Double Entry Tourist Visa

Just two points to be accurate :

- the visa is NOT delivered for 60 days BUT for 58 days... this may cause a trouble for those who do not care... Just check your passport : on the squarred stamp, the date "Admitted until" is written

- the single visa is valid 30 days (ie you can use it within 30 days), the double visa is valid 60 days

A tourist visa is valid for 60 days, with day 1 being the day of entry and you must leave by day 60 (or get ane extension).

A single tourist visa is valif for 60 days, a double entry for 2 times 60 days, unless you are not from a country valling under the visa exempt entry scheme, than a tourist visa is 30 days and a double two times 30 days. (Not 60 days in a row, you have to leave the country to activate the second entry).

Sorry Mario, I made an error and corrected it : the validity of the visa (the delay you have to use it) is 3 months for a single entry, 6 months for a double entry

1. A tourist visa is normally valid for 3 or 6 months from date of issue if more than one entry.

2. There are two dates on a visa - date of issue and use before (expiration date) and all allowed entries must be made by that second date.

3. On entry most nationalities will receive a 60 day stay that can be extended one time for 30 days (payment of 1,900 baht).

4. Your permission to stay and extensions can be later than the expiration date of the original visa but no new entry can be made after that date (without a re-entry permit).

Just two points to be accurate :

- the visa is NOT delivered for 60 days BUT for 58 days... this may cause a trouble for those who do not care... Just check your passport : on the squarred stamp, the date "Admitted until" is written

- the single visa is valid 30 days (ie you can use it within 30 days), the double visa is valid 60 days

A tourist visa is valid for 60 days, with day 1 being the day of entry and you must leave by day 60 (or get ane extension).

A single tourist visa is valif for 60 days, a double entry for 2 times 60 days, unless you are not from a country valling under the visa exempt entry scheme, than a tourist visa is 30 days and a double two times 30 days. (Not 60 days in a row, you have to leave the country to activate the second entry).

Sorry Mario, I made an error and corrected it : the validity of the visa (the delay you have to use it) is 3 months for a single entry, 6 months for a double entry

No problem, happens to the best

The validity is of the visa is determined by the consulate. Most give indeed 6 months for a double entry, but some only give 3 months. Vientianne is an example where you only get 3 months for a double entry, and sometimes consulates stamp an incorrect validity.

Always check it, it can save nasty surprises.

I am assuming double entry for a stay of 6 month is the longest I can stay, no triple entry allowed to stay more than 6 months?

If that is the case, when am I allowed back into thailand for another set of 6 month using the double entry visa method?

1 month? 3month 6 month?

there are triple entry visas available from some embassies but to stay in thailand for longer than if you have a double entry valid for 3 months you must make sure it's valid for 6 months.

so if you have a triple entry valid for 6 months you can use 2 of the entries in the first 6 months then on the last day the visa is active pop out and into thailand to get the final 60 days + 30 days extension.

maximum would be 270 days if you could enter thailand as soon as the visa is issued to you .

maybe from your home country you could obtain a triple entry ? i don't know

I am assuming double entry for a stay of 6 month is the longest I can stay, no triple entry allowed to stay more than 6 months?

If that is the case, when am I allowed back into thailand for another set of 6 month using the double entry visa method?

1 month? 3month 6 month?

The visa does not determine the lenght of your stay, it only allows you to enter Thailand. If you have a double entry visa that is valid for six months, then you can enter/re-enter Thailand two times during that six month period. The first time that you enter you will be granted 60 days. You can get an additional 30 day extension at immigration in Thailand for 1900 baht. When that expires you have to leave Thailand. if you re-enter before the expiration date on the visa, that is your second entry and the visa will be stampted "USED". You will get 60 days and that can be extended for another 30 days at the cost of 1900 baht. Then you must leave Thailand.

Edited by wayned

i agree the visa validity time does not determine the length of stay but it makes a difference on the maximum possible :

if you have a single entry maximum 90 days stay

double either 3 or 6 month validity has maximum of 180 days stay

a triple with 3 months validity you can stay maximum 180 days

a triple with 6 months validity maximum stay 270 days.

the visa is a 60 day one per entry with option to add 30 days only .

even if you have a triple 6 month validity you still can't stay in thailand non stop , you have to do 3 border crossings and pay for 3 extra extensions.

The trick is knowing how to use it to get the maximum number of days and many people don't understand the purpose of the visa and end up screwing themselves!

i agree the visa validity time does not determine the length of stay but it makes a difference on the maximum possible :

if you have a single entry maximum 90 days stay

double either 3 or 6 month validity has maximum of 180 days stay

a triple with 3 months validity you can stay maximum 180 days

a triple with 6 months validity maximum stay 270 days.

the visa is a 60 day one per entry with option to add 30 days only .

even if you have a triple 6 month validity you still can't stay in thailand non stop , you have to do 3 border crossings and pay for 3 extra extensions.