Bkk To Pattaya

jonnog

Stupid questions I know... But I need to drive my motorbike to Pattaya tomorrow. Can someone kindly help...

Do I get to Sukhumvit and then follow the road east Bang Na Trad?

Does Sukhumvit just joint Bang Na Trad naturally or do you have to turn off somewhere to get the road to Pattaya (looked at maps and can't work it out)

Is Bang Na Trad a highway; can motorcycles go on this road; or do they go underneath the highway?

Many thanks for someone's help!

J

Edited by jonnog

I guess it is a stupid question since no one seems to want to take the time to answer it. I would like to know myself. However, as is the case so many times in this forum, people only take the time to answer certain inquiries.

Add something in the post about underage prostitutes and I'm sure some sanctimonious do gooder will get involved and maybe you will get some kind of response.

I think it's more that the topic got trucked off to the travel forum that most people don't read.

Anyway, it's a left turn. You will notice the intersection because the elevated toll way is sky-high. You can't take that tollway with a motorbike, so you will down below.

Then you can just follow this road (Highway 3) until you get to Pattaya. The bus tupically takes a bypass road to avoid going straight through Chonburi and Sri Racha, but on a bike I wouldn't bother, and just cruise straight through.

Google maps may also help; if you plug in Bangkok/Sukhumvit to Pattaya then you get the route and distance.

the left turnoff is around suk soi 103 - a sweeping left with the elevated highway above. be careful as it is often wet down this area even in non-flooded times.

strictly speaking, you should stick to the frontage road but it is seriously bad in many parts thanks to the HGV's on their way to laemchabang. if you are travelling early morning, i suggest you hit the main road under the elevated highway and hope the BiB's are still sleeping off their hangovers 80)

the rest is straightforward + signposted. you can pick up the motorway to pattaya as you come into chonburi - not tolled and legal.

best of luck and ride safe.

As you get down near Chonburi, Highway 3 goes straight through, but there's a bypass road (#361) that loops around. I use it all the time. It's a bit tough as there are so many large trucks on it, but it's faster.

Then as you get close to Pattaya, (about 20 Km out) you'll have to bear right onto #7 a nice brand new link that drops you right into Pattaya.

Have a great ride.

seeker

Hey, I forgot to add, I don't know where you are in Bangkok, but if you're anywhere near Rama IX road, you can avoid the horrible traffic on Suk by taking Rama 9 to Srinakarin Road (the signs head you toward Chonburi). The turn off of Srinakarin to the Bang Na Trat road is just after the Nova hotel on your left.

It cuts out all of Suk and gets you on the Bang Na Trat further down.

just a suggestion.

seeker