Uk Visit Visa

hi,

as much as i dont want to be writing this post, sadly i am.

i was intending on applying for a visa for my GF after i had lived here in thailand with her for another 6 months (because i wanted to be here and also help with the visa). I arrived here on the 6th and today i had a call to tell me my mother had passed away.

is there anyway i can get a visa quicker due to circumstances?

i have skype calls, phone records, bank statements, pay slips (for 6 months), savings, i have picture to print of proof we together. ive asked my brother to write me a invite letter form my dad and fax it to me and also a copy of the deeds for the house. she works and im going to ask for a letter from her boss giving her 3 months off from work.

is there anyway? also do i have everything i need? im struggling to think over what i need as im not taking things to well.

hope someone can help

thanks

Sorry to hear of your loss.

I had the same thing earlier this year, however my stepfather was at deaths door and was not given long to live, I decided that we would apply for a visa, as he had less than 6 months.

I had my uncle do the invite letter, and he included his passport page and also proof that the house belonged to him.

As the other poster said, you can fast track it if your GF meets all the requirements including a reason to return. Remember if she works they do not have to give her time off for a funeral of someone she is not related to, but if they are a good employer then they might, make sure the letter is worded correctly.

my gf is gonna ask her boss tomorrow for a letter grantign her time off.

im hoping he will give it to her, if he has any decent bone in his body he will

only problem is getting copy of house deeds at the moment, i didnt bring them as my mum said she would fax them over if needed, she wasnt keen on letting me take them incase i lost them. invite letter was going to be emailed/faxed over aswell

I made the same mistake, my stepfather died so I booked flights about 5 days after he died, but there is soooo much paperwork that has to be done, in the end the body was released about 10 days after his death.

In fact it was about 2 weeks after his death!!!!!!!!!

Edited by beano2274

Sorry to hear of your loss

Putting on my practical hat here...

You might want a letter/email from the funeral directors confirming your mother passing away. I'm not trying to be insensitive here but it would back up the reason to fast-track your girlfriend's application especially as there will not be a death certificate issued just yet due to unknown cause of death.

Also tomorrow is Friday and you'll want to get the application in asap which obviously means being in Bangkok, sorry but you didn't say where you are. Any chance your girlfriend can talk to her boss tonight about leave of abscence and letter so you could be in BKK tomorrow? That's assuming you've got everything else sorted, online application completed etc VFS close at 4:30pm on Friday and open again at 08:30 Monday

Some useful links to help speed things up for you:

Online application

http://www.visa4uk.f...k/ApplyNow.aspx

Book an appointment

https://www.vfs.firm...appwelcome.aspx

Once again sorry for your loss and good luck.

Just had a quick look and last available slot @ VFS tomorrow is 13:50 and Monday is 14:20

Edited by phomthai

do i need the house deeds? just getting the invite letter would be so much easier for me at the moment

I have never seen a case where house deeds are required for a visit visa. You will need to show suitable accommodation is available for the stay. One poster was informed he/she should include land registry details for an application! A letter of invitation should indicate a willingness to accommodate and including a brief description of the house is in order.

Get the reason to return right (including permission for leave from work) and this will smooth the application process considerably. The Embassy are not a totally unsympathetic lot and just need the correct boxes ticked to their satisfaction. Despite the tales of woe on this forum most properly prepared visa applications are approved.

Edited by bobrussell

do i need the house deeds? just getting the invite letter would be so much easier for me at the moment

I have never seen a case where house deeds are required for a visit visa. You will need to show suitable accommodation is available for the stay. One poster was informed he/she should include land registry details for an application! A letter of invitation should indicate a willingness to accommodate and including a brief description of the house is in order.

Get the reason to return right (including permission for leave from work) and this will smooth the application process considerably. The Embassy are not a totally unsympathetic lot and just need the correct boxes ticked to their satisfaction. Despite the tales of woe on this forum most properly prepared visa applications are approved.

you are required to show that you will have adequate accomodation for the duration of your stay, for me it was my Uncles bank proving the house belonged to him, mind you it did not state how many rooms it had, but that information was in his letter of invitation.

May I firstly say how sorry I am to hear of your loss, I can only imagine how hard life must be for you at the moment.

On a brighter note, I know of one recent application under similar circumstances which was processed, and approved, in around 48 hours.

When submitting the application to VFS, make sure that they know that it is to be fast-tracked, and explain the circumstances to them.

I also don't think that you need the house deeds, a copy of a council tax bill, along with the invitation letter, should be more than enough.

Also, processing times have been quite fast recently, my wife's Family Visit Visa was done in two days, and that was without fast-tracking of any kind.

Good luck with it all, I'm sure that if you've included a strong reason to return, which should also include your outline of your plans to live together in Thailand as well as your desire to apply for more visas in the future, you will be successful.

Oh, and if the person writing the letter from your g/f's work place doesn't speak or write English, they should write the letter in Thai and you can get a translation done. Don't be tempted to write an English letter for them and get them to sign it. :)

thanks for all the info so far, i appreciate everything everyone has done and said

what will i need of hers for the visa? passport? id card?

@phomthai im in phuket so it looks like i will have to wait till monday, gives me time to get everything together i guess

@bifftastic her boss is english so hopefully he will write us a decent letter

hello again

there was a thread on here where one guy posted up his cover letter and then everyone gave there input/changed it to how it should be.

does anyone remember what the thread was called? ive searched but i cant seem to find it. im struggling to put the cover letter together at the minute :/

thank you for all the advice, links and condolences

i put in a visa application on the tuesday. on thrusday we collected her visa and flew to england, arriving yesterday.

i had to get a letter to confirm the death, i used a scanned letter from the funeral directors. they did ring me to ask me a few things but everything went ok.

one thing that did confuse me is i put in a copy off my passport bio page and thai visa visits. the VFS gave it back saying they didnt need it. the embassy rang me asking for a confirmation letter for the funeral and a photocopy of my passport! ther VFS' mistake could easy lead to others not getting visa's

thanks again for helping me this situation