Renewing Uk Passport

jitagon

I have just renewed my UK passport.

I live up north so I did it thru the Chiang Mai Consulate.

Very straight forward. Old passport, photos, application forms and a money order.

The staff were very helpful. Received my new 10 year pp by post 10 days later.

Here is a stupid question, what happens if you fill your current passport and have Visas that are still vali?

I have heard you can get an extension in your passport is that true?

You can get the visa transferred at the relevant agency, though some embassies insist that the visa is only vaild with the issuing passport. Having your Thai visas transferred is not a problem and is free. I had it done when I renewed my passport.

British Embassy Link

"Consular Services we provide include:

Issue/renewal of passports

lost/stolen passports

Registration of births

(Application Form, click here)

Notarial Acts (Including documentation required to marry in Thailand)

Letters of support for Thai driving licence / Thai visa applications?

Passport Applications

Requirements

- 2 recent indentical photos (2" size)

(We require two RECENT, COLOUR photographs)

- Completed form

- Current passport

- Consular fee

Fees (£ = 75 Baht) WHAT?

- 32 page passport = Bt. 4,238.00

- 48 page passport = Bt. 5,078.00

- Child's passport = Bt. 2,738.00

FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE

Your previous passport will be cancelled and returned to you. It is your responsibility to ensure that any valid visas are transferred into the new passport by Thai Immigration/the relevant Embassy.

Payment (by post)

- Cheque: payable to British Embassy

- Postal orders: Nana Post Office, Bangkok 10110

- To return passport by EMS please add 30 Baht.

A passport or birth certificate takes 5 working days from receipt of a completed application."

extracted from British Embassy website Bangkok - it's a good idea to register with them online incase of any trouble.

Please look up the embassy website if visiting there they have very restricted hours. It is best to download the application form and arrived with it completed and all the photos and stuff.

If you are in Phuket then I think it would be convenient to apply by mail. You would, of course, keep photocopies of the passport, visa and TM form. When you get the new passport they return the old one which is cancelled. You need to visit Immigration to get the visas transferred to your new passport. The woman at the office in Bangkok is one of the most unpleasant I have encountered in my life. The other people there are most helpful.

You need to visit Immigration to get the visas transferred to your new passport. The woman at the office in Bangkok is one of the most unpleasant I have encountered in my life. The other people there are most helpful.

The've got a couple of contenders for bitch of the century at another embassy, local employees and no prizes for guessing which one. :o