US Jury Finds Russian 'Merchant Of Death' Guilty

webfact

I'm not a fan of the US global police attitude, in this instance though I would say they had every right to apprehend this guy, maybe it was only a matter of time before some of the missing nuclear material from the former soviet bloc fell into his hands and was sold for the purpose of attacking the west !

+1

Before you spout off, do some research. This guy is responsible for lots of innocent peoples death. I'm amazed at how people hate the US more than this guy. Unreal.

If his arrest saved one innocent person's life, then it was worth it. I'm glad the US was able to pull this off. But would have been just as happy if any other country in the world had done it also.

I assume you mean he is responsible for each death done by any weapons allegedly sold by him?

Can we apply this same standard to any other company and nations too? Just wanna know if you are truly a person seeking law and justice or a hypocrite.

My guess is the people he supplied "may" have been able to get weapons elsewhere. But I do believe if you knowingly provide a weapon illegally to a kid, a convicted felon, mentally ill or other persons banned from such possession or purchase then you should be culpable in the crimes this person carries out with the weapon.

So you agree that many other companies and nation states are guilty of the same thing you accuse him off?

Before you spout off, do some research. This guy is responsible for lots of innocent peoples death. I'm amazed at how people hate the US more than this guy. Unreal.

If his arrest saved one innocent person's life, then it was worth it. I'm glad the US was able to pull this off. But would have been just as happy if any other country in the world had done it also.

I assume you mean he is responsible for each death done by any weapons allegedly sold by him?

Can we apply this same standard to any other company and nations too? Just wanna know if you are truly a person seeking law and justice or a hypocrite.

My guess is the people he supplied "may" have been able to get weapons elsewhere. But I do believe if you knowingly provide a weapon illegally to a kid, a convicted felon, mentally ill or other persons banned from such possession or purchase then you should be culpable in the crimes this person carries out with the weapon.

So you agree that many other companies and nation states are guilty of the same thing you accuse him off?

I'm sure many entities are more guilty of many things than he is but it in my mind it has no bearing at all on his guilt. We live in a f@cked up world and certain people/entities have power that enable them to circumvent the law or do legally what others cannot but again, that doesn't mean it is right or that people shouldn't be prosecuted. It is wrong that priests for a long time got away with child abuse but it is still a good thing that others were being prosecuted for these same crimes at the same time everyone was looking away from what was going on with the church.

I think Vktor had some power at some point but he crossed the line somewhere and lost his protection. I guess even the US expects criminals they hire to have some boundaries.

Edited by Nisa

100% agree. You shout somebody, it's your responsibility. Question is the circumstances. Of which there are too many to list. But if you supply arms to different groups within the same country so they can kill each other is wrong. If you supply arms to young kids so they can go into war, it's wrong. Blaming the company who made the weapon is a tough one. As most pretty much had no idea where they were going. Or at least pretended not to know! :(

The problem is simple: If he is guilty for each murder that his customer carried out, then it should apply to all. If a nation sells arms to a group or nation that kills innocents then all citizens of the selling nation, as the real owner of the government, is therefor equally guilty.

So don't complain when some peace-nick are calling you murderers.

Edited by TAWP

The problem is simple: If he is guilty for each murder that his customer carried out, then it should apply to all. If a nation sells arms to a group or nation that kills innocents then all citizens of the selling nation, as the real owner of the government, is therefor equally guilty.

He wasn't found guilty of murder but was found guilty of supplying a terrorist group with weapons and "conspiracy" to murder Americans.. The conspiracy charges were because it was made clear to him in the sting that the weapons would be used to kill Americans. And in the US, this would apply to anyone who provided a weapons to somebody knowing they were going to use it to kill somebody.

As for my being guilty of what the US government does simply because of the place I was born ... that is ridiculous. However, I would agree that people who vote into power a leader who makes clear their intention of breaking the law should also be accountable for those laws broken. Example would be a president who believes torturing prisoners is acceptable.

Edited by Nisa

The peacenicks are citizens as well so that makes them murderers too - and hypocrites to boot!

The peacenicks are citizens as well so that makes them murderers too - and hypocrites to boot!

Indeed!

I'd bet 99% of the world's citizens had never even heard of Bout until his arrest...and 99% have no idea what their governments are up to for things like this. :(

I'd bet 99% of the world's citizens had never even heard of Bout until his arrest...and 99% have no idea what their governments are up to for things like this. :(

True words Craig..

Also true...from the article you linked in another post on this thread

But it points to the fundamental hypocrisy at the heart of the global trade in weapons: Governments protect corrupt and dangerous arms dealers as long as they need them and then throw them behind bars when they are no longer useful.