Transit Visa

I have a Transit Visa for Thailand issued in Osaka, valid for 30 days upon arrival. (I don't get visa on arrival for my passport)

1. Does my onward destination have to be somewhere other than my initial port of embarkation (Osaka)?

2. Do I have to show the onward ticket upon arrival in Thailand?

3. If the answers for both 1 and 2 are affirmative, and provided I satisfied the conditions at arrival,

would they again tally it when at departure? ie. could I change my plans and go back to Osaka after all?

Replies from anyone who has used the same visa before would be appreciated.

1. Proof of onward travel is required for entry into Thailand, not a return ticket to the point of origin. (Of course you must be allowed to enter the country you will be going to).

2. With a valid visa it is not required.

You could change your plans, as long as you are allowed to travel to the other country. (Otherwise the airline might not let you board, as they can be fined and must bare the cost if you are denied entry).

Giving your nationality is helpful in providing more accurate information.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply!

>1. Proof of onward travel is required for entry into Thailand, not a return ticket to the point of origin.

I was worried I might be required to travel to any place other than the port of origin, since i had a Transit Visa.

(It's also cheaper than a tourist visa)

Do you mean "not necessarily a return ticket"? Would a return ticket do?

>2. With a valid visa it is not required.

So what you mean is it might be required at check-in?

I'm travelling on a Sri Lnakan passport.

Edited by groovyc

I think technically you are not in transit. But immigration rarely checks tickets and it could be that your destination is in a neighbouring country, where you will travel to by land transport.

The airline might want to see your ticket, but I see no problems with that. I meant to say that if you have a visa, you don't need proof of onward travel, which you have in any case.

I think technically you are not in transit. But immigration rarely checks tickets and it could be that your destination is in a neighbouring country, where you will travel to by land transport.

The airline might want to see your ticket, but I see no problems with that. I meant to say that if you have a visa, you don't need proof of onward travel, which you have in any case.

Ok, I get the point. I got a "dummy" ticket handy just in case. Thanks a lot for your help!