Maat'S Guide To Living Near Chumphon Town

4evermaat

Thanks for the great information!

Are there any long term pool villa rentals possible in this area? I am looking for something in the 200 or 300 sqm range with a big pool where u cant be seen and large plot. Planung to move in 2018 or 2019 to Thailand. I was living in Pattaya on the dark side before.

Thanks in advance!

14 hours ago, stat said:

Thanks for the great information!

Are there any long term pool villa rentals possible in this area? I am looking for something in the 200 or 300 sqm range with a big pool where u cant be seen and large plot. Planung to move in 2018 or 2019 to Thailand. I was living in Pattaya on the dark side before.

Thanks in advance!

200-300 sqm?  Maybe not quite that large unit.  You want a private pool (exclusively for your unit)?  Not sure there is anything.  But there are some resorts where the common pool would be "exclusive" because you would be one of the few long-term guests.

There are about 6 or 7 near the beach area.  

Armonia Village Resort

Tawan Chai Resort

Beach Way Resort

Kanokwan Resort

Nana Beach 

Cabana Resort

A little bit further down

Bua Dara Resort

and there might be one more nearby.

There could be a few more hidden on a backroad.

A couple more in the Chumphon Town.   ฿700-1000+/night but these are more like hotels than single units/duplexes.

There is also something like Sara Beach resort and such in Pathio or Novotel Golf Resort in Pak Nam ( could be a few more also that way near Sairee Beach)  That's if you really want to be away from everything.   Are you prepared for ฿4000+/night? ฿50,000+/month?  Many of the more 'Resort' type of places here are setup for daily rates.  The monthly rates can come down if you intend to stay for 6+ months.

edit:  This list is not exhaustive, but there are not a lot of pool villa resorts here.  The beach is nice already.  And then pools are expensive to build and maintain.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your post 4evermaat!

Yes I am willing to pay north of 50.000 Baht; Paid 80.000 Baht in Pattaya per month for 1 year rental.

Private pool is a must have for me, only optional if the beach is 100m away. 

The resorts you listed are more geared towards shorter stays in my opinion.

I have troubles finding any offerings outside of Patts, Bangkok or Phuket which as cities are to busy for me. I am quite open to general location of the villa. I learned that Chiang Mai has a serions smog problem which is also a nogo for me.

Thanks for any info!

• 2 months later...
On 6/24/2017 at 8:38 PM, stat said:

Thanks for your post 4evermaat!

Yes I am willing to pay north of 50.000 Baht; Paid 80.000 Baht in Pattaya per month for 1 year rental.

Private pool is a must have for me, only optional if the beach is 100m away. 

The resorts you listed are more geared towards shorter stays in my opinion.

I have troubles finding any offerings outside of Patts, Bangkok or Phuket which as cities are to busy for me. I am quite open to general location of the villa. I learned that Chiang Mai has a serions smog problem which is also a nogo for me.

Thanks for any info!

I just saw this now.

I sent you a PM.  I'm not saying it's impossible, but with the cost of pool maintenance (let alone several individual pools, it might be hard to find that here.  More likely people would lease land and then put their own pool (above or below ground).   Renting from a private individual who built a private pool would be more likely.

Patts, Bangkok, Phuket, and probably Samui have the volume of HiSo/Hi End tourists and the infrastructure such that a few of the resorts could risk that kind of money.

A friend of mine went to Hua Hin to check out some places and his friend already moved out there.  Hua Hin is also a popular kitesurfing as well as getaway from Bangkok, so it is worth investigating.  

Sairee beach near Pak Nam Chumphon might have some bungalows there.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello Maat. Thank you for the info.

Can I ask you please? I've been living in samui for 7 years, until last year. Now I am coming back to Thailand, and I want to move to chumphon. Is it still possible to rent a small house -1 bedroom for 5-6000? Beach proximity? Will I be able to rent a bike for 2,5-3000 there? Can you recommend me places or areas please? Thank you very much. Best regards

^^well, 1bed house is kind of hard to find.  For that price you will get 2-3 bedrooms :).  On the beach road is the exception, where the bungalows can be gotten for 5000 + electric all the way up to 20,000+/mo for a serviced bungalow.

I recommend you come within the next couple of weeks as now is approaching high season at Thung Wua Laen.  Especially now many schools have ended their term early or extended the midterm due to the upcoming Royal Cremation.  Earlier is better.

• 3 months later...

I used to go to that bar at the beach too, thung waelan beach, - bamboo bar I think it was called, the owner was British a complete piss head felt bit sorry for him, decent guy, his name was Stuart, I guess Thailands hookers sucked him in took everything and racked off.

told me that his mrs was the laundry lady for all the girls in phuket, I was 19, I believed him. 2 other american guys lived next door with fit girls as well, there girls were not hookers either lol.

I was like, how the hell are these getting girls like this and im not even getting a word in with anyone.... anyway i figured it out eventually.

best bird in the whole of chumpon was defo Fame Tour owner Akey wife or ex wife now Rowina - sexy Rowina - blow my brains out, she probably 40 odd now.

• 3 months later...

Hello Maat,

Like the other posters I would also like to thank you for all your work providing info for us Chumpon 'newbies'.

I've been retired and living in Hua Hin for over 6 years but now I want to look at Chumpon. Is there an area you can recommend to stay in a hotel for a week or so that is close, preferably walking distance,  to a group of Expat type bars and restaurants where English is spoken?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

On 5/27/2018 at 12:51 PM, YorkshireTyke said:

Hello Maat,

Like the other posters I would also like to thank you for all your work providing info for us Chumpon 'newbies'.

I've been retired and living in Hua Hin for over 6 years but now I want to look at Chumpon. Is there an area you can recommend to stay in a hotel for a week or so that is close, preferably walking distance,  to a group of Expat type bars and restaurants where English is spoken?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Not sure what you are looking for, or what your budget is, but Thung Wua Laen beach has several bungalow style resorts Seabeach, Nana Beach, even Albatross.  I also know of a few private places as well you can PM me with more specifics.

A couple of people did the opposite (came to Chumphon, thought it was too quiet, wanted to be closer to a busy district, etc and went to Hua Hin).  We like quiet ?

It's low season now btw.

On 2/9/2018 at 5:58 PM, Seanbhoy said:

thats where that bar was..... great location, guess drank the profits away

Untitled.png

I think the bar you are referring to moved down the street a couple of years ago.  Close to where Sabai Sabai Bar is (between MD Pizza and V-bar).  

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Maat, 

My husband and I are planning to come to Chumphon next month (July) for a reasonable period of time ( 6 months +) and are looking to rent a property - ideally 2-3 bedrooms with a pool. If you know of anything at a reasonable price, or whereabouts is best to enquire, that would be very helpful.

Kind regards

S

Archived