U.S. actress Demi Moore to divorce Ashton Kutcher

News_Editor

U.S. actress Demi Moore to divorce Ashton Kutcher

2011-11-18 14:17:49 GMT+7 (ICT)

LOS ANGELES (BNO NEWS) -- American actress Demi Moore on late Thursday announced she will be divorcing fellow actor Ashton Kutcher after six years of marriage.

Moore, 49, originally of New Mexico, in a statement confirmed that she had decided to end her marriage with 33-year-old Kutcher. The divorce follows a recent scandal in which the actor was allegedly unfaithful and had unprotected sex with another woman.

"It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that I have decided to end my six-year marriage to Ashton," Moore said in her statement. "As a woman, a mother and a wife there are certain values and vows that I hold sacred, and it is in this spirit that I have chosen to move forward with my life."

Shortly after making the statement, Kutcher said through his Twitter account that he will "forever cherish the time" he spent with Demi Moore. "Marriage is one of the most difficult things in the world and unfortunately sometimes they fail," he added.

Kutcher was first accused of infidelity in September 2010 with 21-year-old Brittney Jones, who claimed to have had sex with the actor in the Beverly Hills home he shared with Moore at that time. Last September, new allegations said Kutcher had a sexual encounter with Sara Leal, 22, at the Hard Rock Hotel in San Diego.

Moore and Kutcher began dating in 2003 and, about two years later in September 2005, they got married. The marriage was Kutcher's first and Moore's third, following her relationships with actor Bruce Willis and rock musician Freddy Moore.

"This is a trying time for me and my family, and so I would ask for the same compassion and privacy that you would give to anyone going through a similar situation," Moore added. The couple had no children, but Moore has a child from her previous marriage with Bruce Willis.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-11-18