Re-Entry Permit

Given the current flooding situation is it possible to get a re-entry permit on arrival for a one year non-o visa rather than paddle from Hua Mak to a Bangkok Immigration office that is not flooded.

Probably Not but whatever.

Edited by Pushit

"...is it possible to get a re-entry permit on arrival for a one year non-o visa..."

What exactly is it that you have?

Multiple O, good for a year, 90 days at a time?

O-A, not an O, but good for a year?

Extension for marriage or retirement? Not a visa, but good for a year.

I think the re-entry desk is open 0600-2400, but not sure if you'll be able to access it from the arrival side.

Airport desk only accepts departure customers and as pointed it is not clear that you need a re-entry permit (it is not what you would use with most visa entry) so we need to know exactly what you have and why to be sure of providing you the right information.

I have a non-O retirement extended

Thanks

-----------------------

Exactly my case.

Just for my information...I've never purchased one before...it was my understanding I should get an exit/rentry permit BEFORE I made flight reservations.

Or is that wrong?

I will probably be going to Singapore in Jnauary for a couple of days, and my first 90 day reporting is due 27 December...so I thought I would get a exit/rentry permit at the same time.

That would be in Chaeng Wattana for both.

Are they saying I need to have a reservation before I can get an exit/rentry?

Confused.

:o

I have a non-O retirement extended

Thanks

-----------------------

Exactly my case.

Just for my information...I've never purchased one before...it was my understanding I should get an exit/rentry permit BEFORE I made flight reservations.

Or is that wrong?

I will probably be going to Singapore in Jnauary for a couple of days, and my first 90 day reporting is due 27 December...so I thought I would get a exit/rentry permit at the same time.

That would be in Chaeng Wattana for both.

Are they saying I need to have a reservation before I can get an exit/rentry?

Confused.

:o

No, you can get a re-entry permit from your local immigration at any time, without a reservation.

As a fall-back for the forgetful/flooded/lazy people you can also get a re-entry at the airport, but they will only give it to you after you have checked in.

Edit// forgot to mention, I think it costs a few hundred more at the airport

Edited by QED

Yes a re-entry permit must be obtained prior to leaving Thailand to keep an extension of stay alive. Available from an immigration office at any time and during 06-2400 times of operation at Bangkok Airport available to departure pax.