Breakfast Recipes/ideas

nokia

hi CM folks,

As you know, there isnt many places available for decent breakfasts, except the guesthouses in the city moat surrounded by the narrow sois/lanes. And the shops selling porridge & rice soup are usually packed with the working crowd.

So do you mind sharing your favourite breakfast recipe? Like buying croissants/bread from Carrefour, orange juice from the Lotus carpark, fried dough from local markets, frying sausages/omelettes from Lotus etc. or simply skipping breakfast for a hefty brunch/lunch buffet when most of the eateries are opened!

Yawn... what's for breakfast today? Same as yesterday again? :o

> As you know, there isnt many places available for decent breakfasts

Huh.. decent breakfasts are everywhere.. I can pick up food to last me a whole day before even exiting my own soi.. And "hotels & guesthouses excepted": there's enough of those to have breakfast at a different one every day of the year. :o

I do agree with you on the Tesco parking lot orange juice. :-) Expensive, but nice.

hi CM folks,

As you know, there isnt many places available for decent breakfasts, except the guesthouses in the city moat surrounded by the narrow sois/lanes. And the shops selling porridge & rice soup are usually packed with the working crowd.

So do you mind sharing your favourite breakfast recipe? Like buying croissants/bread from Carrefour, orange juice from the Lotus carpark, fried dough from local markets, frying sausages/omelettes from Lotus etc. or simply skipping breakfast for a hefty brunch/lunch buffet when most of the eateries are opened!

Yawn... what's for breakfast today? Same as yesterday again?  :D

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=50366 :o

> As you know, there isnt many places available for decent breakfasts

Huh.. decent breakfasts are everywhere.. I can pick up food to last me a whole day before even exiting my own soi..  And "hotels & guesthouses excepted": there's enough of those to have breakfast at a different one every day of the year. :D

I do agree with you on the Tesco parking lot orange juice. :-) Expensive, but nice.

I suspect water & sugar is added into Tesco parking lot's orange juice to make a profit. I dont much get much juice even after squeezing 1kg or 20baht of oranges.

:o

I suspect water & sugar is added into Tesco parking lot's orange juice to make a profit. I dont much get much juice even after squeezing 1kg or 20baht of oranges.

:o

Definitely not. I know the owners. They own large citrus tree forests, from which they supply their stalls. Besides, you can watch them squeeze the fresh oranges and bottle on site.

As to cost. In the restaurant, we found them not much different than buying oranges in Muang Mai market and squeezing them ourselves. (Always did it ourselves though.)