Non-O Extension With Work Permit

I have a Visa Non-O and work permit and I wanna make one year visa extension. I am little bit confused.

1. My visa valid to 12 DEC 2011 ("enter before" on my visa page).

2. I can stay in Thailand till 22 JAN 2012 (this is my last visa run stamp).

When I have to make visa extension? Before 22 JAN is fine or I have to go in december?

My coworker and I were told by immigration that we could not get an extension based on work unless we had a non B.

That is incorrect, they might have mistaken it for a non-O based on retirement. But for a non-O based on marriage, there should be no problem.

Although some immigration offices seem to have their own rules, so it might be interesting to know which office you are talking about.

That is incorrect, they might have mistaken it for a non-O based on retirement. But for a non-O based on marriage, there should be no problem.

Although some immigration offices seem to have their own rules, so it might be interesting to know which office you are talking about.

I was pretty surprised. I had been getting extensions on my non O based on marriage in Siracha for years. The office in question is in Amnat Charon. I'm not sure if the guy was looking for a bribe or what. My wife was there (along with a few teachers from our school who were getting extensions) and he told my wife that they are not allowed to give extensions based on work for Non Os only Non Bs. We told him he had done it for years and he said that they might do it in Chonburi or Bangkok but he wont "take responsibility" (whatever that means!)