Members Helping Members

cdnvic

If you can help other members who are displaced by the flooding this is the place to post any offers of help. This is strictly between the individual members, and Thaivisa makes no guarantees or endorsements in regards to any offer given or received.

Rules for posting in this topic:

No commercial advertising. If you can help someone out for free please do, but discounted offers, or any sales are not allowed. Anyone spamming in this topic will receive a minimum 30 day account suspension. Same goes for any off topic arguments and politicizing.

This topic if for OFFERS of help, not to solicit help from others.

Please work out the details between individuals in private to keep the topic as clean and easy to understand as possible.

If you receive enough replies or find yourself unable to provide more services please use the report button on your original post and ask a moderator to mark it as full, or remove it.

Don't put phone numbers, email addresses, or website URLs in your post. This info should be exchanged in private.

Please be specific about what area of the country you are in, or are willing to go to.

All parties should exercise due diligence. Thaivisa has no way of screening offers and takers, and accepts no responsibility for the actions of either party. Our sole purpose is to give a platform for people in the community to connect. From then on, it's a private matter between two parties.

Many people have already given offers of help in other topics, and we thank them for their generosity. If they wish to repost here they are welcome to, with the above guidelines in mind.

Things that people may need:

- Accommodation

- Parking

- Storage

- Kennels

- Pump-out services

- Checking on family members

- Transport

- Physical help with protecting property from floodwaters

- Expertise in safeguarding systems such as electrical, sewage, and plumbing.

- Clean up and sanitation.

Sorry can not help here Accommodation

Sorry our Condo full already Parking

Sorry no Space for Storage

Sorry here Kennels

No Pumps Pump-out services

Can help here, BTS and MRT areas, Checking on family members

Sorry can not help, Transport

Can help but a bit limited - Physical help with protecting property from floodwaters

Sorry cannot help here - Expertise in safeguarding systems such as electrical, sewage, and plumbing.

Can help here if I can get to you and get back to help clean up, Clean up and sanitation.

Sorry very limited and have a few situations myself, with storage then if a group of people get together then may be inexpensive to rent a condo, room for storage, may be a database can be set up with who can do what then these members can be contacted when there is a need. Also people with jet washes and other item which can make the cleaning up easier.

I have my appartment at Narathiwas/Surawongse and could take some luggage & baggage, if you are able to transport it there.

Since I have a small laundry machine I could also offer free laundry.

I can assist someone in looking for a place to stay in Chumphon, which has no flooding problems. I've seen a couple of visitors who are unable to stay in bangkok already make their way down here to kite surf or relax. I've written a post here that would assist you in relocating or passing through Chumphon town on a budget. All the information started to add up, so I drafted up a couple of maps that makes it easier to grasp where things are.:D

I have heard that the Southern Bus terminal may have some minor water....not sure how bad it is or how it will affect the schedules, but the cheaper VIPs buses i'm sure will sell out quick.

Edited by 4evermaat

just to clarify

please put the offers you have, and be as specific as possible.

eg. one room in Cholburi for 3 people for X days (furnished/unfurnished? can accept children or no children)

one place for a dog in pattaya for X days

one truck to evacuate people from X to Y

cheers everyone

Good call.

I have a small place so can't really take luggage etc, and I certainly wouldn't be willing to accept any valuables.

If anybody does have any small pets though, they will have a safe place with me.

Should have mentioned that by small animals I generally mean things in cages/tanks like hamsters etc.

No way will my building allow me to keep cats/dogs etc. Plus my apartment is not suitable for that anyway.

PM mewelcomeani.gif will do my best! Pattaya area. Family oriented. Good luck!thumbsup.gif

Hi FOODLOVER.

Tried to PM you but I get the error message saying "This member can not use the messaging system". PM attached. Anyone else who may know of something is invited to respond also. To be clear this is not an offer for assistance, but a request for one.

My family has been dislocated due to our house being under flood water up to the second floor. We have twin 1 year old toddlers that require a great deal of supervision. Luckily we have friends who are willing to help take care of them, but nowhere to stay that is big enough to house everyone. I am looking for a 3 bedroom or larger house anywhere on the Eastern seaboard within reasonable driving distance of Bangkok (Chonburi-Pattaya-Rayong) for about 2 months with an option to extend for another 2 months.

Budget is 20k - 30k, but security deposit is a serious concern as I can not afford the typical Thai problem of it not being returned.

If you know of anything please let me know.

PM mewelcomeani.gif will do my best! Pattaya area. Family oriented. Good luck!thumbsup.gif

Hi FOODLOVER.

Tried to PM you but I get the error message saying "This member can not use the messaging system". PM attached. Anyone else who may know of something is invited to respond also. To be clear this is not an offer for assistance, but a request for one.

My family has been dislocated due to our house being under flood water up to the second floor. We have twin 1 year old toddlers that require a great deal of supervision. Luckily we have friends who are willing to help take care of them, but nowhere to stay that is big enough to house everyone. I am looking for a 3 bedroom or larger house anywhere on the Eastern seaboard within reasonable driving distance of Bangkok (Chonburi-Pattaya-Rayong) for about 2 months with an option to extend for another 2 months.

Budget is 20k - 30k, but security deposit is a serious concern as I can not afford the typical Thai problem of it not being returned.

OK will see what is going on with the pm( private messenger), sorry about that! What i have is 2 room suites that have a kitchenette or living room. The rooms are second and third floors with full size refrigerators and hi speed wifi in all rooms. It is 5:30 am now so will need to let people wake up before i can see our availability. For a three bedroom house there are many in the area that would not cost that much. At least they did not cost that much before the floods. What i will do today is go and take pictures of houses in the area that are available and will post to you and if any that you feel are safe for the child i will try to make some type of arrangement. I will also talk to our current tenants to see when they will be moving on. Take care!jap.gif

We have spare Gh free for members/flood victims

Gas Shower WC kitchn cable wifi etc

On Maekhong 10 quid on Sombaht tour or Fly C Rai then 68baht bus 10 hrs due N of Bangkok

100 West 20 degrees North

First come first served

Thai double bed also room for one more Thai size /child

Small terrace use of our pool lakes river etc

7 bikes

24hr Beer no BKK rules here Distillery nearby

7/11 700m access to 5 atms 57 restauarants 1km

Airport Ferry and Laos 2km

PM

Location map: My link

Hope to do an 11/11/11 panda pool party for flood relief all profits to Thai $ed Cross via PooYai Ban

Hi FOODLOVER.

OK will see what is going on with the pm( private messenger), sorry about that! What i have is 2 room suites that have a kitchenette or living room. The rooms are second and third floors with full size refrigerators and hi speed wifi in all rooms. It is 5:30 am now so will need to let people wake up before i can see our availability. For a three bedroom house there are many in the area that would not cost that much. At least they did not cost that much before the floods. What i will do today is go and take pictures of houses in the area that are available and will post to you and if any that you feel are safe for the child i will try to make some type of arrangement. I will also talk to our current tenants to see when they will be moving on. Take care!jap.gif

Forgot to hit save when i unticked the PM box. Another failed PM!biggrin.gif

Anyone living around Lardphrao Soi 1-15, if your house is on low grounds, you might go check out the parking lot across the street from Caltex, between Thai Farmers and Siam Commercial. That accommodates approx 15 cars. and it is on rather high ground. ( I wonder why no one thought of that, and chose to leave their cars on highways.) If worse comes to worst, I would say only your tyres may get soaked.

Our offer has been accepted, when next comes available i will update. jap.gif Has any one arranged a clothing drop for the victims. The wife and I have many things that can be donated or could use our restaurant as a drop off location for Pattaya. It is not centrally located but have the space and staff to take care. Up to you. More of a question for the Mod Squad.

I have deleted one post

Please keep this thread for flood related assistance only

But please leave questions not related to flood relief off this thread

Cheers

Hello Everyone,

I couldnt help but remember reading a post that stated a place where we can get sand for free provided that we brought our own bags to put it in. Is there any chance you could tell me or repost it? Or Something? I think it will help a lot of people. Thanks a lot.

If anyone does remember..

Villy

Edited by webfact
/formatting fixed

If you have friends who were affected of the floods, an evacuation center for foreigners and Thais is open at soi 18 Sukhumvit 103 @ Bangna Commercial College, accessible by BTS train (Udomsuk Station). The center has a capacity of 200 people. With free wifi internet, beddings, mosquito nets, 24 hour security. For more information, please call 0819130117.

Will attach map and a video about the center. Many thanks.

post-25980-0-26479000-1320894370_thumb.j

Edited by Buki

Hello All,

I have a ground floor, one bedroom, living room, kitch apartment with aircon, hot water, fully furnished, including wifi. It is located in Banpong about 80 km west of BKK. Good size for 1 or 2 people. Pay only AC. PM me.

Cheers,

'nuff said

~

post-22541-0-11293900-1321073510_thumb.j

post-22541-0-40981100-1321073531_thumb.j

post-22541-0-60767700-1321073556_thumb.j

post-22541-0-05045000-1321073577_thumb.j

post-22541-0-83915900-1321073594_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...