Tot 3G Down?

QuestionMark

Hello,

I have a TOT netsim card and I cant get any data from the internet for about 2 hours now.

the cellphone shows the "3g" or even "H" symbol for 3g or HSDPA and pretends it it connected but there is no data being recieved or sent.

is this just a regular downtime on the side of TOT or is this my phone's fault?

normally when TOT goes down (which I understand happens and don't worry about much) is the 3g/H symbol on a phone still on during this period?

thanks in advance!

TOT is having problems with the APN for the NetSims. The regular apn for phones is working. I called them and they said they are working on it but don't know when they will have the problem fixed. You get a signal but their system is refusing the data connection to netsims only.

haha thanks for the answer glad to hear my phone isn't broken but sucks that I have to use my AIS card which only gets edge here..

but again, thanks for the perfect answer

Check your AIS Card settings! Since a few days AIS 3G coverage area in Bangkok is larger than before.

Try network mode with WCDMA only.

I have a AIS 3G data package and Ihad no no coverage in the east of Bangkok until a few days ago.

I tried whether AIS allows roaming on TOT network but I got the message my Sim card doesn´t allow roaming.

But when I switched back to AIS with network setting WCDMA only I was connected to AIS 3G (HSDPA+) network..

This covers now at least the area from Seacon Square to several kilometers east of the airport.

BTW an AIS flyer in Thai shows now a large area of Bangkok to have 3G service by the end of this year.

It looks like they already switched on 3G in more parts of Bangkok.

thanks for the answer!

TOT is back online btw.

how do I set up "WCDMA only"?

I'm using a samsung galaxy ace for what it's worth and didn't find any option saying something like that under settings - wireless and networks

but then again I do get a 3g signal here now (on nut area) so maybe it's done automatically - will see if it drops back to edge over the day

thanks for the answer!

TOT is back online btw.

how do I set up "WCDMA only"?

I'm using a samsung galaxy ace for what it's worth and didn't find any option saying something like that under settings - wireless and networks

but then again I do get a 3g signal here now (on nut area) so maybe it's done automatically - will see if it drops back to edge over the day

With my Galaxy SII I get "WCDMA only" with the following settings:

open settings --> wireless and networks --> mobile networks --> network mode --> here you can choose "autmode (GSM/WCDMA)" or "GSM only" or "WCDMA only"

try what setting is best for you.

Here in Thailand you can only use TOT and AIS 3G services with your Galacy Ace.

True and DTAC use the 850 MHz-band for 3G which is not supported by your phone.

Edited by rstone