My Helmet Stinks!

kurgen

I've noticed that my helmet really stinks unless I wash it every few days. :D I never had this problem in the U.K

I don't want to mess about with washing it any more than once every couple of weeks,even though I'm not French.

Are there any tips that anyone has on how to stop helmet smell?

By the way I have a full face helmet in case you were wondering :o

I've noticed that my helmet really stinks unless I wash it every few days. :D I never had this problem in the U.K

I don't want to mess about with washing it any more than once every couple of weeks,even though I'm not French.

My wife also used to complain about the smell of my helmet until I discovered Helmet Fresh. Now every time we have a ride she loves that odour free freshness.

See www.allenslaw.com/hf.html

You could try buying a decent helmet with a detachable lining. I've got a Japanese made OGK open face helmet and don't have any problems with smells.

Every now and then I only have to wash the lining to get the road grime that gets picked up by the helmet.

My wife also used to complain about the smell of my helmet until I discovered Helmet Fresh. Now every time we have a ride she loves that odour free freshness.

See www.allenslaw.com/hf.html

:o:D:D .............. :D

Are there any tips that anyone has on how to stop helmet smell?:o

55555555555555555555555555555 :D:D

Are there any tips that anyone has on how to stop helmet smell?:o

55555555555555555555555555555 :D:D

You really should keep your helmet in order and give it a good scrub every day, especially after use! :D

- put it in place that have sunlight for expose it for few days , turn the right side up

-buy new one :D:D

BambinA - Done that what about the left side?? :o

If I buy a new one will I have to treat it with WBS to get rid of the "new smell".

Edited by mijan24

Thats a common problem where it is really hot. I wipe the lining in mine with a damp sponge. I dampen the sponge with water and lemon smelling dish washing detergent then dry it in the sun.

Now you're going to doubt me but I'll tell you anyways. I have a nice smelling doggy deodorant. LOL. SERIOUSLY! It comes in a pump style spray bottle. It smells fresh and clean.

Your lid probably smells because of sweating right? All the sprays and powders to get rid of the smell probably all work, but the sweat is still there. All you can do is wash the lining regularly, no other way. As Gazza says, get a lid with a detachable lining, makes the job easy! I have a Shoei Syncrotec and it's easy to detach the insides and wash them.

You should wrap your entire head in clingfilm before putting the helmet on. This will stop any sweat going into the lining. A drain tube should then be inserted to get rid of the excess liquids. A word of warning please make sure there are some airholes. A knitting needle shoved up each nostril after application of the clingfilm should suffice.

Good Luck

Den

You should wrap your entire head in clingfilm before putting the helmet on. This will stop any sweat going into the lining. A drain tube should then be inserted to get rid of the excess liquids. A word of warning please make sure there are some airholes. A knitting needle shoved up each nostril after application of the clingfilm should suffice.

Good Luck

Den

Classic. :D:D:D

:o:D:D .................Cheers denby thats set me up for the day.

Thais have the answer they don't wear one - "helmet" I mean - gawd getting in deeper - head helment - jeez motorcycle helment worn on the cranium.

Try a used icecream container held in place with an elastic band - change every other shopping day.

The best way to prevent further smell, I would advice you wear a balaclava. It would help alot.

Also after using the helmet you may put it upside down to the sun rays do the job. What I mostly do though, I put my helmet right on top of the air condition compressor's fan. It doesn't blow, its sucks!

Washing it helps, but its not advised (not too often).

Wear a bandana and upon return to your home, scruch up some newspaper pages and stuff them into your helmet. The next time you ride remove the newspaper (or no room for your head). You will be surprised to find the small has gone away

Douse it in vinegar, lemon juice or lime juice then leave it out to dry.

Edited by Nickerelastic

Only one solution, wash your hair more often! ;-)

Joke from a french....