Any Tools Rent/Borrow

rmacdon61

I have been looking for and bought a few wood working tools here in the rai. Now often I just need to make a few cuts, plane a small piece or shape something. Looking to see if there is interest in something like a tool co-op? A rental agency I think is out of the question as getting credit card deposit and on and on is a hassle. If there is a positive interest, we could ask the mod to pin it to the forum. I have no experience on how or what a

co-op would look like, but certainly open for suggestions. Also legal stuff as co-ops are often looked at as suspect by government.

For all I know, there may even be a rental store out there I haven't discovered yet.

Looking for feed back

I have trouble keeping tools, my wife's brothers borrow them and "forget" to return them so usually buy what I need when I need it.

Picked up what must be my fourth hammer in 7 years yesterday, 190B including a kilo of 2" nails.

There was a nice Stanley there for 360B but I thought "sod it, it will be gone next week".

So they are not all that expensive, if I was as keen as I used to be and still involved in the building trade I'd just buy something regularly and build up my kit again and keep them locked away from "borrowers".

I have trouble keeping tools, my wife's brothers borrow them and "forget" to return them so usually buy what I need when I need it.

Picked up what must be my fourth hammer in 7 years yesterday, 190B including a kilo of 2" nails.

There was a nice Stanley there for 360B but I thought "sod it, it will be gone next week".

So they are not all that expensive, if I was as keen as I used to be and still involved in the building trade I'd just buy something regularly and build up my kit again and keep them locked away from "borrowers".

Are you sure it wasnt a Stan Lee from China. :D

Are you out on bail Sunholidaysun1?

When I saw this news article and you disappeared about the same time I suspected the worst.

UK police lure suspects with 'free beer'

More than a dozen suspected criminals have been arrested as part of a British undercover sting operation after being duped into ringing the police to claim free beer.

Derbyshire Police said the suspects were detained after officers sent letters to a string of people who had evaded arrest for several months, urging them to claim a complimentary crate of beer from a marketing company.

A total of 19 suspects, wanted in connection with a range of offences including robbery, burglary and sexual assault, fell for the hoax and called the number on the letters, which put them through to officers based at Chesterfield Police Station.

Police then arranged a time and date for the free alcohol to be dropped off, but instead arrested those awaiting free beer at locations in Chesterfield, Staveley, Alfreton, Ilkeston, Sheffield and Nottingham.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/world/11608687/uk-police-lure-suspects-with-free-beer/

Are you out on bail Sunholidaysun1?

When I saw this news article and you disappeared about the same time I suspected the worst.

UK police lure suspects with 'free beer'

More than a dozen suspected criminals have been arrested as part of a British undercover sting operation after being duped into ringing the police to claim free beer.

Derbyshire Police said the suspects were detained after officers sent letters to a string of people who had evaded arrest for several months, urging them to claim a complimentary crate of beer from a marketing company.

A total of 19 suspects, wanted in connection with a range of offences including robbery, burglary and sexual assault, fell for the hoax and called the number on the letters, which put them through to officers based at Chesterfield Police Station.

Police then arranged a time and date for the free alcohol to be dropped off, but instead arrested those awaiting free beer at locations in Chesterfield, Staveley, Alfreton, Ilkeston, Sheffield and Nottingham.

http://au.news.yahoo...with-free-beer/

:ph34r::whistling::bah::P:cheesy::drunk::giggle::clap2: