New Traffic Cams - Rawai

mikebike

I am not a liar and I love a beer, I am not having a go here as this is my opinion, I do not drink and drive with my family in the car or on the motorbike why would I be that irresponsible, there is no need to drink and drive in this country with bars every few hundred meters or so, all I can say is that people who do this have no consideration for there lives,there family's lives or for any one Else's lives, and this comes from a person that has seen many people die in road accidents, hence why I do not drink and drive!!! would I ever come on a public forum and admit it if I did, absolutely not!!!

Im calling liar....never ever driven on the road drunk pffffft....I suppose youve never sped or failed to indicate. You should join the Thai Volunteer Police and show us all how its done. You know Falang laws in Thailand rule 101.

Edited by LivinginKata
insulting remark removed

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you should know better, if you love the thai culture so much pratice what u preach jai dee yen yen ..... writing the bravado crap u do is embarrassing man .......

I got my Thai licence fair and square...and I dont see anyone cutting it up or taking me to court anytime soon....after 6 years on the roads here never a drama....apart from a few fuddy duddys shaking their fists, of course i never hesitate to flip the bird backrolleyes.gif

What people fail to see in Phuket or Thailand for that matter is....The falangs will bring their road rage with them, In Falangland we are so conditioned to the laws there and so frightened that we actually enforce the laws of Falangland on other drivers. The road rage is a by product of fear....Ive listened to one cabbie that was so enraged by a motorist that didnt indicate 50 meters in front of him he had to chase the driver down and start giving instructions. I told the cabbie to stop and I got out. This was the defining moment of my theory. Another incident was when my GF was driving in Aus, she couldnt stand it because she was always looking at the speedo and not the road

The road rules here are a kind of freedom that I enjoy...and it reflects on the freedom that we experience here in our day to day lives. Honestly if you dont like the driving in this country then go...its the same as if you dont like the food, the women or the religion, boot off you wont be missed

I dont see any Thai's in this forum....whats more embarassing is Falangs talking Thai to other Falangs like they are proving they actually know something. Tell me your theories in English buddy

The best thing that could happen here is police on powerful motorbikes pulling over the idiots who find it funny to weave in and out of traffic at speed causing all to worry what might happen in the next few minutes!!!

I'll just throw a couple of thousand baht notes out the window....guarantee the jacks wont be chasing the car.

If people want to drive like muppets I will do my best to get around them...if Somchai decides to start selling hot dogs in the middle of the intersection I wont be slowing down for him. And if Yohan and Inga from Sweden have a case of the wobbles because its the first time on a scooter...I will speed up and blow the horn, and if any falang goose on a powerful motorbike attempt to pull me over, they will be run off the road. I will pay the bribe at a time convenient to me.

I havent had a sober accident in ages and i dont intend to anytime soon...take note "do-gooders" ..I will be at the front of the pack

I love keyboard heroes.

Disrespecting a Police orders, volunteer or paid police, is serious even in TH. Running one off the road, well I think you know what will happen, and you r on camera B)

Automated traffic cameras issuing tickets are budgeted for Changwat Phuket in 2014. They photo, send to central computer, issue ticket by post to registered owner, if fine not paid, annual tax and registration is denied. Just as its been in BKK for a few years. At the same time plate law fine was increased to 50.000 baht and/or 5 years in jail

Like it or not, I do not, its coming

The present cameras in Phuket are being recorded and watched by, YES VOLUNTEERS, some of them handicapped, well thats a proper word where i come from, perhaps disabled is more proper in english, mods feel free to alter :)

perhaps u will comprehend this, when one day you are driving like a tosser and heaven forbid your unbelievable driving skills let you down and you kill a local ... the cops dont like your ego or attitude and you enjoy the company of the locals in the monkey house until they see fit to release you ...perhaps then and only then will you learn ..... if your an aussie i am embarrassed you should know better ...

you should know better, if you love the thai culture so much pratice what u preach jai dee yen yen ..... writing the bravado crap u do is embarrassing man .......

I got my Thai licence fair and square...and I dont see anyone cutting it up or taking me to court anytime soon....after 6 years on the roads here never a drama....apart from a few fuddy duddys shaking their fists, of course i never hesitate to flip the bird backrolleyes.gif

What people fail to see in Phuket or Thailand for that matter is....The falangs will bring their road rage with them, In Falangland we are so conditioned to the laws there and so frightened that we actually enforce the laws of Falangland on other drivers. The road rage is a by product of fear....Ive listened to one cabbie that was so enraged by a motorist that didnt indicate 50 meters in front of him he had to chase the driver down and start giving instructions. I told the cabbie to stop and I got out. This was the defining moment of my theory. Another incident was when my GF was driving in Aus, she couldnt stand it because she was always looking at the speedo and not the road

The road rules here are a kind of freedom that I enjoy...and it reflects on the freedom that we experience here in our day to day lives. Honestly if you dont like the driving in this country then go...its the same as if you dont like the food, the women or the religion, boot off you wont be missed

I dont see any Thai's in this forum....whats more embarassing is Falangs talking Thai to other Falangs like they are proving they actually know something. Tell me your theories in English buddy

I love keyboard heroes.

Disrespecting a Police orders, volunteer or paid police, is serious even in TH. Running one off the road, well I think you know what will happen, and you r on camera B)

Automated traffic cameras issuing tickets are budgeted for Changwat Phuket in 2014. They photo, send to central computer, issue ticket by post to registered owner, if fine not paid, annual tax and registration is denied. Just as its been in BKK for a few years. At the same time plate law fine was increased to 50.000 baht and/or 5 years in jail

I like the real hero's....like the black guy in that TV show 'Chips', whos your favorite KBB??

Hey Ive never disobeyed a Thai police officer, and if they can catch me all fair and good. But I never really had much respect for Police officers in my own country....Im going to have none for a volunteer.

Im calling liar....never ever driven on the road drunk pffffft....I suppose youve never sped or failed to indicate. You should join the Thai Volunteer Police and show us all how its done. You know Falang laws in Thailand rule 101. Im sure you would be as popular as a pork chop in a synagogue

If you would like to go back a few posts you will see that I stated I had done this but I realized that it was time to be sensible!!! yes I have speeded, yes I fail to indicate, not exactly in the same league as not being able to operate a vehicle correctly!! but hey it's your life enjoy while you can... take care out there ;)

Do you really believe that there are no decent law abiding people in the world? at some point you have to take a hard look at your self and think what am I doing, why am I doing this, is there a need to do what I have just done, why not be considerate, take care of your family by not being drunk with them in the car or on the bike, I do not understand people who think it is funny to cause havoc on the roads by driving like a lunatic, do I drive like a sissy no I do not, I drive fast when there is a need for it, I drive slowly when there is a need for it, I am considerate of all other road user's because I am not in a great hurry to go any where let alone go very fast in order to get 100 meters further up the road, my opinion probably not shared by a lot of others...

Edited by kenny999

I love keyboard heroes.

With all due respect, volunteers have no powers here and there is no way I would stop for a western police volunteer. Never.

I'll take my chances of fleeing the checkpoints and pay whatever tea money captain somboon thinks will give him a good night of whiskey and karaoke.

perhaps u will comprehend this, when one day you are driving like a tosser and heaven forbid your unbelievable driving skills let you down and you kill a local ... the cops dont like your ego or attitude and you enjoy the company of the locals in the monkey house until they see fit to release you ...perhaps then and only then will you learn ..... if your an aussie i am embarrassed you should know better ...

Money talks......

With all due respect, volunteers have no powers here and there is no way I would stop for a western police volunteer. Never.

I'll take my chances of fleeing the checkpoints and pay whatever tea money captain somboon thinks will give him a good night of whiskey and karaoke.

exactly!

I know of a English guy that killed a family of 3 whilst drunk and on holiday. 4 hours and 1.2 million baht later, all was forgotten and he rented another car from the same rental company.

Money is god here, not the laws.

depends who you kill..... you may think you have a lot of money until it happens ...

Money talks......

crap ....bar talk mate ...

I know of a English guy that killed a family of 3 whilst drunk and on holiday. 4 hours and 1.2 million baht later, all was forgotten and he rented another car from the same rental company.

depends who you kill..... you may think you have a lot of money until it happens ...

Money talks......

I'll get back to you in another 6 years....on this forum...and nothing will have changed. The road rules wont have changed, and I wont have killed anyone

I love keyboard heroes.

so lets say we are 10 BBHWP Volunteers riding big bikes all wearing orange reflecting HWP vests and one Thai driving the marked car, but you can not see him cause windows are black. Our convoy is only 60 bikes today, followed by VIP cars and ambulance. We block off intersections and circles, for the safety of all motorists, or only you are blocked off to move cause you are considered a danger, and you would run over the one police ordering/directing you because he is white and not Thai passport?

The HWP Volunteers have all the power they are given each and single day by paid Police, and you have no idea what limit is on that power next wednesday

We are not talking Tourist Police here who are not allowed to stop a vehicle. We are talking Highway Police

Bar talk? please educate me on this phenomenon

Please come back with better retorts than penis size or bar talk but I think your lack of education is evident to even conjure a decent argument.

Is it too early and the bars ain't open yet?

so lets say we are 10 BBHWP Volunteers riding big bikes all wearing orange reflecting HWP vests and one Thai driving the marked car, but you can not see him cause windows are black. Our convoy is only 60 bikes today, followed by VIP cars and ambulance. We block off intersections and circles, for the safety of all motorists, or only you are blocked off to move cause you are considered a danger, and you would run over the one police ordering/directing you because he is white and not Thai passport?

The HWP Volunteers have all the power they are given each and single day by paid Police, and you have no idea what limit is on that power next wednesday

We are not talking Tourist Police here who are not allowed to stop a vehicle. We are talking Highway Police

Why exactly do you want to block off the traffic? Is it a power trip or is there a specific reason?

well, actually 600k to police and 200k for each victim could work if extremely poor people, like 3 garbage collectors on a samlor. but who comes up with 1,2 million in 4 hours at night time. I can only do 2 x 200k from atm

hit someone else, and 12 million is short

Why exactly do you want to block off the traffic? Is it a power trip or is there a specific reason?

Already explained .. "We block off intersections and circles, for the safety of all motorists, or only you are blocked off to move cause you are considered a danger"

Money talks......

I'll get back to you in another 6 years....on this forum...and nothing will have changed. The road rules wont have changed, and I wont have killed anyone

Wow you are certainly arrogant, you kill a falang family no money will help you and I am sure you will rot in a Thai prison!! this is my opinion you or any one should cause my family to be killed by driving like an idiot and I catch you, you would not make it away from the scene of the accident, I would not care what happened to me after!!!

Wow, if you don't like it, leave... I've NEVER heard that argument before. You're awesome!

How about if the conditions are dangerous, try to improve them. I'll leave accepting everything for those who apparently don't care. I complain because I care. Enjoy your freedom, please try not to die due to the total lack of law enforcement that you apparently prefer.

Wow, if you don't like it, leave... I've NEVER heard that argument before. You're awesome!

How about if the conditions are dangerous, try to improve them. I'll leave accepting everything for those who apparently don't care. I complain because I care. Enjoy your freedom, please try not to die due to the total lack of law enforcement that you apparently prefer.

Its on oldie but a goodiewhistling.gif.

Try changing the weather here also? You'll have as much luck with that as enforcing the road rules in Phuket

Edited by snamos

Im quite happy most of the time on Thai roads. The last thing i want is nanny state laws from the west on Thai roads. Along with TVPs or old fuddy duddys who think they can enforce the local laws....if you don't like the driving here then don't drive. From previous experience in this country, i don't think the laws will be enforced anytime soon thank god.

What a mind numbingly stupid post. I have a home off Sai Yuan and WALK along it's length daily. I see Idiots, both Western and Thai attempting to overtake on this very narrow soi (where's the fcking fire?) ALL the time. The sound of ambulance/police sirens a daily occurrence.

Edited by LivinginKata
flame removed

that girl who killed all the students in the minivan, didnt she get away with paying 15k baht to victims?

but she's thai.

I wonder if snamos is brave enough to post his car and his plate # here.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours hahahahaharolleyes.gif

Look I wont be posting either of my car rego numbers on this site.....or any of my bikes. The last thing I need is to be chased by a 'blue rinse set ' lynch mob mounted on Honda Dreams waving walking sticks, or team 'Chips' on their big bikes testing their 'powers'. Also the possibility of having my car scratched whilst I'm sitting having a quiet beer because someone doesn't like my opinions.

My real beef with volunteer policemen on Thai roads is they only seem to want to harass other Falangs, I dont think they would have the guts to pull over any Thais. It seems like a power trip to me...I could be wrong, maybe I dont see the good work they do.

As for the origional post...traffic is a hot topic in Phuket...so naturally some people will get heated. Thats life.

Bring on the cameras it will be just like Australia...everyone knows where they are and have the locations added on their GPS. Wont make a bit of difference. jap.gif