Bomb Alert In Naklua Beer Bar.

britmaveric

Bomb alert in Naklua Beer bar.

15-11_3_2.jpg

15-11_3_3.jpg

With the constant threat of global terrorism threatening tourist resorts around the world, Pattaya remains a potential target and Police and other authorities are on constant alert for any suspicious activities. We received word of an abandoned bag inside a beer bar complex in Naklua and attended the scene.

As you can see a black bag which appeared to be full of something had been left inside the Bell&Boss Bar. Because of the late hour, everyone had gone home which left the journalists alone with the bag. Although the Police had arrived, it was decided by one brave journalist to open the bag and find out what was inside, as the Police were reluctant to do anything until bomb disposal experts arrived.

Khun Boonleur who works for the Pattaya Mail carefully opened the bag and all that was inside was a collection of woman’s cloths and other small items but luckily no explosive device. A happy ending to a potentially serious incident. :o

-Pattaya City News

Tuesday 15th November 2005

This is either one heroic lad or very stupid!!!! -britmaveric

As stupid as it sounds. I used to walk past bags forgotten/left on purpose and wonder if there was money or drugs inside. Now if I see a bag all alone I worry it contains a bomb, what can we do?

Leave it to the bomb squad (wonder if patters has one :o) - it's laffable - what's he think opening a bag with a bar in between will be safe for him if it goes off?

Bomb alert in Naklua Beer bar.

15-11_3_2.jpg

15-11_3_3.jpg

Although the Police had arrived, it was decided by one brave journalist to open the bag and find out what was inside, as the Police were reluctant to do anything until bomb disposal experts arrived.

being stupid is not brave. The cops should have arrested the moron for interfering with their response.

I am surprised that the police (not the bomb boys) didn't do the same thing themselves though.

As stupid as it sounds. I used to walk past bags forgotten/left on purpose and wonder if there was money or drugs inside. Now if I see a bag all alone I worry it contains a bomb, what can we do?

Leave it to the bomb squad (wonder if patters has one :o) - it's laffable - what's he think opening a bag with a bar in between will be safe for him if it goes off?

Not positive, but I think Pattaya calls the Thai Navy at Sattahip for bomb disposal services.

In the first picture, it looks like someone's gonna stab him in the back.  :D

The BiB probably grabbed the first passer by and threatened him if he didn't open it...........and that my friends is the Thai version of the Bomb Disposal Squad  :o

That's actually a pretty good idea. I'd like to volunteer all the tailors that stand around blocking the sidewalks accosting the tourists.

The BiB probably grabbed the first passer by and threatened him if he didn't open it...........and that my friends is the Thai version of the Bomb Disposal Squad  :o

That's actually a pretty good idea. I'd like to volunteer all the tailors that stand around blocking the sidewalks accosting the tourists.

Seconded, there's no way they could measure your inside leg with one arm missing :D:D

being stupid is not brave. The cops should have arrested the moron for interfering with their response.

I am surprised that the police (not the bomb boys) didn't do the same thing themselves though.

Why would a terrorist blow up an empty bar? Its obvious (even if it was a bomb) that it wasnt going to explode. I think you're the moron here.

Why would a terrorist blow up an empty bar? Its obvious (even if it was a bomb) that it wasnt going to explode. I think you're the moron here.

You'd be another good candidate for the bomb squad. Your name is appropriate.

You'd be another good candidate for the bomb squad. Your name is appropriate.

:D maybe he works for the Pattaya Mail :o

Seconded, there's no way they could measure your inside leg with one arm missing :D:D

Tape in the mouth at the top of your leg, hand on the tape at the bottom :D

Tape in the mouth at the top of your leg, hand on the tape at the bottom :D

Personal experience sierra01?? :D