Daily Flood Locations - Nov 10th

webfact

Can anybody confirm on this flood map

http://maps.google.fr/maps/ms?msid=203278216882407399461.0004af623e23c9dccde11&msa=0&ll=13.880079,100.654678&spn=0.405955,0.727158

just updated, water at mall Bangkapi and Ramkhamhaeng 54,56, 58, 58-1, 58-3, 58-5, 60, 60-1, and the lat Phrao

area around intersection thanon srinakarintara lat phrao

That update is contradicted by the traffic cam at the Nawamin/SeriThai/LadPrao intersection Traffy - Bang kapi

The map tends to exaggerate a bit. On several occations lately have I been driving arround areas without seeing anything but a lille wetness around an occational drain, just to come home and find out that I apparently had driven around in a totally flooded area according to that map.

thanx for the info and the traffy link can help a bit if realy water or not, think the map is still good cause mostly start with litle water out of drains and give a good oversight off the flood progress if you have better link to maps please post them.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Floodwater in Bangbon3 rising very slowly. Closing the controversial gate seems to have put things at a static level.

I have a very relevant question: does anyone know how to request flood supplies? There are six elderly families living on the street under a cover that are old, poor, and have only bananas to eat. I am sure many of you know this is no exaggeration. Tomorrow I am bringing them rice and eggs, but fresh water is a real problem--no water= no rice. In short, is theer a number that can be called? Those most suffering do not have internet (much less televisions, cell phones or iPods). If this is off topic, please delete and forgive my inquiry, but at least let me know. Seeing the impoverished every day is literally heart wrenching, but during a disaster it is simply soul rendering.

F

Taxi from the airport to Lumpini at 2pm. The usual highway was clogged after the first toll (yes, there are no tolls now!), so he took another (longer) highway and did a big circle to get back to Rama 4 eventually.

No water to be seen on any of the highways we drove along.

My house, near Thai Rath, has about 60cm, so that's another story.

Eddy

Reading through here it seems there is some improvement in the flooding in parts of Bangkok.

I am due to fly out in just over 2 weeks for my annual 6 month stay, ( I live in the Rama 4 Road area) I still have not made my mind up.

(Apologies for being a little off-topic) I'm flying out in just over 2 weeks' too for my annual 4 month stay. Perhaps I'll see you on the plane!

My concern is getting from Chonburi to Kanchanaburi. Phetkasem (route 4) appears flooded so at present the best route is a 23km diversion south via Rama ll. But as that route may also soon be flooded I may have to go on a similar 23km diversion via routes 9, 340 & 346 if they get drained as promised.

What is the state of Phetkasem? Any news?

Galoubet

Can anybody confirm on this flood map

http://maps.google.fr/maps/ms?msid=203278216882407399461.0004af623e23c9dccde11&msa=0&ll=13.880079,100.654678&spn=0.405955,0.727158

just updated, water at mall Bangkapi and Ramkhamhaeng 54,56, 58, 58-1, 58-3, 58-5, 60, 60-1, and the lat Phrao

area around intersection thanon srinakarintara lat phrao

That update is contradicted by the traffic cam at the Nawamin/SeriThai/LadPrao intersection Traffy - Bang kapi

The map tends to exaggerate a bit. On several occations lately have I been driving arround areas without seeing anything but a lille wetness around an occational drain, just to come home and find out that I apparently had driven around in a totally flooded area according to that map.

thanx for the info and the traffy link can help a bit if realy water or not, think the map is still good cause mostly start with litle water out of drains and give a good oversight off the flood progress if you have better link to maps please post them.

Over on another forum someone posted the exact same link.

I will say the same now as I said in my earlier reply, please TAKE NO NOTICE OF THIS LINK.

I dont know where this link comes from, I dont know where the data comes from, but its blooody crap, and in these times utter shit like this should not be posted.

I can only talk for my area which on this map is blue, I just looked outside and checked, dry as a bone with no water in sight.

To anyone relying on this map, do not panic, please check with people on the ground for uptodate information, this map isnt the place or link to rely on.

Floodwater in Bangbon3 rising very slowly. Closing the controversial gate seems to have put things at a static level.

I have a very relevant question: does anyone know how to request flood supplies? There are six elderly families living on the street under a cover that are old, poor, and have only bananas to eat. I am sure many of you know this is no exaggeration. Tomorrow I am bringing them rice and eggs, but fresh water is a real problem--no water= no rice. In short, is theer a number that can be called? Those most suffering do not have internet (much less televisions, cell phones or iPods). If this is off topic, please delete and forgive my inquiry, but at least let me know. Seeing the impoverished every day is literally heart wrenching, but during a disaster it is simply soul rendering.

F

No way this post can be of topic.

Thank you for caring.

If only this <deleted>##ed up Government could care as well.

If my post is of topic, please delete.

does anyone know the status on the Kanchanapisek East ring road from Suvharnabhumi to Bang pa in?

Thanks!

hi its closed at lam luk ka , if you check the morning post on this thread you will see the photo,

things are changing hour by hour , so tomorrow maybe a different story

Hi Thanks, for your quick reply.

I jumped to the gun I found the picture just after posting.

Great info here. I'm trying to get back to my house in Nakhon Sawan from Chonburi. Last time on Oct 6th it took me 10 hours. AArrgghh.

Cheers!

does anyone know the status on the Kanchanapisek East ring road from Suvharnabhumi to Bang pa in?

Thanks!

hi its closed at lam luk ka , if you check the morning post on this thread you will see the photo,

Hi Thanks, for your quick reply.

I jumped to the gun I found the picture just after posting.

Great info here. I'm trying to get back to my house in Nakhon Sawan from Chonburi. Last time on Oct 6th it took me 10 hours. AArrgghh.

Cheers!

Thanks!

good luck , maybe someone else can help with a new route for you, but for the love of god , do not come off at lam luk ka and head west to the number 1 as it is in passable at sai mai

Firstly...I must say This is a FANTASTIC Forum especially for the info on the flood situation.

In addition, its a must SEE forum as here in the UK there just isn't any info...

Reading through here it seems there is some improvement in the flooding in parts of Bangkok.

I am due to fly out in just over 2 weeks for my annual 6 month stay, ( I live in the Rama 4 Road area) I still have not made my mind up.

Could folks be kind enough to post what there thoughts are on the flood situation for the next few weeks?

Thanks in advance.

Peace.

Captain Peacock...

It is a complete gamblers guess as to what will happen in the next few weeks. There truly is no way to know. The fact is Rama 4 is in between the flood waters and the Gulf. Whether the flood will go through Rama 4 or go around noooobody knows. We have boat propeller engineers who are going to line up boats in a row and whisk the water to sea, we have big bags being placed for kilometers on end, natives busting open flood control, old broken down water pumps giving up at key locations, and on and on. If you have the ability to hold off on your annual pilgrimage for a few weeks until a true grasp of the situation is in hand you would be doing yourself (and family if such is going with) a great service and possibly avoiding a very unpleasant experience.

this has got to move through

post-108537-0-06574800-1320938978_thumb.

F

The general number for any flood-related problem is 1111. I have never called, but I hear that after the long wait on hold, the staff are really friendly and helpful.

Another relevant number may be 1669 (Ministry of Public Health).

help needed at the national stadium at the makeshift hospital. Volunteers from the sport authorities office are exhausted, 16 hours a day of work. Many of them have their homes flooded as well, plus a 16 hours and more working day.

Forgot to mention that there are 20 - 25 cases on a daily base (some go, more come on a daily base), most of the patients don't have relatives, all or some are sent back and rejected from hospitals after admission.

Those who want /can help go there and talk to the foreign doc.

Locals are hard to get for the real thing.

Edited by elcent

Hi all;

Awesome forum and links - incredible resource.

Looking for help finding an info source. There is a google map that shows flood levels in different areas using colored pins. Often, the information includes photos. It's been linked to in here several times, and I forgot to bookmark. It had some very good photos around my in-laws' neighborhood. They are in Bangkok Noi, Bang Chan Lo subdistrict. So far they are dry, but the Post is saying two subdistricts across Charan Sanitwong from them are under evacuation. These 2 subdistricts lie along the same nasty little canal - Wat Thong - as my in-laws' neighborhood (and the land we intend to build our home on is about 50 meters from this stinking khlong). Want to see what the situation looks like, although of course the fam will be giving us verbal updates.

Last info from in-laws was that Khlong Wat Thong is very close to overflowing in their neighborhood, which would cut them off from Thanon Phrannok. They live behind the Foodland on Charan Sanitwong, near Fai Chai intersection. Father-in-law was already flooded out of his house in Arun Amarin last week.

Thanks much in advance for anyone who can offer that link. I've done a forum search, but could not track it down.

One constructive bit of criticism I would offer Thai PBS is that they should give more time to Dr Seri. If you watch the Thai language broadcast that precedes the English language broadcast, you'll see that Dr Seri spends a lot more time talking about the whole picture. In the English language broadcast we only get a piece of what was said in the Thai version. We can get was is being said in the rest of the broadcast from other sources; give Dr Seri more time.

On the other hand everything always seems to take longer to explain in Thai versus any other language :D

Asean TV dedicated some time to the flooding as well in between their regular schedules

No idea what channel on True but 87, for now, on PSI

TRUE channel 99

Hi all;

Awesome forum and links - incredible resource.

Looking for help finding an info source. There is a google map that shows flood levels in different areas using colored pins. Often, the information includes photos. It's been linked to in here several times, and I forgot to bookmark. It had some very good photos around my in-laws' neighborhood. They are in Bangkok Noi, Bang Chan Lo subdistrict. So far they are dry, but the Post is saying two subdistricts across Charan Sanitwong from them are under evacuation. These 2 subdistricts lie along the same nasty little canal - Wat Thong - as my in-laws' neighborhood (and the land we intend to build our home on is about 50 meters from this stinking khlong). Want to see what the situation looks like, although of course the fam will be giving us verbal updates.

Last info from in-laws was that Khlong Wat Thong is very close to overflowing in their neighborhood, which would cut them off from Thanon Phrannok. They live behind the Foodland on Charan Sanitwong, near Fai Chai intersection. Father-in-law was already flooded out of his house in Arun Amarin last week.

Thanks much in advance for anyone who can offer that link. I've done a forum search, but could not track it down.

this might be the one ya meant:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213316271188739590317.0004b016cc08a39456d14&msa=0&ll=13.73605,100.591164&spn=0.178424,0.338173

but this one's better so long as ya put it in google chrome's browser and hit 'translate this'

http://www.gamling.org/#_=_

I live on Bang Khun Non rd and use that Foodland all the time...don't worry as Charon Sanitwong isn't flooding nor is Thanon Phran Nok as I just came home that way not 2 hours ago. Those back klongs are close to bustin' a gut and a lot have already thus flooding alotta da side soi's but nothing's outta hand...yet.

There IS standing water on Thanon Itsaraphap around soi 23ish but it's overflow gutter stuff and has been stable for the last 3 daze. Also water in gutter on Arun Ammarin around soi 13ish and again at soi 7ish but again nothing bad at all and has also been stable for at least the last 3 daze. I drive out to check it daily as it's the only avenues of escape for all of us on the "Forgotten Side" of the River.

If all else fails they can head a tad north on C.S. to the next road, Wat Sutthawat [where the fresh market is] bust a right and hit Itsaraphap or Arun Ammarin that'a'way.

I also noticed a goodly drop in flood level in the Pinklao and Arun Ammarin area...went to RamaVIII's west side [via the eastern approach] to set me lighted Loi Krathong into the Chao Phraya and was able to drive my scooter 300meters shy of the Arun Ammarin/Borommaratchachonnani intersection.

Boy does this city have a lotta cleanin' up ta do! Big-time mud everywhere.

@eddsinbkk

Thanks for the very informative update! Yep, they mentioned that they feel like they are on an island, and currently are only using BKK Bridge to the south to get over. Pinklao is not accessible, nor is Rama VIII, and for some reason they won't use Taksin (no, not that Taksin, different "t"). Itsaraphap is indeed the road they are using.

The gamling site is the one, thanks! Any idea on how current the info is on there, as some pix have been there for a few days.