PAD Threatens Protest If Thai Govt Continues Amnesty Push

webfact

For Sale:

Size L expensive dress shirt, worn once. Perfect for those with a death wish or leaving the country. Makes a great gift to your boss or father-in-law.You can guess the colour.

Or perfect every Monday ( Fridays often too ) if you work here.

Have you noticed how the yellow color shirts is showing respect for and to honor the King ?

So clearly passable anywhere in a yellow shirt, at least Mondays and Fridays anyway..

Can you provide a guide on what colors to wear each day of the week so as not to be shot, beaten, stabbed or eviscerated by apposing factions? :blink:

Life is not supposed to be like this.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mobile toilets are arriving already?

how do these mobile toilet thingies work. do you stand by the side of the road with your legs crossed, and flag them down as they cruise past, rather like a taxi; or do you phone a central control room and order one to come to where you are?

Is this the typical pi@@ing game? The Olympics for extremely bad people? Who shot more? Who was more violent?

PAD occupied the Government House, left it robbed of chairs and computer...oh...and government files. (reported in that other newspaper, which is not really pro- red!)

They went to occupied 3 (! ) international airports (Phuket is international, too!) Many lost their jobs (I should know...I was one of them!) and actually people were killed an injured.

Anyone who wants to turn THAT into a peaceful picnic of democracy lovers...be my guests.

2 years of violent (and completely braindead) protest of the UDD should not make anyone forget, what was going on with the PAD.

Complain about a "pissing game" by other posters and then you jump right in with your own. :D

Then you attempt to correlate missing desk chairs equating with burning down the largest mall in Southeast Asia.

good material... :lol: but no sale.

It's ridiculousness like that shines the light brightly on the Red Shirts. It does demonstrate why there are repeated efforts to group both of their actions as equal. It's easy to understand why they would so often be so eager to do that when their own Red Shirts transgressions are so much worse.

btw, no one is saying that PAD was completely peaceful including the SteelyDan post you quoted. The only ones that use that exaggeration are anti-PAD's.

I am, however, sorry that you've lost your job. It goes a long way in understanding your aggravation.

I am just trying to remind some people, that the PAD- protest was NOT a folklore meeting of song and dance, as some here want to see it. And I am not attempting to correlate chairs and burning buildings. But if my memory is correct, chairs were not the only thing missing and I also remember some acts of random violence. Crime is crime and it happened on both sides. That's all I am saying. And as I am NOT trying to turn this into a football match, I am not adding up. Both incidents were illegal, stupid, violent and there has been a lot of blood and life been wasted. I am not at all aggrivated about my job- loss. I am not as stupid as you may think, to link my personal misfortune to an attempt to analyze a political situation. I just said: yes, people lost their job...and I was one of them.

with burning buildings they would get a trademark lawsuit from the red shirts.

Yellow: sit in at the airport, singing patriotic songs, anti-smoke-drink-gamble propaganda, promoting democracy...

Red: shooting with AKA47, M79, burning buildings beating people to death, commies propaganda, promoting Thaksin...

hmm hard to choose.....

Yeah...with the Pad it was all a happy gathering, with music, food, cultural dances, democracy lectures and not at all violent or - god forbid- illegal! PAD are the good shepherds of Thailand.

Man...crack pipe...down...NOW!

"right so it was....been there several times and been very critic..... "

And I stumbled into some red-shirt protesters last year. IT was a sunny day, hot and people were quiet jolly, dancing to loud Isan- music. Not a smoke cloud in the sky, no burning building around...

I guess all the reports in the several types of media were just wrong. All ding-dong-happy- happy....

Political conflict and disagreement and change leads to violence when the institutions to resolve conflict/allow change either don't function, get interfered with, are not accepted by a major player, the rules of are disagreed with or don't exist. That is in no way unique to Thailand. These things are usually overcome in the political sphere either by changing or evolving the mechanisms/rules by a minimum amount to accommodate everyone (conservatism) to more radical changes if recalcitrance takes hold. Repression and authoritarianism rarely are more than a short term solution to hold a line. This is what is happening in the political sphere in Thailand now with a few distractions and characters thrown around to try and muddy things. At the end of the day it can be seen like a resetting of social contract by which people allow governance of themselves. One way or another it will resolve itself. Hopefully it wont be too violent and the major groups and players can all make sacrifice to enable the formation of a consensus broad enough to encompass a majority across the divide.

Is this the typical pi@@ing game? The Olympics for extremely bad people? Who shot more? Who was more violent?

PAD occupied the Government House, left it robbed of chairs and computer...oh...and government files. (reported in that other newspaper, which is not really pro- red!)

They went to occupied 3 (! ) international airports (Phuket is international, too!) Many lost their jobs (I should know...I was one of them!) and actually people were killed an injured.

Anyone who wants to turn THAT into a peaceful picnic of democracy lovers...be my guests.

2 years of violent (and completely braindead) protest of the UDD should not make anyone forget, what was going on with the PAD.

Complain about a "pissing game" by other posters and then you jump right in with your own. :D

Then you attempt to correlate missing desk chairs equating with burning down the largest mall in Southeast Asia.

It's ridiculousness like that shines the light brightly on the Red Shirts. It does demonstrate why there are repeated efforts to group both of their actions as equal. It's easy to understand why they would so often be so eager to do that when their own Red Shirts transgressions are so much worse.

btw, no one is saying that PAD was completely peaceful including the SteelyDan post you quoted. The only ones that use that exaggeration are anti-PAD's.

I am, however, sorry that you've lost your job. It goes a long way in understanding your aggravation.

I am just trying to remind some people, that the PAD- protest was NOT a folklore meeting of song and dance, as some here want to see it. And I am not attempting to correlate chairs and burning buildings. But if my memory is correct, chairs were not the only thing missing and I also remember some acts of random violence. Crime is crime and it happened on both sides. That's all I am saying. And as I am NOT trying to turn this into a football match, I am not adding up. Both incidents were illegal, stupid, violent and there has been a lot of blood and life been wasted. I am not at all aggrivated about my job- loss. I am not as stupid as you may think, to link my personal misfortune to an attempt to analyze a political situation. I just said: yes, people lost their job...and I was one of them.

I don't think you're stupid, but to say the loss of a job has had absolutely no bearing on your views is a stretch. Any major life change, be it marriage, relocation, death of someone close, or job loss is going to impact on one's psyche and in turn, their opinions and view. That's normal and entirely expected. To say it doesn't at all would be inappropriate use of denial. That's not to say the effects can't be controlled or minimized in one's mind, but when you continue in your post with equating the two groups' actions were of equal severity, it seems to go against that notion and reinforces the observation in my quoted post about the eagerness of people trying to do so.

I, too, don't wish to tally the scorecard, but when the clearly more severe actions of one group are minimized downward to where they can be placed side by side with the other group is muddling the clear difference by the "champion".

You "remember some acts of random violence" regarding the yellow shirts. I can accept that. I do, too.

But I also remember a veritable laundry list longer than my arm of calculated violence perpetrated by the red shirts. Violence that included much more lethality in their methods from the entire side of an apartment building being blown up to major government buildings in provinces around Thailand being torched to the ground to grenade launchers to automatic weapons. A smorgasbord of serious weaponry that inflicted a great deal more damage to life and property. In regards to being both the initiator of the first street violence (longevity), the number of specific violent actions, the number of geographic locations impacted, the weaponry involved, and the severity of those actions, the red shirts outpaced yellow shirts to a not insignificant degree.

I ask if you can accept that glaring distinction as I can accept that both groups had violent elements.

I don't think you're stupid, but to say the loss of a job has had absolutely no bearing on your views is a stretch. Any major life change, be it marriage, relocation, death of someone close, or job loss is going to impact on one's psyche and in turn, their opinions and view. That's normal and entirely expected. To say it doesn't at all would be inappropriate use of denial. That's not to say the effects can't be controlled or minimized in one's mind, but when you continue in your post with equating the two groups' actions were of equal severity, it seems to go against that notion and reinforces the observation in my quoted post about the eagerness of people trying to do so.

I, too, don't wish to tally the scorecard, but when the clearly more severe actions of one group are minimized downward to where they can be placed side by side with the other group is muddling the clear difference by the "champion".

You "remember some acts of random violence" regarding the yellow shirts. I can accept that. I do, too.

But I also remember a veritable laundry list longer than my arm of calculated violence perpetrated by the red shirts. Violence that included much more lethality in their methods from the entire side of an apartment building being blown up to major government buildings in provinces around Thailand being torched to the ground to grenade launchers to automatic weapons. A smorgasbord of serious weaponry that inflicted a great deal more damage to life and property. In regards to being both the initiator of the first street violence (longevity), the number of specific violent actions, the number of geographic locations impacted, the weaponry involved, and the severity of those actions, the red shirts outpaced yellow shirts to a not insignificant degree.

I ask if you can accept that glaring distinction as I can accept that both groups had violent elements.

Of course, I can!

...and in both cases, the executive failed miserably.

If I remember correctly. the government in the "PAD- case" had declared SOE...the Army just choose not to follow.

In the "UDD- case", police should have prohibited anyone from setting up camp at Ratchaprasong...they choose not to do so.

If everybody in this country would just do their job, both incidents would have been demonstrations...nothing more. Possibly....

And you may believe it or not: I stick with the words of the great leader (I AM JOKING) and I "forgive and forget"...especially, because my life is better now, then it was than!

Of course, I can!

Progress ! :thumbsup:

And you may believe it or not: I stick with the words of the great leader (I AM JOKING) and I "forgive and forget"...especially, because my life is better now, then it was than!

Good to hear it.

As for forgive and forget, I'm more of a "hold steadfastly accountable" sort of person.

Good to hear it.

As for forgive and forget, I'm more of a "hold steadfastly accountable" sort of person.

Now, who would've guessed that! :rolleyes:

Mobile toilets are arriving already?

how do these mobile toilet thingies work. do you stand by the side of the road with your legs crossed, and flag them down as they cruise past, rather like a taxi; or do you phone a central control room and order one to come to where you are?

They are converted old bus.

Yes, you pee on the bus.

The real reason why the PAD canceled the protests is because they can barely get 1,000 people together now. Nobody supports their childish actions anymore.

:blink:

Have no idea where you are gathering your inside information from, but when was the last time they called for and held a mass rally specifically against Thaksin?

2008. When they had tens of thousands in attendance.

The reason they cancelled was because the secret pardon plan was exposed and then rescinded.

Edited by Buchholz