White House says 'no evidence' of extraterrestrials

News_Editor

White House says 'no evidence' of extraterrestrials

2011-11-08 20:39:36 GMT+7 (ICT)

WASHINGTON, D.C. (BNO NEWS) -- The U.S. government has said it has no evidence that any life exists outside our planet or that an extraterrestrial presence has ever contacted any human being.

Phil Larson of the White House Office of Science & Technology Policy released a statement on Monday in response to two petitions which called on the White House to 'immediately disclose the government's knowledge of and communications with extraterrestrial beings.'

"The U.S. government has no evidence that any life exists outside our planet, or that an extraterrestrial presence has contacted or engaged any member of the human race," Larson said. "In addition, there is no credible information to suggest that any evidence is being hidden from the public's eye."

However, Larson pointed out that a number of projects, including the Search for ExtraTerrestrial Intelligence (SETI), are working toward the goal of understanding if life can or does exist off Earth.

"Many scientists and mathematicians have looked with a statistical mindset at the question of whether life likely exists beyond Earth and have come to the conclusion that the odds are pretty high that somewhere among the trillions and trillions of stars in the universe there is a planet other than ours that is home to life," Larson explained.

"Many have also noted, however, that the odds of us making contact with any of them - especially any intelligent ones - are extremely small, given the distances involved," he added. "But that's all statistics and speculation. The fact is we have no credible evidence of extraterrestrial presence here on Earth."

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-11-08

The fact is we have no credible evidence of extraterrestrial presence here on Earth.

I find it difficult to believe that no one in the White House has ever been to Pattaya. Some of the critters there had to have come from somewhere...ph34r.gif

The fact is we have no credible evidence of extraterrestrial presence here on Earth.

I find it difficult to believe that no one in the White House has ever been to Pattaya. Some of the critters there had to have come from somewhere...ph34r.gif

Yes, but I think they may be referring to intelligent life. ;)

I don't know how the White House can say that, haven't they been following the Republican primary race. I mean Santorum and Bachman, c'mon they can't be from this planet.

Yet, presumably, you must believe Pelosi, Reid, Biden, Frank and Howard Dean ARE from this planet?

There are crazies on both sides of the aisle.

This thread promises to be a tinfoil hat wearer's dream. Aside from any concrete evidence the mathematics of the universe makes the odds of intelligent extraterrestrial life extremely likely even based on the most conservative assumptions.

For the record I wear an aluminum hat. That Stephen Hawking guys disagrees with the US Government but I suspect he is won't be the last.

Slightly off topic but worth a laugh...imagine a headline like this here..

"Thai Government Finds No Evidence of Ghosts"

The Americans are really becoming paranoid about everything, resulting in the government having to waste time on such stupid matters.

Just two days ago the upper house spent a long time debating and voting to re-affirm that the motto of the country is "In God We Trust". Nobody was saying any different, it was never disputed but it took precedence over much more important matters.

What's next? White house to confirm that Santa is real, but the boogy man isn't? Or is it the other way around...

Edit: If anyone has seen the movie "Idiocracy", it is so far proving to be quite accurate :lol:, if you haven't seen it, find it - it's funny.

Edited by ParadiseLost

I doubt that Americans are becoming paranoid. Someone asked, and they released an answer. Other than this forum and a few other places, I doubt that this is of any concern to anyone.

Really? So you consider it quite normal for the (supposedly) most powerful govt in the world to issue a press statement denying the existence of ET :blink:. Pray tell what kind of person, other than paranoid delusional, would actually require this confirmation? Those who believe in extra terrestrials will scoff at the denial anyway, so why does the White House pander to such idiotic requests?

Are you really saying that anyone who asks a question will get an answer from the president? No matter how ridiculous the question?

And it is of concern if it is in a public forum, where everyone is free to say what they want, without asking your permission.:lol:

Edited by ParadiseLost

In this case, I believe they were petitioned by two groups. This would justify a press release. And yes, if you write to the President, you will get a response. It comes from the communications office.

As for being paranoid, just think of what they would think if they didn't get an answer.