skinner, Dennis

Jones, Lynne

Llwyd, Elfyn

Marris, Rob

McCafferty, Chris

O'Hara, Edward

Breed, Colin

Campbell, Gregory

Campbell, Ronnie

Caton, Martin

Conway, Derek

Cryer, Ann

Cummings, John

Donaldson, Jeffrey

Hancock, Mike

Baldry, Tony

Bottomley, Peter

Stringer, Graham

Vis, Rudi

Winterton, Nicholas

Hemming, John

Anderson, David

Clapham, Michael

Dodds, Nigel

Durkan, Mark

Taylor, David

Hunter, Mark

Short, Clare

Dismore, Andrew

Drew, David

Hermon, Sylvia

Hopkins, Kelvin

Lazarowicz, Mark

Owen, Albert

Gerrard, Neil

Fisher, Mark

Francis, Hywel

Hamilton, David

Salmond, Alex

Sheridan, Jim

Simpson, Alan

Humble, Joan

Khabra, Piara S

Oaten, Mark

Efford, Clive

Williams, Roger

Wishart, Pete

Devine, Jim

Singh, Marsha

Spink, Bob

Kirkbride, Julie

Amess, David

Vaz, Keith

Williams, Betty

McGovern, Jim

Vaizey, Edward

Ruddock, Joan

Jenkins, Brian

Widdecombe, Ann

Meale, Alan

Butterfill, John

Clelland, David

Ellman, Louise

Flynn, Paul

Walter, Robert

Banks, Gordon

Pugh, John

Cohen, Harry

Baker, Norman

Walley, Joan

Ellwood, Tobias

Jones, Martyn

Dean, Janet

Thurso, John

Wilson, Sammy

Farron, Timothy

Gove, Michael

Kramer, Susan

Rowen, Paul

Cunningham, Jim

Dunwoody, Gwyneth

Godsiff, Roger

Hamilton, Fabian

Willis, Phil

Connarty, Michael

Price, Adam

Willott, Jenny

keep em coming..... :D

Edited by Rinrada

BBC World Service's Thai takeaway

Thursday November 17, 2005

The Guardian, Letters

Authapol Wananuruks Head, BBC Thai service, 2000-03

In your Response column last week (November 10), you published Nigel Chapman's answer to Peter Preston's criticism of the decision to close down 10 World Service language sections. Neither of them mentioned the Thai service, which has been in existence since 1941. I do not think that when Nigel Chapman put forward the case for its closure to the BBC governors and foreign secretary Jack Straw, he presented a full and fair picture.

The first reason he gave is that, geopolitically, Thailand is not important. I have reason to believe the British embassy in Bangkok might think otherwise. I have learned that it was against the closure. After all, Thailand shares a troubled border with Burma and there is an incipient Islamic rebellion in the south, close to its border with Malaysia.

Second, the governors and Jack Straw were led to believe that people in Thailand have other sources of independent information. True to a certain extent, but I don't think they were told that Reporters Without Frontiers has recently downgraded Thailand in the press freedom league from 59 to 107, below Indonesia.

Third, the greatest concern, according to Chapman, is that the Thai service has had low audience figures over the past decade. What he did not say is that the BBC has not carried out any recent audience research. The figures quoted came from audience research commissioned by Voice of America to convince the US Congress that it should continue its Thai service. Nor did these figures reflect the large number of local FM stations which rebroadcast the BBC Thai service as part of their main news coverage. Nobody suggests closing down BBC News 24, despite its low audience figures.

Finally, many people who have worked at Bush House remember what happened when the BBC last attempted to set up an Arabic TV service. They are reminded of it when they now see their former colleagues starring on al-Jazeera.

Authapol Wananuruks

Head, BBC Thai service, 2000-03

http://www.guardian.co.uk/letters/story/0,...1644011,00.html

what a load of rubbish...bbc biased...

tell me this when something major in the world happens which news serive do u put your most trust in???

i can guarantee over 90% wud say the BBC...

for all u doubters tell me who is your preferred choice? thai news?? :o or maybe North Korean Channel 1???

get real guys...i have very close friends who are BBC news producers and the ytel me theres no way the government wud dare try to tell the beeb what to report...

u all got off topic a bit there. It is not about if the bbc is good or not.

Rinrada posted the relevant info

THAILAND: Declining freedom of speech; Media concentration

It comes at completely the wrong time for Thailand, where

threats to emerging independent media have increased dramatically.

BACKGROUND INFORMATION:

The AHRC has been among many other groups and individuals to warn

about growing threats to freedom of expression and independent media

in Thailand during recent times. For instance, it has pointed to the

criminal case against Supinya Klangnarong and the editors of the Thai

Post newspaper for allegedly defaming the corporation belonging to the

family of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra (UP-111-2005

{http://www.ahrchk.net/ua/mainfile.php/2005/1261/}). Its sister

organization, the Asian Legal Resource Centre, has expressed its

concerns regarding growing restrictions on freedom of expression--in

particular, actions against the burgeoning community radio movement

in Thailand--to the UN Human Rights Committee .....

.... "Institutionalized torture, extrajudicial killings & uneven

application of law in Thailand

the Committee expressed

concern at "reports of intimidation and harassment against local and

foreign journalists and media personnel as well as of defamation

suits against them, originating at the highest political level"

More recently, the prime minister has initiated new defamation suits

against media owners and professionals ...

... while the bulk of Thailand's electronic media has remained in the

hands of the national leadership, armed forces and civilian

administration. Legal action is also commencing against some persons

who set up community radio stations in accordance with a new

provision under the 1997 Constitution of Thailand. International media group Reporters without Borders has

also said that media conditions in Thailand are worsening, and ranked

the country as 107 out of 167 countries assessed for their media

freedom in 2005.

The fact is I don't give a sh*t about any news source. If something's significant it will be covered by everyone. I am so sick of the media that I am complete disengaged from it. Most topics are depressing and downright boring. Sorry if I 've insulted anyone.

BBC World Service (BBCWS)

The UK's Voice around the World

The BBC World Service is recognised around the world for its impartiality and unbiased reporting; its brand promotes respect for the UK abroad.

It is funded primarily through grant-in-aid from the FCO (£225m pa in 2004-05) but has complete editorial independence.

It continues to maintain its position as the world's leading broadcaster, transmitting programmes in English and 42 other languages to 146 million listeners per week. The World Service is received on FM in 139 capital cities.

The Government awarded the BBC World Service an additional £19.5 million in grant in aid for 2005-2008......etc..etc.....

Thailand is the only country outside Europe that will LOSE its BBC World Language services and I want to know why-why..WHY...????

The British Chamber of Commerce in Bangkok is recognised as being the Second largest of its type in the World (No 1 is in Washington)and offers the chance for all majour British Companies to become involved in the fastest growing and potentially one of the Richest regions of the Pacific Rim and what on earth do the BBC do....Cut this great lifeline...

Mean thinks its TIME to COMPLAIN.......anyone feel the same please feel free to drop a line to:

Jack Straw the Foreign Office Minister......he holds the purse strings...

FCO Ministers

The Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, Rt Hon Jack Straw MP, is responsible for the work of the FCO.

He is assisted by four Ministers:

- Douglas Alexander MP

- Ian Pearson MP

- Dr Kim Howells MP

- Lord Triesman

Foreign and Commonwealth Office

King Charles Street

London.SW1A 2AH

http://www.fco.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagena...d=1007029396122

I too will miss but only because of non impartiel BS they spread. Long ago they were a beacon , but hardly in the last decade.

We are talking here about the Thai Language Service.....not some mothers do "ave them.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/thai/

Got an email from a mate of mine in the Big Hoose who informs me that good old Austin (still got the video)has already set up an early day motion so the demise of the BBC Thai language Service ...to Thailand ...is not and should not be taking as a forgone conclusion.... :D

CUTS TO THE BBC WORLD SERVICE:25.10.2005

Mitchell, Austin (with thanks)

That this House expresses its concern at the decision of the Government and the BBC to close the Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Greek, Hungarian, Polish, Slovak, Slovene, Kazak and Thai language services and to downgrade other services in Hindi and those serving Brazil; believes that at its best the BBC World Service can challenge corruption, expose human rights abuses and promote democratic values; further believes that to measure such concepts purely in terms of audience numbers and financial considerations does not do justice to their importance; notes that such measures may reduce British influence in key parts of Europe and the rest of the world; and therefore calls on the Government to review the decision to close the services and to provide adequate resources to maintain current services.

Signatures( 97)

Standard Order Party Groups Alphabetical Order

Party Totals Status

All signatures

Mitchell, Austin 

Robertson, Angus 

Corbyn, Jeremy 

McDonnell, John 

Riordan, Linda 

Clark, Katy 

Cook, Frank 

Cousins, Jim 

Wareing, Robert N 

Robinson, Iris 

Skinner, Dennis 

Jones, Lynne 

Llwyd, Elfyn 

Marris, Rob 

McCafferty, Chris 

O'Hara, Edward 

Breed, Colin 

Campbell, Gregory 

Campbell, Ronnie 

Caton, Martin 

Conway, Derek 

Cryer, Ann 

Cummings, John 

Donaldson, Jeffrey 

Hancock, Mike 

Baldry, Tony 

Bottomley, Peter 

Stringer, Graham 

Vis, Rudi 

Winterton, Nicholas 

Hemming, John 

Anderson, David 

Clapham, Michael 

Dodds, Nigel 

Durkan, Mark 

Taylor, David 

Hunter, Mark 

Short, Clare 

Dismore, Andrew 

Drew, David 

Hermon, Sylvia 

Hopkins, Kelvin 

Lazarowicz, Mark 

Owen, Albert 

Gerrard, Neil 

Fisher, Mark 

Francis, Hywel 

Hamilton, David 

Salmond, Alex 

Sheridan, Jim 

Simpson, Alan 

Humble, Joan 

Khabra, Piara S 

Oaten, Mark 

Efford, Clive 

Williams, Roger 

Wishart, Pete 

Devine, Jim 

Singh, Marsha 

Spink, Bob 

Kirkbride, Julie 

Amess, David 

Vaz, Keith 

Williams, Betty 

McGovern, Jim 

Vaizey, Edward 

Ruddock, Joan 

Jenkins, Brian 

Widdecombe, Ann 

Meale, Alan 

Butterfill, John 

Clelland, David 

Ellman, Louise 

Flynn, Paul 

Walter, Robert 

Banks, Gordon 

Pugh, John 

Cohen, Harry 

Baker, Norman 

Walley, Joan 

Ellwood, Tobias 

Jones, Martyn 

Dean, Janet 

Thurso, John 

Wilson, Sammy 

Farron, Timothy 

Gove, Michael 

Kramer, Susan 

Rowen, Paul 

Cunningham, Jim 

Dunwoody, Gwyneth 

Godsiff, Roger 

Hamilton, Fabian 

Willis, Phil 

Connarty, Michael 

Price, Adam 

Willott, Jenny 

keep em coming..... :D

Spoke to an Ex Governmenr minister last night and he told me that he also is against the cuts :D but I cant say who he is ...... :o:D