Thai Airways Cancels More Than 500 Flights In Flood Aftermath

george

TOURISM & Lack thereof reasons.

1) Flooding

2) World Economy is in the pits

3) Strong Thai baht vs. Euro/Pound/Dollar

4) Every growing number of websites that tell about tuk-tuk, taxi mafia scams, robberies/beatings of foreigners of no one ever arrested.

5) Totally corrupt police, who really have no right to even call themselves that.

Now FYI. Wife has a friend who works for Tourism Dept. Here's how they count.

1) Everyone who passes through Customs at Swampy, or any other airport, with a foreign passport, even though they are merely IN TRANSIT, is counted.

2) Every border runner is counted every time he comes back in.

3) Weekends there are buses from Malaysia who bring Malaysians to LOS for a day of shopping. They all get counted.

Talk about "manipulation of numbers".

:whistling:

As for Thai Airways? Overpriced, lousy service, out of date planes.

And add in- arrogant and bordering on rude hostesses who wrongly presume every male is slavering over their amazing beauty.:bah:

I have to totally disagree with you on that one. I fly 10 to 12 times per yr with them and have always found them very proffessional. I am always addressed by my surname when being seated and before we have even taken off I am asked what I would like for the meal this is before all passengers are seated. 9 out of 10 times I get the 3 seats to myself. When people are asleep and the trollies have been put away I still get them coming to me to ask if I wanted a drink of anything I desired. Great service and I would give them 10 out of 10.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job the domestic from D Muang are going in, the numbers are including these.

money exchange rate=up to the government to change things there.

fuel prices are not increasing that much in fact they have dropped from 150 D a barrel to around 100. this is always a sick dog excuse.

Why are your domestic flights so high for return tickets ??? and your International ??? if posters check back they are higher now than when fuel prices were at a premium. Sorry you do not use riots and floods to convince me.

When are your new aircraft arriving ????.................looks like a good oportunity to scrap your old Jumbo's for a start, and get competitive, do not increase ticket prices as Thais always do when business is down =you lower them to attract customers, and keep staff employed and your reputation intact--ex passenger-member.:bah:

SAme here ginjag, haven't used Thai close to 2 years now.... Good riddance!

Pattaya is very quiet right now, seems like the Bangkok crowd have mostly gone home. Walking street looks like it did when the airport was closed a couple of years ago.

Had a good look round last night, the only bar that had a good crowd was The Blues Factory, the rest were dead, I have never seen the go-go's so empty at this time of year.

When times are bad The Blues always survives.

Nice!

My flight to Tokyo was cancelled too. This whole situation is very frustrating. Year after year, something will happen to Thailand that brings down the economy.

How did you find out. Just looked on the Thai website but no news. Due to fly out to aus next weekend.

VERY important...... Always contact your airline and furnish them your contact info (unless you are sure they have it) because they will contact you ahead of time to alert you to any cancellations and work with you to rebook the best possible alternative. If they can't get hold of you, you get all ready and go to the airport, just to be dissappointed................

How about:

1. THAI charging an Emirates price for an Emirates level of service - a multcultural cabin crew helps, especially when dealing with the perverts slobbering over some of the female crew. A few more males?

2. Some of the rest of you stop harping on about the Shinawatra family being the root of all evil - I had a dose of the trots this morning and the Missus is a bit under the weather. Is that them pulling the strings too?

How about:

1. THAI charging an Emirates price for an Emirates level of service - a multcultural cabin crew helps, especially when dealing with the perverts slobbering over some of the female crew. A few more males?

Sounds good to me :rolleyes:

I "used" to fly Thai Air International every year. However as their prices got higher and higher I went elsewhere. Yes I would pay 100-150 USD more for the non-stop flight, but NOT 5-600 per passenger more. But when I asked BKK are there any "promotions, etc" or any sort of discount for a frequent flyer with loads of points I was told NO. However on the last flight I was on, there were some hi-so's on the same flight paying less and they were given "free" upgrades to business class. Meanwhile even though we had points for an upgrade, none were available.

Now I have 0 points but a few thousand dollars more. And while I will compare their fares next Feb or March, likely will not use unless somewhat comparable price.

TOURISM & Lack thereof reasons.

1) Flooding

2) World Economy is in the pits

3) Strong Thai baht vs. Euro/Pound/Dollar

4) Every growing number of websites that tell about tuk-tuk, taxi mafia scams, robberies/beatings of foreigners of no one ever arrested.

5) Totally corrupt police, who really have no right to even call themselves that.

Now FYI. Wife has a friend who works for Tourism Dept. Here's how they count.

1) Everyone who passes through Customs at Swampy, or any other airport, with a foreign passport, even though they are merely IN TRANSIT, is counted.

2) Every border runner is counted every time he comes back in.

3) Weekends there are buses from Malaysia who bring Malaysians to LOS for a day of shopping. They all get counted.

Talk about "manipulation of numbers".

:whistling:

As for Thai Airways? Overpriced, lousy service, out of date planes.

And add in- arrogant and bordering on rude hostesses who wrongly presume every male is slavering over their amazing beauty.:bah:

You guys must have just been dumped/cheated on by your Thai girlfriends when you boarded those Thai airways flights back to Farang-ville. Economy class in Thai airways has always provided me with exceptional customer service.

You'll not get commission from Thai, so why promote, suppose your in business, and have a white stick, hadn't you noticed the 20+ year old junk747 your on ---and the price you never mentioned---come on the truth How much did you pay return for you exceptional service. I bet you do not reply. You are in a minority on this and if you are how is it the majority are getting bad service on the same flights, it don't add up.

High season is toast yet again.

Huge losses in the tourist sector of course.

The toursim minister seems to reach a new low in the clueless abyss.

Thaksin, his acolytes or enemies have managed to subtract and squander and amazing amount of gross national income in just a few short years fighting over, or working at, his manipulations to re-grab power.

And before anyone starts saying what does this seasons loses have to do with Thaksin; His handpicked crew is running the show, and one of his coalition partners has admitted telling them in August not to release water from the dams.

Which has resulted in :

way too much being released in far to short a time...

Resulting in these floods.

And the inability of the government to control the situation.

The Agri minister was in the job before, but no horrendous floods,

then the new bosses come into power, he didn't just decide this without prompting from above. Who hand picked who is running the show?

That Kuhn T. of course.

The 'man of the people' has put more 'people' out of work than any 5

national leaders in Thailands history. And the repercussions are being felt world wide in a dozen industries.

You nailed it,mate ! !

What I am having problems with is: if you can figure this out and if I can figure this out, then <deleted> and WTH (Why The Hell) can the people of Thailand not figure this out ? ? ? ? ?

Such a sad state of affairs (literary !)

JGK/Jomtien

Ahhhhhhh

You can figure it out!

And you blame me that I can figure it out!

But, dear Sir, we are farang.

Only Thai know everything, and if they do not have a clue, farang can not have.

You guys have almost figured it out but not quite. If Thailand has gone to Hell while Toxsin has been out of the country and now he can come back, his plan is to make it look like he is going to fix everything so he will be the Hero once again.

I had my flight canceled for the 26th but Thai airlines offered to switch my date for Free, to one day before or after. I had to go with a different airlines so the cost i am pay is $450 dollars more with one lost Air Asia flight, because they dont let me cancel..

The airlines wrote there applogies & I understand but wish I could have had more notice..

Here is what they wrote: #1 Email (QUOTE) Greetings from Thai Airways!!! I just want to inform you that the flight on 26NOV TG518 DXBBKK is cancelled, please let me know if you want me to change it to 25Nov or 27 Nov? Sorry for the inconvenience

: #2 Email (QUOTE) we am really sorry for the inconvenience, but the flight has been cancelled because of the flood and technical operational reasons. We will process the refund of your ticket without any charges, and will try to return it within a month, coz we have lots of ticket that has to be refund in BKK. And also our main office is working as skeleton only because of the flood. Thanks and best regards

I "used" to fly Thai Air International every year. However as their prices got higher and higher I went elsewhere. Yes I would pay 100-150 USD more for the non-stop flight, but NOT 5-600 per passenger more. But when I asked BKK are there any "promotions, etc" or any sort of discount for a frequent flyer with loads of points I was told NO. However on the last flight I was on, there were some hi-so's on the same flight paying less and they were given "free" upgrades to business class. Meanwhile even though we had points for an upgrade, none were available.

Now I have 0 points but a few thousand dollars more. And while I will compare their fares next Feb or March, likely will not use unless somewhat comparable price.

I don't know where/to you are flying, but I find flying from Los Angeles, that EVA charges about the same price (sometime more) for economy or Premium economy. I think EVA's service is better, but for the same price, I will take the non-stop flight everytime. I've had no problem using my miles to upgrade to Business Class (as long as you book far enough in advance). I've even gotten 3 or 4 "free" upgrades over the last 8 years of traveling to Thailand.

Pattaya is very quiet right now, seems like the Bangkok crowd have mostly gone home. Walking street looks like it did when the airport was closed a couple of years ago.

Had a good look round last night, the only bar that had a good crowd was The Blues Factory, the rest were dead, I have never seen the go-go's so empty at this time of year.

if that's true, it'll be sad. I'm going there this weekend for the first time in the last few years.

Be happy, still enough people that you will not feel lonely! Not Robinson Crusoe Island!biggrin.gif Who needs the feeling that he is in Metro in Tokio? Crowd isbah.gif Less is good.thumbsup.gif

That is because there are toooo many STUPID people in government here...Get this...I went to Thai Air on the 16th...I asked for a one way tick to Cambodia...I hand the woman my passport...She says..."sorry, I can't give you a one way tick unless you have a WORK PERMIT..." I say...But I live in Cambodia and my Thia visa runs out on the 23rd of Nov. and I must leave....Read the F'ing passport...I am retired and I do not work any more...She insists three times that I need a work permit to go back to Cambo...So...as you might have guessed by now I say " F'U" and go to Asia Air...I say ..."I need a one way tick to Cambodia..." I hand over my passport to the counter person...I ask..."do I need a round trip tick...?" He says in his best English..."not unless you wish to return"... I say...."great..."He says..."when would you like to leave..."? I say..."8:30 Tuesday AM..." The counter person says " Thank you sir for choosing Air Asia..." I am on my way back to Thai Air to tell the idiot from before that " BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE HER...HER COUNTRY WILL NEVER EXCEL BEYOND WHAT IT REALLY IS..." and I hold up my one way ticket to Cambodia...You can finish the rest...Just saying...They really are nothing more than a THIRD WORLD NATION...AND ALWAYS WILL BE...:bah::bah::bah: The only thing this shit hole has going for it is the women...The one and only problem is that they do not age very well...Look at there mothers...So get them while they are young and hot...Oh...and stay away from Thai Air...They just canceled 500 flights...G...Who is running a scam here...????

Looks like the Thai Airways employe was believing that Cambodians Immigration laws state, that you need a return ticket to enter the country and she wanted to enforce that.

Could be more bad, if the lady had given you the Ticket and than the problems envolved at the Thai Check In counter with a denied boarding and Check In without return Ticket.whistling.gif

Anyway, why try to buy a expensive Thai Airways Ticket to Phnom Penh?rolleyes.gif

Air Asia always cheaper and sometime Bangkok Air prices not far from a short time Air Asia ticket-and all booked and paid in the Internet this times.biggrin.gif

That is because there are toooo many STUPID people in government here...Get this...I went to Thai Air on the 16th...I asked for a one way tick to Cambodia...I hand the woman my passport...She says..."sorry, I can't give you a one way tick unless you have a WORK PERMIT..." I say...But I live in Cambodia and my Thia visa runs out on the 23rd of Nov. and I must leave....Read the F'ing passport...I am retired and I do not work any more...She insists three times that I need a work permit to go back to Cambo...So...as you might have guessed by now I say " F'U" and go to Asia Air...I say ..."I need a one way tick to Cambodia..." I hand over my passport to the counter person...I ask..."do I need a round trip tick...?" He says in his best English..."not unless you wish to return"... I say...."great..."He says..."when would you like to leave..."? I say..."8:30 Tuesday AM..." The counter person says " Thank you sir for choosing Air Asia..." I am on my way back to Thai Air to tell the idiot from before that " BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE HER...HER COUNTRY WILL NEVER EXCEL BEYOND WHAT IT REALLY IS..." and I hold up my one way ticket to Cambodia...You can finish the rest...Just saying...They really are nothing more than a THIRD WORLD NATION...AND ALWAYS WILL BE...:bah::bah::bah: The only thing this shit hole has going for it is the women...The one and only problem is that they do not age very well...Look at there mothers...So get them while they are young and hot...Oh...and stay away from Thai Air...They just canceled 500 flights...G...Who is running a scam here...????

Looks like the Thai Airways employe was believing that Cambodians Immigration laws state, that you need a return ticket to enter the country and she wanted to enforce that.

Could be more bad, if the lady had given you the Ticket and than the problems envolved at the Thai Check In counter with a denied boarding and Check In without return Ticket.whistling.gif

Anyway, why try to buy a expensive Thai Airways Ticket to Phnom Penh?rolleyes.gif

Air Asia always cheaper and sometime Bangkok Air prices not far from a short time Air Asia ticket-and all booked and paid in the Internet this times.biggrin.gif

Alfredo...In the end the problem was solved...The bad part was the Thai Air employee looked like she had been working for the airline for some time and had she actually read my passport she would have seen what was up. She thought wrong...I did fly BBK Air from PP to BKK and you are right...The price was not far off from Air Asia...Thanks for responding and have a great weekend...Peace.

Thaksin, his acolytes or enemies have managed to subtract and squander and amazing amount of gross national income in just a few short years fighting over, or working at, his manipulations to re-grab power.

And before anyone starts saying what does this seasons loses have to do with Thaksin; His handpicked crew is running the show, and one of his coalition partners has admitted telling them in August not to release water from the dams.

Which has resulted in :

then the new bosses come into power, he didn't just decide this without prompting from above. Who hand picked who is running the show?

That Kuhn T. of course.

national leaders in Thailands history. And the repercussions are being felt world wide in a dozen industries.

You nailed it,mate ! !

What I am having problems with is: if you can figure this out and if I can figure this out, then <deleted> and WTH (Why The Hell) can the people of Thailand not figure this out ? ? ? ? ?

JGK/Jomtien

No wonder Farangs get a bad rap. This douche canoe needs to step on a Cambodian land mine

hahahahaha...I tend to agree but that is a tad harsh...hahaha...She just really needs to understand what a business visa for Cambodia is all about...$295.00 per year and you can stay as long as you like...Just pay the fee each year...Thanks for responding...Enjoy the weekend...Peace.

The only thing this shit hole has going for it is the women

I've heard that the TAT are looking for a new slogan writer. You wouldn't be interested in the position by any chance would you? :D

If the pay were ok...Sure...hahaha Starting with flood control and moving on to corrupt politicians etc. etc. etc...Thanks for responding...B)

I've heard that the TAT are looking for a new slogan writer. You wouldn't be interested in the position by any chance would you? :D

biggrin.gifLOL

Why not tell us what you really think?

Good job the domestic from D Muang are going in, the numbers are including these.

money exchange rate=up to the government to change things there.

fuel prices are not increasing that much in fact they have dropped from 150 D a barrel to around 100. this is always a sick dog excuse.

Why are your domestic flights so high for return tickets ??? and your International ??? if posters check back they are higher now than when fuel prices were at a premium. Sorry you do not use riots and floods to convince me.

When are your new aircraft arriving ????.................looks like a good oportunity to scrap your old Jumbo's for a start, and get competitive, do not increase ticket prices as Thais always do when business is down =you lower them to attract customers, and keep staff employed and your reputation intact--ex passenger-member.:bah:

Thai Airways doesn't fly from DM.

Great stuff!! Or, apply to be Yingluck's new speech writer

Thai airways is an expensive airline simply because those sitting in coach have to subsidise those Thai HI-SO sitting up front in First and B class(free and heavily discounted tickets). The perks for Thai officals,ex staff and families with great influence is staggering.You can imagine how many Thais with great influence and their families fly up front on BKK to Milan route to buy latest LV handbags and wallets. Old farangs and Isan wives to the back of the plane ....leow leow !Garuna krap !.

There will be a press announcement very soon heralding record numbers of tourists flocking to Ol Swampy. Tourism minister will then recieve his medal of achievement with a full spread in local papers. Its the natural course of things here.

Which has resulted in :

That Kuhn T. of course.

You nailed it,mate ! !

JGK/Jomtien

If you want to experience unnecessary hassles departing an international airport, I suggest you try Kathmandu. It will make you appreciate Bangkok. And I once had an airline check-in staff in China question the very validity of my passport simply because it had been issued by the Canadian embassy in Bangkok rather than in Canada! So don't be too hard on Thailand and Thai Air.

On the plus side, I breezed right through immigration/customs coming and going twice in the last month. No need for a fast track.

:jap:

Well RaoulDuke, our timing was not so lucky.

My sister and I flew into Swampy on Monday evening of 7th November and I was hoping to be greeted with a line of idle immigration officers.

Instead there only about a 1/3 of the booths open and the wait time was still about 20 mins.

Great that you got through fast though.

Welcome to Thailand!

Flood = BAD, we all agree. Problems, sure, we all agree.

But coping with the b**ls**t from THAI officials is just too much.

Just a small hint:

Flying 20.12. to Amsterdam return 07.01. to BKK standard Economy class, cheap cheap

EVA Air 29.500 Baht

Turkish 36.400 Baht

Emirates 44.000 Baht

THAI 158.000 Baht

enough siad...

The 158,000 baht mustn't be an economy class seat.

My lady and I flew into Swampy on Tuesday, more than half empty plane that was a combination of three seperate flights, 10 minutes in immigration and 30 minutes waiting for the bags to arrive!

The people around the airport were great and the new "big" taxies first class. there's nothing wrong with the people, generally, the people they vote for......!

Takki's and his toady's have got a lot to answer for, speed the day!