11/11/11 – A Date With A Special Meaning?

george

11/11/11 – a date with a special meaning?

Significance of 11/11/11

Based on past calendar dates such as 10/10/10, or October 10, 2010, no significant or unusual phenomenon occurs simply because of a date that has the same numbers in a sequence.

The numerical sequence of November 11 holds a special significance in the binary numeral system, which is the base-2 number system that represents numeric values using two symbols, 0 and 1. The date of November 11 has a binary number of 111110 where it has a decimal equivalent of 62 in the year 2010, and a binary number of 111111 with a decimal equivalent of 63 in the year 2011.

The number eleven has a special characteristic in mathematics where it is the sixth prime number. It contains some interesting peculiarities where the number eleven times itself equals a palindrome:

(2 digits) 11 x 11 = 121

(6 digits) 111111 x 111111 = 12345654321

(9 digits) 111111111 x 111111111 = 12345678987654321

Do you think a dog places any meaning on this? NO, its a purely man made phenomenen in fact they could have started counting a miilon days earlier/later, but dumb suckers will always put some credence in numbers like this having "special meaning"

Should mean nothing to Thais already on a different system as well as the Chinese.

Do you think a dog places any meaning on this? NO, its a purely man made phenomenen in fact they could have started counting a miilon days earlier/later, but dumb suckers will always put some credence in numbers like this having "special meaning"

Should mean nothing to Thais already on a different system as well as the Chinese.

But it might mean something to dogs influenced by western religion in the future if their imaginations develop .

The numbers have a significance, mathematically as George posted above, but the fact that they're used in conjunction with today, has no significance whatsoever.

It's just a day like any other day. The numbers are just one way some of us have decided to count them.

Remembrance Day?

Ah some sense at last.

It means something to me with 2 Grandfathers who went through the living hell of war and one who lost a brother.

It means something to everyone who was friends and family in Afghanistan right now.

It should mean something to the younger generation, but it seems they are two busy selling crack and stabbing each other.

It's not so much about the date, but the number. In numerology the 11 is considered a master number (as are 22 and 33) and signifies spiritual enlightenment.

More here http://www.numerology.com/numerology-numbers/11-master-number

It's easy to ridicule things we don't know about or don't understand, but a true rational mind, which many claim to have, should at least be open to consider other explanations and new possibilities. If you don't explore them, then you base your opinion on insufficient and/or erroneous data and your opinion becomes a BELIEF, the exact thing you try so desperately to escape from.

I know this post will attract the crusaders of science and the defenders of the rational mind. Come on, let's burn the witch! 555

It's not so much about the date, but the number. In numerology the 11 is considered a master number (as are 22 and 33) and signifies spiritual enlightenment.

More here http://www.numerolog...1-master-number

It's easy to ridicule things we don't know about or don't understand, but a true rational mind, which many claim to have, should at least be open to consider other explanations and new possibilities. If you don't explore them, then you base your opinion on insufficient and/or erroneous data and your opinion becomes a BELIEF, the exact thing you try so desperately to escape from.

I know this post will attract the crusaders of science and the defenders of the rational mind. Come on, let's burn the witch! 555

Oh yes, a lightened load in the cranium. Numerology, palm readings, tarot cards. Yes, indeed, the purveyors of such nonsense have contributed so much to the advancement of humanity. Right.

But it might mean something to dogs influenced by western religion in the future if their imaginations develop .

I assure you dogs have far more imagination than many of the posters on TV, Western or otherwise.

More here http://www.numerolog...1-master-number

Oh yes, a lightened load in the cranium. Numerology, palm readings, tarot cards. Yes, indeed, the purveyors of such nonsense have contributed so much to the advancement of humanity. Right.

It's not ALL nonsense. You really ought to keep an open mind. Okay. Develop one.

:lol::thumbsup:

I would like to understand how a method of counting days, one that isn't universally used, has a connection to anything other than...well, a way of counting days!

I don't have a closed mind to spiritual ideas, but I really would like to know how the two things are supposed to be connected.

Who decided when to start counting? What counting system was used before the one that most people use now? Why would a particular counting system have more spiritual significance than another when, presumably, it was invented by people to, well....count!

And what would the date be now if we hadn't adopted the current counting system? Would that date have a spiritual significance too?

Up to now, I have believed that we use these counting systems so that we can agree on things to do with time, as in, 'we'll all do such and such at the same time tomorrow' or 'when was it that we did so and so?'

I am, however, ready to learn how this method of accounting for time connects to our spiritual consciousness which, presumably, pre-dates our scientific abilities.

What would be important to establish is who set the 'zero' for the start of the current calendar. I am led to believe that it was decided in the 6th century AD (without access to anything more accurate than looking up in the sky for a while) and was reformed in 1582, but not by everyone.

So, it wasn't accurate, some days tended to 'slip' year by year, it has been changed and tinkered with over the years, so it would be surprising if it were nothing more than what I (still) believe it to be, a system of measurement not connected to anything other than itself.

Is it possible that people just assume that the date is, somehow, not of human design?

Today is 11.11.11 more interesting too: Everyone on this planet can add the last two numbers of the birth year, like 1958 plus the age ill be 111. Try youself mine is 58&53=111!!!

Not correct, it was my Mia Noi's 112th birthday yesterday, she was born in 1899 so 112+99=211 ;)

Today is 11.11.11 more interesting too: Everyone on this planet can add the last two numbers of the birth year, like 1958 plus the age ill be 111. Try youself mine is 58&53=111!!!

Not correct, it was my Mia Noi's 112th birthday yesterday, she was born in 1899 so 112+99=211 ;)

Photo proof pls? keep it clean also, no naked shots ok?

Photo proof pls? keep it clean also, no naked shots ok?

Sorry, she's camera shy.