Govt 'Will Heed' His Majesty's Advice : PM Yingluck

webfact

Here's a link to a Thai article which states an order from the current Phua Thai government to keep the water in the damns.

Regardless of this, and the decisions previous governments have made before it, there is very little reason for crediting the current government on the way they've handled this crisis. I seriously do wonder if we'd actually be better off completely without them.

Thank you for the article. That was on September 5th, when much of the country was already flooded. So that was indeed a good decision by Puea Thai, not to release even more water. The current crisis was created by the Abhisit administration, who did not order the dams to release water (for whatever reason) back in March through June 2011 when there was roughly 500% more rainfall than in previous years.

It's just the dying spasms of the managed democracy dinosaurs. Oh, well....are there any decent alternatives to the Phils for the forum's right wing nutters?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's a link to a Thai article which states an order from the current Phua Thai government to keep the water in the damns.

Regardless of this, and the decisions previous governments have made before it, there is very little reason for crediting the current government on the way they've handled this crisis. I seriously do wonder if we'd actually be better off completely without them.

Thank you for the article. That was on September 5th, when much of the country was already flooded. So that was indeed a good decision by Puea Thai, not to release even more water. The current crisis was created by the Abhisit administration, who did not order the dams to release water (for whatever reason) back in March through June 2011 when there was roughly 500% more rainfall than in previous years.

I'm wondering if you can explain your "500%" number. Do you just add up the percentages?

Also, can you tell me which fortune tellers would have told the democrats in March that there was going to be 3 typhoons to hit Thailand by October.

I live in Khampaeng Phet province and the weather data provided by the Thai Met office comes from the only Met station which is actually in Muang Khampaeng Phet itself.

http://www.tmd.go.th/en/province.php?id=8

I used to faithfully log all the details daily for months until I gave up in May.

Where I live is 65 km from the weather station and there were days when it poured down at my house, 6 km away in Klong Lan there may have been a little and in Khampaeng Phet there may have been none at all. The reverse is true as well.

All those reports show only what is happening at the weather station.

Mae Wong national park which lies behind me goes up to over 1,000 metres in places and a lot of the klongs start around there and come downhill and into reservoirs and bigger klongs and eventually the Ping River. The ping gets its water from the north CM etc, and it then runs down to Nakhon Sawan and joins the Nan and the Yom rivers I think and is the start of the Chao Phraya river. We only had one day of a flash flood here but the water still flows down but we stay dry as we are at 150 metres above sea level.