Folding Bicycle In Bangkok

rinteln

Hi everyone,

Bit of a weird one but I have a friend or is looking for a fold up bicycle. I have attached a photo of the kind of thing he is looking for. Not this exactly but similar.

Does anyone know of any suppliers and/or shops in Bangkok or anywhere for that matter ?

Any advice and help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

dscn58009o52wqn7.jpg

post-142309-0-85708300-1321162029_thumb.

Where is (will) your friend (be) based?

Bangkok's a big place and there are many bicycle shops. The one I use in particular is on the evens side of Sukhumvit a hundred or so metres east from the junction with Udom Suk (Sukhumvit 102) There are two shops there, I use the smaller one further from Udom Suk. Even they have folding bikes which are becoming more popular here by the look of things. On Udom Suk itself, somewhere around Soi 41 (odds side, easy to spot) there is a Giant Bicycles store. I have passed but not entered a big bicycle store on the corner of Th. Patthanakan Soi 58 in Suan Luang which looks inviting. If time isn't an issue I'll report back, meaning to go and have a look there sometime soon.

Keep the info coming because I'm looking for some specialty bike shops to buy a more conventional bike for myself. I've actually seen folding bicycles at TESCO and/or Big-C on Rama IV in Khlong Toey. The two stores kind of run together in my mind so I'm not sure which one had the folding bicycles. But they are right across the street from each other.

Actually those bicycles are everywhere these days . . . in the Emporium Phrom Phong building on, I think, the third floor, opposite corner from Kinokuniya, there is a shop that sells them. Pro bike (Probike Co., Ltd. 237/2 Sarasin Rd., Lumpinee Pathumwan Bangkok Thailand 10330, right across from Lumpini Park, has some really good ones. Giant is also good. The big shops like that are pretty much Farang prices, though. Good bikes aren't cheap anywhere.

I saw many fold up bicycles like the one in your picture, last time I visited "SportsWorld" in Paradise Park. Price starts from THB 3,900 for bicycles from China. Also some high quality bikes available. SportsWorld has many branches in Thailand / Bangkok. Just take a look at www.sportsworld.co.th

Also a small shop on Srinakarin Road located between Foodland and Theparak Road on the left hand side where the Theparak Road flyover bridge starts sell fold up bicycles. Looks like locally produced or at least locally assembled.

Edited by Xonax

We are in Pattaya but will be going into Bangkok today. Actually Udom Suk is perfect as thats where I get off from the bus and I normally use that BTS so I will check these shops out.

Thanks

Where is (will) your friend (be) based?

Bangkok's a big place and there are many bicycle shops. The one I use in particular is on the evens side of Sukhumvit a hundred or so metres east from the junction with Udom Suk (Sukhumvit 102) There are two shops there, I use the smaller one further from Udom Suk. Even they have folding bikes which are becoming more popular here by the look of things. On Udom Suk itself, somewhere around Soi 41 (odds side, easy to spot) there is a Giant Bicycles store. I have passed but not entered a big bicycle store on the corner of Th. Patthanakan Soi 58 in Suan Luang which looks inviting. If time isn't an issue I'll report back, meaning to go and have a look there sometime soon.

OK, but bear in mind these are open-fronted Thai shops, a little English spoken.

There are bikes at Supersports in Emporium at Phrom Phong, and Bangkok Cyclist is a short walk, just off Soi26, though they've never been open the few time I've stopped by (long time ago)

Short taxi-ride from Phrom Phong (or Tong Lo) to Tesco Lotus/Big C on Rama IV - dirt-cheap bikes at dirt-cheap quality.

Probike is BTS-able, change at Siam for Ratchadamri, exit SW 500m to Sarasin, 200m to Probike. Amuse yourself by playing spot-the-bullet-holes in the street furniture.

There's a western-style shop in Erawan centre accessible from the BTS Chit Lom walkway, don't know if they have folders.