Another Retirement Visa 90 Day Question

uptoyoumyfriend

From the Royal Thai Police Immigration Devision web site:

Note

• The notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days is in no way equivalent to a visa extension.
  • If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht.
  • If a foreigner leaves the country and re-enters, the day count starts at 1 in every case.
  • For details contact 0-2141-7881

Edited by hml367

that means i have to report 89 days after entering the country then i guess.

Correct.

Its not as bad as it looks most of the people there are for other reasons. Last time I got there at 7:45 and was out of there at 11:00 that is the longest I have ever had to wait. That was the time I renewed my retirement visa. Other times out by 9:30 But what the heck I am retired so I take a book with me or find some interesting people to chat with. Once they told me to come back in the afternoon that was for a renewal I came in and was out in one and a qurter hours with my retirement and multiple entry.

Its not as bad as it looks most of the people there are for other reasons. Last time I got there at 7:45 and was out of there at 11:00 that is the longest I have ever had to wait. That was the time I renewed my retirement visa. Other times out by 9:30 But what the heck I am retired so I take a book with me or find some interesting people to chat with. Once they told me to come back in the afternoon that was for a renewal I came in and was out in one and a qurter hours with my retirement and multiple entry.

exactly what i think -i am an early riser and had good luck getting the visa in reasonable time.

thanks to all -tv always comes through rolleyes.gif

I don't go to immigration every 90 days, I prefer a weekend in Mae Sai every 90 days und cross the border,do some shopping and get a new stamp. I hate this mad rush and endless waiting at the imm office.

cheers,

Do you need a multiple re-entry visa to do this?

that means i have to report 89 days after entering the country then i guess.

Correct.

I print and sign the already filled in form from my PC. I then drive my wife to the imm office. She goes into immigration while I wait in the car and have a can of coke or coffee. Average time in 5-20 minutes. Hardly an ordeal :D

I don't go to immigration every 90 days, I prefer a weekend in Mae Sai every 90 days und cross the border,do some shopping and get a new stamp. I hate this mad rush and endless waiting at the imm office.

cheers,

He would need a multiply re-entry permit for his extension of stay. No visa envolved as it expired when he got the extension of stay.

cheers,

He would need a multiply re-entry permit for his extension of stay. No visa envolved as it expired when he got the extension of stay.

I meant permit - 3,800 Baht.

Therefore, the poster for his trips to Mai Sai needs to add appx 1,000 baht a trip on to normal expenses, unless he goes in and out of Thailand regularly anyway, but if he goes in and out of Thailand regularly there's no need to report every 90 days.

Lots of people here don't want multiple re-entry permits, some don't want any.

Edited by uptheos