Looking For Accommodation In The Area

jezchesters

Hi!

Firstly, let me say that I have found this section of the forum immensely informative - so much so that my partner and I want to relocate to the area...

Secondly, I have searched the forum to make sure that I am not repeating other's questions...

Thirdly, having been in Thailand on and off since 1996, I know of the basic pitfalls involved with renting proprty here...

My question is this (apologies again if answers to this question have been posted elsewhere): I know how things are done in Bangkok and Samui, but how do you go about doing it in this area, and thus arriving at a ballpark, benchmark rental figure?

For example, I've looked into the Hua Hin Today website, and to be honest, the prices being charged their would make a Bangkok Estate Agent blush...

Other prices from different forums sound like the Sale of the Century, but posters are reticent about naming names...

I guess its the same the world over - you really need to get to know an area well before you can really get a feel for it, but I would really, really, greatfully appreciate any advice whatsoever on this matter...

Thanks a million in advance!

Jez

You may find it worth you while (and $$$) to hire a Thai agent to do some inquiries for you. While my wife and I were looking at properties up north we often noticed a disparity between the prices in the Thai language ads, and those specificly targeted at westerners. Personally, I won't even deal with anyone in Thailand that advertises in US$. If you or your partner read Thai, or have a friend who does, have a quick comparison between the Thai newspapers and english language papers' ads.

cv

You may find it worth you while (and $$$) to hire a Thai agent to do some inquiries for you. While my wife and I were looking at properties up north we often noticed a disparity between the prices in the Thai language ads, and those specificly targeted at westerners. Personally, I won't even deal with anyone in Thailand that advertises in US$. If you or your partner read Thai, or have a friend who does, have a quick comparison between the Thai newspapers and english language papers' ads.

cv

Thanks for the info cv!

In this case, can anyone recommend a good Thai Agent, or a good paper for property letting in the Hua Hun/Cha-Am area?

Thanks again!