Bringing Precription Medicines Into Thailand

softgeorge

have a mate who is arriving in Thailand next March and he sent me an email enquiring about bringing prescription medication.

They medications are ...... Temazapan and Zoftol (zoloft)

Does anyone have knowledge on prohibitions or restrictions on these coming into Thailand. He is well aware of doctors letters etc saying they are prescribed but are there bans. Also can you purchase these in Thailand or a substitute?

He can get both those by prescription in Thailand and maybe without at the right pharmacy.

There are, of course, means to bring in prescription drugs, but it is essential to have a doctor's letter.

The problem with this is that should he be unlucky (or unlikely) enough to be stopped it will all cause a lot of delay.

It took over an hour for a friend of mine (who needed medication for high blood-pressure) to have his pills/letter investigated before clearance.

He was, however, daft enough to declare them because he thought that it would be a formality and wrongly assumed that he would be in more trouble if he failed to do so.

it is easy to get paranoid about Thai immigration and customs, until you see the low life that hangs around, drug-dealing and fighting and prostituting, Suk. Soi. 11 (Bkk) every night these days

It used to be lovely sitting there for an hour or two watching the World go by. That lot seem to get in without problem.

I digress.

Tell your friend to go by the book and he will walz through the "Nothing to Declare," in any case..

The Hull Consulate web site has useful information on this, I believe.

Edited by Beechboy