Invitation: Thaivisa Christmas Party & Pissup

george

I was there, dropped by at around 8 or 9. Found some familiar faces and was introduced to a few new ones, but overall didn't get to meet many new people. Granted, there were lots of people standing around drinking and looking around at each other, but there weren't any ice-breaking activities to encourage mingling as far as I could see. I myself am not the type to go around introducing myself to groups of male strangers either. :D

Was introduced to George and complained a bit about the absence of name tags; he said that it was difficult to verify the TV members' real identities and prevent the kind of impersonations that happened last time. Valid concern, though I think a solution was possible.

Anyway, thanks for the party and the munchies (sat at the bar pigging out on sandwiches and pasta for a while before turning my interest to people :D). Might be able to help out with the next one should my services be welcome, just let me know (I have a bit of experience with event organizing, and a few ideas have popped into my head)

To all that were there, nice to meet 'cha (for those I met); sorry didn't get to meet 'cha (for those I didn't). 'Til next time... :D

Happy holidays everybody! :o

Good to see you again siamesekitty. We need to have another night when its not a TV thing. Elle has your number? :D

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rolled up with a couple of friends about 6.00 - lots of people sitting round the bar looking glum :o

Decided the best thing to do was wander round and try to get some sort of conversation going. Met John Krukowski, and later on Jockstar and Siamese Kitty - nice to put faces to nicks/avatars.

By the time the food arrived we were all far too hungry ( too much early evening Tiger), so snaffled a plate of snacks and then moved on to find a proper meal.

Not a bad evening, but as has been commented by others, its difficult to stirke up conversations if you don't know who you are talking too.

Obvious exceptions are excused :D ( Jockstar :D ).

Maybe some thought could be given to taking up the offers from the various members in assisting with the organisation of the next bash, and include me in those offers too.

Look forward to meeting more people next time.

Edited by andyfletch