Home Entertainment System

joker7

Im thinking of installing a Lexicon home entertainment system. Anyone installed one in Pattaya ? How much was the total cost including materials and labor ?

I would be looking at :

2 x Lounge surround sound system

1 x Bathroom

4 x Bedroom

I may alter the number of rooms depending on costs.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

Joker

Have you considered Sonos units for the multi-room functions?

I put these into a large house (8 bedrooms, 9 bathrooms, 8 living rooms, 2 kitchens, various outdoor areas) and it all worked very well indeed.

Nothing stopping you from using Lexicon equipment as amps, if you like it, but I dont quite see the point of having a centralised amp system without the per room control.

Perhaps more to the point to have individual amps but centralised music distribution, as Sonos offers. For example, in some rooms (bathrooms) I hooked up the Sonos units to simple amps and ceiling speakers. In the bedrooms we had better amps with AV functions, for viewing TV also, and both ceiling and standalone speakers. In the living rooms we had very high quality AV amps for home cinema. In all cases Sonos did the distribution.

I put these into a large house (8 bedrooms, 9 bathrooms, 8 living rooms, 2 kitchens, various outdoor areas) and it all worked very well indeed.

Nothing stopping you from using Lexicon equipment as amps, if you like it, but I dont quite see the point of having a centralised amp system without the per room control.

Perhaps more to the point to have individual amps but centralised music distribution, as Sonos offers. For example, in some rooms (bathrooms) I hooked up the Sonos units to simple amps and ceiling speakers. In the bedrooms we had better amps with AV functions, for viewing TV also, and both ceiling and standalone speakers. In the living rooms we had very high quality AV amps for home cinema. In all cases Sonos did the distribution.

Anywhere in Pattaya sell Sonos?

JH

I have a friend that has a BOSE Lifestyle system he never uses. A 6.1 in the main room and 2 pair of outdoor speakers with remote controls that go with them. He paid ridiculous money for it but am told that BOSE is around one of the best ?

His lighting and alarm engineer fitted it for him.

JH

No one official, H3 Digital is the Thai distributor we are based in Phuket.

I have no idea.

Anyone in Pattaya selling that amp brand (which I have never previously heard of)?

At least the Sonos stuff is at an accessible price and could be imported by the end-user.

I think that it is quite good value for money, given the facilities and quality it offers. We saved quite a lot (USD3000) simply by being able to control it with free iPhone/Android apps rather than buying the specific remote controls. It really does work very well.

I have no idea.

Anyone in Pattaya selling that amp brand (which I have never previously heard of)?

At least the Sonos stuff is at an accessible price and could be imported by the end-user.

I think that it is quite good value for money, given the facilities and quality it offers. We saved quite a lot (USD3000) simply by being able to control it with free iPhone/Android apps rather than buying the specific remote controls. It really does work very well.

Is it possible to run your TV audio thru it as well? I have read there website but nothing about TV's so i'm thinking probably not?

JH

<br />
<br />
<br /><i>Anywhere in Pattaya sell Sonos?</i><br />
<br /><br />I have no idea.<br /><br />Anyone in Pattaya selling that amp brand (which I have never previously heard of)?<br /><br />At least the Sonos stuff is at an accessible price and could be imported by the end-user.<br /><br />I think that it is quite good value for money, given the facilities and quality it offers. We saved quite a lot (USD3000) simply by being able to control it with free iPhone/Android apps rather than buying the specific remote controls. It really does work very well.<br />
<br /><br /><i>Is it possible to run your TV audio thru it as well? I have read there website but nothing about TV's so i'm thinking probably not?</i><br /><i><br /></i><br /><i>JH</i><br />
<br /><br /><br />

You can plug any stereo input in via the inputs on the back, that input can then be played in that zone or indeed over any other zone as well.

I have a friend that has a BOSE Lifestyle system he never uses. A 6.1 in the main room and 2 pair of outdoor speakers with remote controls that go with them. He paid ridiculous money for it but am told that BOSE is around one of the best ?

His lighting and alarm engineer fitted it for him.

I my opinion Bose is probably the most over-rated manufacturer there is, perhaps in a tough competition with Bang & Olufsen. Bose has only produced one really good product and that was their 901 speakers, designed by Dr. Bose himself, back in the stone age.