Foreign Investment Surges 40% In First 10 Months

Foreign investment surges 40% in first 10 months of this year

BANGKOK, Nov 18 (TNA) - Foreign investment projects in Thailand surged 40 per cent in the first 10 months of this year, compared with those of the same period in 2004, according to the Board of Investment of Thailand (BOI).

In the January-October period, up to 1,100 foreign projects applied for BOI's approvals of promotional privileges, worth Bt 657.5 billion, a 40 per cent surge from the same period of last year, BOI Secretary-General Sathit Sirirangkamanon told journalists here on Thursday.

Most of the projects were in the service and utility sectors, followed by those in the metal, machinery, transport equipment, automobiles and parts, mineral and ceremic manufacturing sectors, he said.

BOI expects that total foreign investment projects seeking for BOI's promotional privileges this year will reach Bt700 billion, meeting its earlier set target.

Foreign direct investment in the country is believed to surge to Bt750 billion next year, according to the BOI chief. (TNA)--E002

i would like to see the official numbers,

i,ve just been reading reports on thailand and listening to bloomberg and the analyst from br stns has just confirmed my reading that foreign investment from the private sector is not forthcoming because of the banks spending policy and deficit and toxins spending in the last six months and yes the analyst did name toxin as one of the problems.

investment is going to most asian countries apart from thailand, why would that be ? me thinks ustable economy and no imagination under chairman toxin.

i,ve just been reading reports on thailand and listening to bloomberg and the analyst from br stns has just confirmed my reading that foreign investment from the private sector is not forthcoming because of the banks spending policy and deficit  and toxins spending in the last six months and yes the analyst did name toxin as one of the problems.

investment is going to most asian countries apart from thailand, why would that be ? me thinks ustable economy and no imagination under chairman toxin.

Not hard to find BOI is happy to provide statistics.

Billions of dollars in FDI is coming into Thailand. Of course, they are indeed losing a lot to China, as are most SEA countries right now.

TH

i,ve just been reading reports on thailand and listening to bloomberg and the analyst from br stns has just confirmed my reading that foreign investment from the private sector is not forthcoming because of the banks spending policy and deficit  and toxins spending in the last six months and yes the analyst did name toxin as one of the problems.

Not hard to find BOI is happy to provide statistics.

Billions of dollars in FDI is coming into Thailand. Of course, they are indeed losing a lot to China, as are most SEA countries right now.

TH

thx for the link, interesting.

however the finacial news from the institutions are not boding well for thailand, these are the reports that i have researched.

as with most reports from a thai institution i tend not to take the information given out as gospel, until it is substantiated else where.

my research shows me the phllipines, korea and vietnam to be the better options.

the thing is who is giving the correct information, more research me thinks