"seagull" Brand Cookware ...

ThunderDuck

Hi ive checked the Tesco Bigc Carrefour

This is the piece im after ...

http://www.seagullbrand.com/web/product_de...?product_id=619

Anyone Know of a shop with a good range?

Cheers.

There is a shop next to Worarot market that specializes in stainless cookware. You might try them.

Edited by wimpy

Cheers.

There is a seagull shop on Chang Klan Road, about 100 metres pass the Empress Hotel heading towards SuperHigway on the right hand side. Nigel

WHat you're looking for is called a 'pinto' in Thai and is VERY common. The one pictured seems to have only ONE container. It's much more common to see them stacked 2-3-4 levels hight. That way you conveniently carry a 2 -3 4 different dishes without mixing them up.

It's the Thai equivalent of a lunch box.

And I've bought one at Tesco. (3 level). Ignore this if you know all this and you're specifically looking for a one-level container and Tesco didn't have it. But for sure you will be able to find it following the advice above.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Cheers.

There is a seagull shop on Chang Klan Road, about 100 metres pass the Empress Hotel heading towards SuperHigway on the right hand side. Nigel

And if the shop on Chang Klan doesn't have it - and by the signage they should do - try Rimping and Makro; both places stock a range of Seagull pots and pans.

JxP

First up thanks to all the forum members for your replies.

I carry a "pocket rocket" mountaineering stove which weighs just a few grams and an adapter which allows use of the cheap 30 baht aerosol can style gas bottles.

Mostly used for coffee / tea and boiling up drinking water when necessary.

The 14cm "pinto" is the near perfect pot for this rig ... long cool lockdown handle for pouring and just big enough to accomodate the stove when broken down to its components.

I did however find an even better alternative today. Zebra make a 14cm "camping pot" which is basically a pinto manufactured in a slightly heavier gauge of stainless steel for stovetop use.

Zebra have an excellent english language website but unfortunately for me, the list of "Zebra Shops" is only in Thai flavour.

http://www.zebra-head.com/thai/zebracorner/zebrashop.htm

ThunderDuck, All I meant was you have the number for the company and you can call them to find out where they sell what you want. It's sold around the world so I'm sure they have someone that can help you.

By the way, what kind of bike do you ride and is it here??

Cheers,

Kringle

ThunderDuck, All I meant was you have the number for the company and you can call them to find out where they sell what you want. It's sold around the world so I'm sure they have someone that can help you.

By the way, what kind of bike do you ride and is it here??

No offence taken ... there is a very fancy looking phone sitting on top of the fridge and i'd probably use it as first option if my language skills were stronger.

Have been riding motos since before I could touch the ground, but alas its only a chunk o' <deleted> hired scooter in the carpark. I've only just arrived and am still weighing up the purchase options.

The bike in my avatar is a chang jiang 750 sidecar outfit, manufactured in china, and can be purchased at a reasonable price if you have a residents visa. Beautiful looking machine but there are some reliability issues ... reminds me a bit of the R100/7 and DJP outfit i used to knock about in when living in Donnybrook.

Be great to purchase and ride up around Tibet and the northern regions ...