Summary Of PM Yingluck's Radio Broadcast

webfact

Moronic mobs? seriously i don't know about you but if they break the dykes i get flooded so i wish they wouldn't , but i would not call them moronic but DESESPERATE as they are living in SEWER WATER up to their chest just because the water doesn't flow and becomes stagnant ... i do not like what they do but I totally understand why they do it .... if I was chest deep in stagnant fetid and smelly water for some time because the authorities ar blocking the water from flowing freely i would probably do the same ... i would abandon all sense of comon good just to try to prevent my daughter from being bitten repetively by dengue mosquitoes, getting leptospirosis, and other waterborne diseases which if the water was flowing would not be so present ...

My god, lovely irrelevant tale of torture to wrench at the heart strings...

But playing along, one suspects they could have take various other actions to protect said daughter. Instead they chose to form a mob and imperil others. Not only that but they willfully damaged property and all this despite the fact it wouldn't have helped then anyway. The act of imbeciles I.e morons...

The need some folk have to turn every idiot into a reasonable person gone bad due to external factors is an irritating trait of those who would absolve all of any personal responsibility for their actions.

They were a moronic mob but sure, they were doing it for heroic reasons (* where is the rolleyes icon? *)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let me tell yall somthing boys.

That Yingluck is the purtiest thang since Bessy Frank danced in that hula dress !

Bessy Frank was a might smarter maybe.

But I'd rather dance with Yingluck.

Oooooo Weee....the gospel truth if ever i done heard it!!!

Moronic mobs? seriously i don't know about you but if they break the dykes i get flooded so i wish they wouldn't , but i would not call them moronic but DESESPERATE as they are living in SEWER WATER up to their chest just because the water doesn't flow and becomes stagnant ... i do not like what they do but I totally understand why they do it .... if I was chest deep in stagnant fetid and smelly water for some time because the authorities ar blocking the water from flowing freely i would probably do the same ... i would abandon all sense of comon good just to try to prevent my daughter from being bitten repetively by dengue mosquitoes, getting leptospirosis, and other waterborne diseases which if the water was flowing would not be so present ...

My god, lovely irrelevant tale of torture to wrench at the heart strings...

But playing along, one suspects they could have take various other actions to protect said daughter. Instead they chose to form a mob and imperil others. Not only that but they willfully damaged property and all this despite the fact it wouldn't have helped then anyway. The act of imbeciles I.e morons...

The need some folk have to turn every idiot into a reasonable person gone bad due to external factors is an irritating trait of those who would absolve all of any personal responsibility for their actions.

They were a moronic mob but sure, they were doing it for heroic reasons (* where is the rolleyes icon? *)

wow impressive how some people are cold as stone and totally lack empathy .... are you from texas? anyway I wish you would get flooded by toxic water and unable to get rid of the water because of a dyke .... very curous of what reaction you would have just after 4 days .... I bet my left nut that you would go break the dyke and couldn't care less about the others especially since you wouldnt "imperil" them just send a mere 30 cm of water all over bangkok ..... we bangkokians have been warned for over a month that water was coming we should be ready .... I am and i would not blame the poor souls who break the dykes but the government and irrigation officials who didnt listen to His Majesty the King 15 years ago when he gave them all the keys to avoid bangkok to be flooded and they did nothing ... he told them to make more canals direct to the sea , not to build housing estates in some area that should be used as retention bassins , not to build an airport in swampy that was supposed to be another bassin, to enlarge canals depth and width ..... and they did exactly the contrary .... don't blame the victims for a floded bangkok that is inevitable even with the dykes .... the dykes just make the victims more miserable .

Now come on everyone, play the white man here. Yingluck has had one of the toughest introductions to a leadership we've seen. It isn't her fault there was no one in authority in Thailand with the foresight to see what might happen if masses of water are allowed to build up when the forecast was for a heavy rainy season. Where were the fortune tellers when you actually need them? She is being a real trooper and doing her best with precious little help from her subordinates in government..

Now come on everyone, play the white man here. Yingluck has had one of the toughest introductions to a leadership we've seen. It isn't her fault there was no one in authority in Thailand with the foresight to see what might happen if masses of water are allowed to build up when the forecast was for a heavy rainy season. Where were the fortune tellers when you actually need them? She is being a real trooper and doing her best with precious little help from her subordinates in government..

The baht stops with her. She asked for this. If you can't stand the chilies, ask for mai phet.

Yes, it is SHE who is now responsible for protecting inner Bangkok and flooding out the so called prai. Who continue to be expendable, big surprise. Sorry, but she ran on a different brand than that, didn't she?

Edited by Jingthing

Why should anyone go easy on her? If she isn't up to the job, she shouldn't have applied for the position. Remember that the buck stops with HER, not anyone else. Any fool can sail on calm waters.

There have been people saying for many years that what has happened would happen if they didn't change what they were doing with regard to the environment. Unfortunately no one listened, including Thaksin who was in charge for many years. No one to blame but themselves.

If her subordinates aren't helping she has the power to change them, doesn't she!

Edited by thaibeachlovers

I couldn't agree with you more...however, why why dilute you point with the "white man" b.s.?

mamywhitemanpoko

The baht stops with her. She asked for this. If you can't stand the chilies, ask for mai phet.

Yes, it is SHE who is now responsible for protecting inner Bangkok and flooding out the so called prai. Who continue to be expendable, big surprise. Sorry, but she ran on a different brand than that, didn't she?

Where is it said that she can't stand the chilies ??

From what i can see she is working non stop, as is everyone else in officialdom to try and mitigate this continuing disaster for the country.

I agree with BB and am sure you are going to love it when she wins the next election.

How the folks on this forum love to belittle Thais and Thailand.........

Must the big car, small xxx syndrome.

If Yingluck has any independent spirit in her I hope one lesson she learns is to quit relying on her big brother and his cronies for advice. It has gotten "flooded" her in big problems. She has lived in the West. She should know about problem solving and getting the experts to figure out things.

are you still assuming she is nothing more than a clone and never will be anything else smell the coffee whistling.gif

I don't know what is wrong with you guys??

900 Billions and most probably half will end in Shinawatras pockets in a few month.

That is an excellent record. CP is farming chicken and get rich with it. The Shinawatras are farming idiots and get rich with them.

Similar business.

A Thai told me that a common saying about Yingluck now is: มาด้วยเลือด ไปด้วยน้ำ (She came with blood, and she will go with water), references to the riots last year and the flood this year.

Judge for yourself whether the sentiments are fair or accurate.

I couldn't agree with you more...however, why why dilute you point with the "white man" b.s.?

mamywhitemanpoko

How does using a turn of phrase you probably don't understand dilute the point?

A Thai told me that a common saying about Yingluck now is: มาด้วยเลือด ไปด้วยน้ำ (She came with blood, and she will go with water), references to the riots last year and the flood this year.

Judge for yourself whether the sentiments are fair or accurate.

Fair. Accurate? Who knows.

So folksy. Makes me want to fire up a corn cob pipe.

she is doing her best but the best is simply not enough!!!!!!

If you're sitting on a 747 that's plunging towards the ground, with the crew all incapicitated, who would you want taking the controls and "doing their best"? The sister of the airline owner, who has never even travelled on a plane before, and is in constant contact with sychophants on the ground too busy telling her what a good job she's doing to give her any useful instructions, or an experienced pilot from another airline? The controls should have been handed to someone who had a clue right from the start.

mamywhitemanpoko

How does using a turn of phrase you probably don't understand dilute the point?

Maybe your right....kindly explain. Do white men think differently?

hahaha....please forget what I said (except for your main point)...my Thai wife read this and said "very PC"

Edited by mamypoko

she is doing her best but the best is simply not enough!!!!!!

If you're sitting on a 747 that's plunging towards the ground, with the crew all incapicitated, who would you want taking the controls and "doing their best"? The sister of the airline owner, who has never even travelled on a plane before, and is in constant contact with sychophants on the ground too busy telling her what a good job she's doing to give her any useful instructions, or an experienced pilot from another airline? The controls should have been handed to someone who had a clue right from the start.

This is Thailand. Stop talking sense!

I realize she won the last election, in my view, solely based on her family name, smiling pretty face, and artful coached avoidance of actually debating issues. That said, do you reckon the majority of Thai people suffering these floods feel confidence in her REAL abilities as a leader now, now that the water has hit the fan? I don't think she was ever qualified for her job and don't see any evidence she has any hope of EVER being competent in it. But what do you think the Thai people think about that NOW?

They're probably wondering why Mark is sunning himself in the Maldive Islands right now.

I thought his week-end break was weeks ago, did he go back again ? <_<

I realize she won the last election, in my view, solely based on her family name, smiling pretty face, and artful coached avoidance of actually debating issues. That said, do you reckon the majority of Thai people suffering these floods feel confidence in her REAL abilities as a leader now, now that the water has hit the fan? I don't think she was ever qualified for her job and don't see any evidence she has any hope of EVER being competent in it. But what do you think the Thai people think about that NOW?

They're probably wondering why Mark is sunning himself in the Maldive Islands right now.

Not yet, but he might soon.

After he came back on the 23rd of October and k. Thaksin's son twittered about a holiday when Thailand was in need and flight details provided thanks to k. Nattawut, Pheu Thai party list MP and UDD leader, k. Abhisit offered his help. He more-or-less said 'just tell me what and where'. He's been sitting next to the phone since, almost 24/7, but no call.

I'm sure there are many of them in the universities. If not they are somewhere on this planet. What the authorities should do was to find the best one. Anyway I do agree with you that it is unfair to blame her just because of the flood had occurred. The way some of the dams was managed for this year is very much similar with the way it was done during the previous government took the office. In 2006, Thailand was in fact had similar situation as it had this year. One of its main reservoirs had completely refilled before the monsoon was over. During that year Thailand was saved by a good luck. There was no big flood had struck. Not so many people realized the reservoir was playing with fire. Good luck rarely comes twice. A few dams were put under similar situation as they were in 2006. The rest, you know the story.

Even your PM is an expert in water management, given two months period she is taking office, there was little meaningful thing she could do. To take on the flood of this magnitude, it is not a 60-day job.

I reserve my opinion regarding the way she manages the event. I would say it is very difficult situation even for the best PM that you would have elected.

Why should anyone go easy on her? If she isn't up to the job, she shouldn't have applied for the position. Remember that the buck stops with HER, not anyone else. Any fool can sail on calm waters.

There have been people saying for many years that what has happened would happen if they didn't change what they were doing with regard to the environment. Unfortunately no one listened, including Thaksin who was in charge for many years. No one to blame but themselves.

If her subordinates aren't helping she has the power to change them, doesn't she!

No my friend, she does not have the power to change her subordinates

When it comes time to disburse the 100 billion Baht earmarked for rehabilitation I wonder how much will actually be used to help the people who have suffered, and how much will wind up in the pockets of "Family firms". Perhaps the scheme would benefit from an ongoing audit initiated on day one, instead of trying to find out where the money went after it's all been frittered away.

How much of it will be used to convince the population they saved Thailand from a imposable situation? :(

Edited by hellodolly

Not yet, but he might soon.

After he came back on the 23rd of October and k. Thaksin's son twittered about a holiday when Thailand was in need and flight details provided thanks to k. Nattawut, Pheu Thai party list MP and UDD leader, k. Abhisit offered his help. He more-or-less said 'just tell me what and where'. He's been sitting next to the phone since, almost 24/7, but no call.

Shame that our fragrant new PM, who is supposedly all-in-favour of reconciliation for the country, seems unable to make a few phone-calls and get more of the country's leaders helping her, in the face of a natural disaster like this. :( Such inspiring leadership ! <_<

But perhaps she's still relying on her brother Thaksin to start Thinking, then phone-in to tell her how PTP Acts, in a situation like this ?

Never mind, only a couple more months, then "all Thais will be rich", as he has previously promised. :rolleyes:

She's telling them that life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain. The Thai people are doing the best they can to learn to dance without the music or any leadership of the wealthy business and government privileged elite. Too bad that they had to learn to dance on short notice, no planning, and no support. The high ranking business and government elite are probably too busy setting up disease centers, medical facilities, help, support, care, relocation services, ..etc.. Ha Ha - fat chance. They all ditched to their London and Singapore flats, of course with their pocketbooks and bankbooks and left Yingluck, Sukhumband, and a few "experts" to duk it out at the sluice gates.

wow impressive how some people are cold as stone and totally lack empathy .... are you from texas? anyway I wish you would get flooded by toxic water and unable to get rid of the water because of a dyke .... very curous of what reaction you would have just after 4 days .... I bet my left nut that you would go break the dyke and couldn't care less about the others especially since you wouldnt "imperil" them just send a mere 30 cm of water all over bangkok ..... we bangkokians have been warned for over a month that water was coming we should be ready .... I am and i would not blame the poor souls who break the dykes but the government and irrigation officials who didnt listen to His Majesty the King 15 years ago when he gave them all the keys to avoid bangkok to be flooded and they did nothing ... he told them to make more canals direct to the sea , not to build housing estates in some area that should be used as retention bassins , not to build an airport in swampy that was supposed to be another bassin, to enlarge canals depth and width ..... and they did exactly the contrary .... don't blame the victims for a floded bangkok that is inevitable even with the dykes .... the dykes just make the victims more miserable .

I simply said they were morons, in amongst a whole lot of other things, you decided to take me to task on the use of that term because, apparently, while their actions were clearly moronic I needed to be nicer about it because they were suffering ... you then invoked a silly tale about their "daughter" - an entirely fictitious fabrication to add weight to a point looking for some relevance ...

You now move on to accusing me of lacking empathy (a reading of my post responses will clearly reveal that, in fact, i have expressed empathy), you accuse me of being from Texas, and you wish me to be flooded by toxic water... nice, i love how liberals always end up pouring scorn, judgement and harm on those who don't agree with their "compassionate, love everyone" &lt;deleted&gt; ....

What I will do if flooded by toxic water for days is evacuate, exactly as we have been told to do and as has anyone who is in such a position.

I'm entirely unsurprised someone like you would offer up his left nut so easily, about as useful as tonsils one suspects .....

Also, thanks for the lovely summary of unrelated flood management issues ... i enjoyed it ....

Edited by sandrew33

I simply said they were morons, in amongst a whole lot of other things, you decided to take me to task on the use of that term because, apparently, while their actions were clearly moronic I needed to be nicer about it because they were suffering ... you then invoked a silly tale about their "daughter" - an entirely fictitious fabrication to add weight to a point looking for some relevance ...

You now move on to accusing me of lacking empathy (a reading of my post responses will clearly reveal that, in fact, i have expressed empathy), you accuse me of being from Texas, and you wish me to be flooded by toxic water... nice, i love how liberals always end up pouring scorn, judgement and harm on those who don't agree with their "compassionate, love everyone" &lt;deleted&gt; ....

What I will do if flooded by toxic water for days is evacuate, exactly as we have been told to do and as has anyone who is in such a position.

Also, thanks for the lovely summary of unrelated flood management issues ... i enjoyed it ....

1:)" you then invoked a silly tale about their "daughter" - an entirely fictitious fabrication to add weight to a point looking for some relevance ... " first you should learn to read and interpret what you read ... it was not a silly tale about THEIR daughters but I was merely puting my self in their shoes imagining seeing my daughter cornered by disease

2:) "and you wish me to be flooded by toxic water" I merely atempted to make you visualize yourself in their shoes and asked what would be your reaction

3:)"What I will do if flooded by toxic water for days is evacuate, exactly as we have been told to do and as has anyone who is in such a position. " wake up to reality, in a perfect world everyone could evacuate , but we are not in a perfect world and in the northen bangkok provinces many people are still in their homes due to lack of transportation, ailing parents and any other reasons that are not yours to judge from the top of your 19th floor 45k baht a month condo.

4:)"unrelated water management issue" au contraire its totally related to the issue

5:) as for your weak personal attack about my nuts it further proves your low intellectual level and further adding " liberals like you" really convinces me that you must be a extreme right wing pro death penalty advocate , thus my reference to texas

6:) you calling these people morons is the tale of the kettle calling the pot black

best regards

"

1:)" you then invoked a silly tale about their "daughter" - an entirely fictitious fabrication to add weight to a point looking for some relevance ... " first you should learn to read and interpret what you read ... it was not a silly tale about THEIR daughters but I was merely puting my self in their shoes imagining seeing my daughter cornered by disease

2:) "and you wish me to be flooded by toxic water" I merely atempted to make you visualize yourself in their shoes and asked what would be your reaction

3:)"What I will do if flooded by toxic water for days is evacuate, exactly as we have been told to do and as has anyone who is in such a position. " wake up to reality, in a perfect world everyone could evacuate , but we are not in a perfect world and in the northen bangkok provinces many people are still in their homes due to lack of transportation, ailing parents and any other reasons that are not yours to judge from the top of your 19th floor 45k baht a month condo.

4:)"unrelated water management issue" au contraire its totally related to the issue

5:) as for your weak personal attack about my nuts it further proves your low intellectual level and further adding " liberals like you" really convinces me that you must be a extreme right wing pro death penalty advocate , thus my reference to texas

6:) you calling these people morons is the tale of the kettle calling the pot black

1. Duh ... gee thanks ... it was a fabrication and an exaggeration to make a point that didn't need making. I already have expressed empathy, I understand how the circumstances could make them angry. Anger also explains most murder i.e. being angry, even with solid basis, does not justify all acts arising from said anger. They took moronic action in response to circumstances that made them angry. As with most mobs, the group dynamic simply amplifies the negative behaviour....

2. Another point that didn't need making... thanks ...

I empathise. I still believe their actions were that of imbeciles ... i.e. moronic ...

3. More "class war" &lt;deleted&gt;...

I feel for those people and am helping them where I can. We currently have 2 families of our employees living in our condo with us. But hey, back to you stereotyping and abusing ....

The mob actions were still moronic.

4. The issue is whether the behaviour of the mobs hacking away at gates and dykes is moronic mob behaviour ...

Bad government over the last couple of decades doesn't change that behaviour....

5. It was weak. Your efforts to date didn't warrant any actual effort.

Again you revert to abuse, stereotyping and silliness ... you really are quite frustrated aren't you ...

6. Wow, cutting .... *rolleyes*

How much is English teaching paying these days?

Chok dee ... I suspect you need it ...

Over and out smile.gif

How much is English teaching paying these days?

Since i'm not of english mother tongue i could not be an english teacher, but its funny how you are trying to put down english teachers. what did they do to you? Is it a disgrace to be an english teacher for you?

for the rest you still have to learn to read and compute the data correctly a obviously you still fail to understand what i wrote so I won't bother wasting my precious time trying to open your eyes instead of evacuating.

please rewrite your essay to try to get a better grade: C-