Driving From Rayong To Chiang Mai Tomorrow

too true

Hi all.

Have just done forum searches and Google searches, have called the hotline (no answer), but still just doing a last minute check...

My husband is driving from Rayong to Chiang Mai early Sunday morning. Normally we would take the big turn onto the tollway after the airport and exit at Bang Pa-in, continue on through Ayuthaya and Nakorn Sawan and up through Tak. I know that most of the roads are open, but his concern is getting from Bangkok through Nakorn Sawan. Is that section of highway open? Is is manageable? His grandfather is deathly ill and really needs to get home, so we're looking for a sure way that doesn't involve a whole load of backtracking.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

TT

Seems like nobody knows .

We are doing the same route ( opposite way )in 4 days .

Would you please let us know how your trip went ?

Thanks

Berit

i posted on this last week. i travelled from central BKK to Chiang Mai via Don Meuang tollway and returned on 12/11. at that time there were no major problems other than the 30km from the end of the elevated tollway going North which was busy and wet but ok with care. after that, the road past Ayyuthaya and Nakhon Sawon is fine apart from poor road condition on the 122 bypass around Nakhon Sawon (which is still ok for all cars though).

Thanks for the info. In the end he decided to go up through Chachoengsao - left this morning around 6. Spoke to some people at work who have family in the central region and they seemed to think that it would be slow through some parts.

Couldn't fly, though, as he plans to bring back a couple of sacks of new rice, some pumpkin, bamboo, and other various village staples.