R.I.P. Tony Smith

limbos

Just heard that a long term resident, Tony Smith was involved in a motorbike accident last Friday night in the Choengmon area and he passed away as a result. He was running an IT/Website business on Samui.

Does anyone know anything more about the cause and location of the accident and if there's a ceremony planned at one of the local temples. Thanks.

The Samui Cable News broadcasted last night a report of a Westerner dying in a motorbike accident in Choengmon Friday night.

RIP Tony!

Edited by limbos

I believe Tony was travelling through Choeng Mon in the direction of Chaweng, he had just passed the imperial boat house and in a torrent of rain hit a car head on, right on the bend, this is what I was told by one of Tonys friends

who actually went to Nathon Hospital to identify his body.

Friday night when the rain was at it's worst, visibility would have been terrible for both driver and rider.

R I P Tony

Edited by starcandle

Tony was moved to Bangkok yesterday to await repatriation to the UK. Big thank you to his good friends Mark & John from Elephant & Castle, who have helped Tony's family with all the arrangements this end. A "do" to celebrate Tony's life will be held at the "BBC" bar in Bangrak on a date to be arranged.....R.I.P. Tony

R.I.P