Cheapest Way To Call To Europe

Amantec

I have been calling to Europe for these last 8 months by dialling 005 before the country code from an AIS mobile for 19 Bhat per minute but somebody told me that there's several international calling cards which i can use. How does these work and anyone maybe can give me a name for them and rates? Using Skype credit is still quite expensive to my country. Thanks in advance.

Hi,, I too use AIS 00500 from time to time but I have heard that true offers a better rate, but haven't looked much into it since most of my international calls are via Skype,, which particular country do you most frequently call ?? ,,, I think some of these cards vary in rate depending on where you are calling ??

I use TrueMove international sim card.

I use the prefix of 00600 which has never been a problem with quality and it costs 1 baht per minute to a landline and 6 baht to a mobile in the UK.

Yes I second this sim.....

1 baht a minute to vitually all landlines in Europe-check for Malta as not sure if included.

if you make frequent calls to the same person, just about anywhere in the world, my advice would be to get Magic Jack from USA. You get a USA phone number and it costs 20 USD/year, that's it.

So you send another MJ widget to your friend, they install it and voila... the two of you can talk endlessly for one year for about 600 baht. The latest version of MJ does not even require a computer, just a phone line.

I have a local friend here in CM that also has MJ and sometimes we call eachother on MJ to save our cell phone minutes OR when local cell networks are being funky.

True Move Inter Sim with the 00600 prefix is great if you can do it for 1 Baht/min.

However looking up Malta, it will be 5 Baht/min to fixed lines, and 18 Baht/min to mobile, so maybe there are better options for the OP.