Fish And Chips

N47HAN

Used to be a fish and chip shop years ago in Patong near the Otop place ( opposite Hardrock ) Simons I think it was called and he moved on to Pattaya years ago )

Is there one in Phuket anywhere ?

I dont mean restaurants / bars that sell fish and chips , theres plenty I know , but rather a fish and chip shop ?

Cant think of one , anyone else know of one ?

The last one I knew in Patong was next to Ocean Plazza on the beach road, but I think that one closed a while back. I remember years ago about the time Simon opened there was another way further along Rat-u-tit nearer/opposite the Patong Deli and the same people had one in Kata. None of them lasted very long.

They seem to be as scarce as hens teeth here

Where i come from there is a fish and chip shop, a pizza shop and a Chinese restaurant in every suburban area

Yes, what's the world coming to when you can't find a fish & chip shop in Thailand. :rolleyes:

Edited by Semper

Where i come from there is a fish and chip shop, a pizza shop and a Chinese restaurant in every suburban area

Yes, what's the world coming to when you can't find a fish & chip shop in Thailand. :rolleyes:

Well, Thailands largest fast food chain KFC has been serving fishfingers for years :rolleyes:

Well, Thailands largest fast food chain KFC has been serving fishfingers for years :rolleyes:

... and the best ones in Thailand they are too. Beat Pizza Company with their Alaska pollock hands down.

Yes mate but there is a difference between fish fingers and a piece of decent fish cooked in batter

Tried Nikitas the other day and there fish and chips are good again, must have a new cook :D

Yes mate but there is a difference between fish fingers and a piece of decent fish cooked in batter

Tried Nikitas the other day and there fish and chips are good again, must have a new cook :D

agreed

just made a comment on Sempers silly "why would there be fish n chips in Thailand", as it is ALL OVER Thailand, by KFC

I like the fish n chips in the Jungceylon home brew beer place, but pricy at 200++

That's interesting as last time I tried Nikitas the fish was OK (albeit nothing like the fish in UK 'fish and chips'), but the chips were rubbish.

Do they now have decent chips?

I must admit that one of the few things I REALLY miss from home is fish and chips.

That's interesting as last time I tried Nikitas the fish was OK (albeit nothing like the fish in UK 'fish and chips'), but the chips were rubbish.

Do they now have decent chips?

I must admit that one of the few things I REALLY miss from home is fish and chips.

Just the normal chips you buy here not home made or the thicker type

But they were cooked OK not burnt

I find it impossible to cook a decent chip from Thai potatoes - have to use the frozen chips to get anything decent.

I too have tried to cook chips and failed miserably - they were pretty awful.

As you say, it is the potatoes available that just don't work for chips. Mind you, the frozen chips are even worse!

Fortunately there are one or two places that somehow manage to make delicious chips. The fish though, whilst fine, is nothing like the cod/haddock/plaice in batter from back home.

Puravarna at naiharn has the best fish and chips.

Snow fish in light beer batter and malt vinegar.

Try it. Its amazing...

Where is Purvana?

I want to know as well. I'll for sure try it.

The old meridian hotel at the north end of naiharn beach.

Its in the hotel but its hardly posh or expensive.

I've walked in there with no shoes and eaten.

Its 280 or 300 baht for 3 pieces of snow fish with fries which is very reasonable.

Edited by LivinginKata
inflammatory remark removed

• 2 weeks later...

Its 280 or 300 baht for 3 pieces of snow fish with fries which is very reasonable.

Looked for the restaurant yesterday,at north end of beach

We went in past the yacht club and came back slowly and could not find it

There is a restaurant at the club and one further back called the Tropical Cafe

Where the barrier is which had fish and chips, but we did not try them, i think its the wrong restaurant

Looked for the restaurant yesterday,at north end of beach

We went in past the yacht club and came back slowly and could not find it

There is a restaurant at the club and one further back called the Tropical Cafe

Where the barrier is which had fish and chips, but we did not try them, i think its the wrong restaurant

Its in the hotel.

Go up to the lobby and head left.

Has an amazing view.

Had some lovely battered fish pieces the other day.

Surprisingly, it was in a noodle shop in Phuket Town. About half way between the Expo Markets and the bank at the top of the street.

The batter had a little spice to it, but was hot and crispy. Great for a fish snack.