1.5 Million Letters, Parcels Undelivered: Thailand Flood

webfact

these responses are a real worry - I am suppose to recieve a package I ordered from overseas - I really hope it arrives - its a present for my mrs.

Has anyone else received packages to Pataya normally?

Sorry. Register it next time.

... you had a gift sent through the Royal Thai Postal System? ... oh, jeez, what were you thinking? ... Thailand is one of the most corrupt countries in all of Asia.

As long as the item is registered, it will arrive.

I don't know why people like to slam Thai post. The country may be corrupt but I've never had an overseas package gone missing or had an item missing before.

Well hope that this isn't too controversial as a first post but I have to stand up for the Thai Postal Service, My mum and other family send parcels for the kids birthdays xmas or whatever from a small town in Wales and they are usually here in Bangkok a few days before my nieces etc in London get things she sent the same day. The average delivery time is around 4/5 days If she posts something on Monday its usually here before Friday.

The latest thing was obviously a bit slower it got here yesterday and was sent a fortnight ago. In 14 years Ive had one parcel go astray, whereas in the last few years Ive heard that the post in the U.k its anybodys guess whether the contents will be nicked or not. As far as tax goes Ive never been charged for things from amazon.co.uk but do sometimes for amazon from the states, and for normal parcels its just the usual 7baht.

Cheers