Am I In A Position To Negotiate With So Many Bkk People Looking For A House As Well?

Femme

Sparkles, I do think it makes sense that there are more BKK people looking for a house. But after reading the posts I think only a few are interested in long term & unfurnished rentals.

Near lanna hospital huh. I will take a look around there and see if I can find it, nice garden sounds good.

My wife is a real estate agent and her phone has been ringing non stop this last week with people calling from BKK. One women came yesterday and put a down payment down the same day. She has shown quite a few people around and a lot of them talk about getting away from the floods. Also people looking for a place to rent.She took two couples around this week that are talking to the bank about loans both from BKK. How many will buy I dont know,but the floods are making people think about moving up here.

I don't know about a mass influx of other bangkoknians, but as for me I need to get away from the ever increasing pollution level, traffic, and having to deal with constant flooding more or less year after year.

Of course I can always shell out the expense of redesigning / lifting our house up to keep us safe and dry, but you then still have to deal with how to get your food supplies when everywhere else is flooded.

A friend of mine who just bought a house in Rungsit -klong3 area recently, had thought she was quite safe from the flood......but noooooooo. She will have to pray hard next year and the next....'cause she doesn't have a luxury of be able to move out after just spent 6M. Chaingmai, and Bangsaen are the top 2 places I have heard many of my friends are talking about.

Yes count me in, as another bangkoknian who will be looking for a house up there soon, luckily I can work from home. Don't know if I will buy or build...or even the city is interesting enough to move up there permanently. I like Chiangmai due to having cooler weather, many night markets, friendly atmosphere, still well preserved local culture..etcs However I know that being there as a tourist is much different than as a long stayer. I will be there the whole month of Feb checking it out....so will see

If you come in feb. then you will not want to stay to much pollution. Why anyone would want to live in Chiang Mai is beyond me too much traffic, people unfriendly, too many night markets causing traffic jams . Please stay away Bangkok people chiang mai is not for you. Leave us to our misery

I wasn't there when the 20 people went in to buy houses. Did it really happen? I guess the people in the front office are the only ones who really know.

I have looked at many other new house moobahns in Chiang Mai and I think Urbana is one of the nicer ones. The location is excellent, the houses are good quality, and the moobahn has some nice perks. Maybe the prices were higher in the past and dropped because no one was buying. That's good for home buyer. Now that the flood happened in Bangkok maybe the new home prices will increase again. It would depend on how people look at the long run of living in Bangkok. If people think Bangkok is on the decline with businesses leaving the area, people moving out....and water levels rising every year, perhaps housing prices will increase in the future. If this is just a shock to the industry because of the flood, things will probably stay the same.