2011 Ford Focus Runout - 2.0L Tdci For Just 999,000 Baht

You may check the year of production by the attachment.

Which dealer you booked from?

cars for TH market usually come with a zero in year code

one has to read manufactoring date on cars components, like tyres, rubber hoses, brake parts, steering parts, coolers, long list

and I agree, what other car can you get just now, and this is a great car :)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The interest rates quoted to me are, 2.55% over 48 mths- 2.65% over 60 mths- 2.80% over72 mths and i checked the sheet to make sure. Not a big difference to 3% but it all adds up so go for it. B)

which makes the deal not so fantastic as it initially appeared. its been 1.160.000 baht with 0,99% interest on 48 terms. now its 999k baht but an added interest cost over 48 terms at up to 80k baht

I just signed up for one @ 2.6% 48 months.

What still makes it very attractive is what other car can you get just now?

Get mine Friday.

You may check the year of production by the attachment.

Which dealer you booked from?

One on Sri Nakarin.

Why do I need to check the production year? I either accept the car they present or wait 3-4 months for something different and without 14.5% discount.

I also got carpet mats and rubber mats (it's nice to keep the rubber ones in the boot if you end up in a lot of muddy places) , film , rust protection , 1st class insurance and they will cover the reg. fee.

They balked at changing the rims.

It took them a while to find a 5d black one and they were really pushing the 4d.They also commented that the reason for the discount is they have a stock of them and almost zero Fiestas and a big delay in the New Ranger and New Focus.

One other thing that has been going around in my noggin, If after say 5 or 6 months I prefer to change for the 3.2 ranger or the New Pajero what depreciation if any will I have to pay for?

It's hard to tell as you are buying a discounted car. However newish tdci focuses seem to sell for less than one million, based on car webistes I've seen. So they can lose 100-150K in the first year or so. Check out this 2009 model for 745Khttp://www.taladrod....aspx?cib=726871

If you are serious about a ranger (I'll be checking it out at the show too) and can do without a car for 6 months, then wait for the ranger. By then the new focus could be for sale so it will also make it harder to sell the previous generation.

I have kept my eye out for this model over the last couple of years.

They are rarely on the market. I'm surprised there are actually 2 on 12car at the moment.

When I have seen them its always been at very close to the 1m mark.

The one you noted is already sold and I'm not surprised at that price.

The only other one on that site is B1,083,--- including finance. So about B950,---

Anyway i'm keeping my fingers crossed!

BTW I need a new car thats why I'm buying now and I havent cancelled the 2.2 Ranger.

Is there any new additional features rolled out since the facelift of 2009 in the 2011 being cleared? sometimes at the very least features are made standard. I think the price of the focus will drop significantly and if someone wants to buy a car for 2-3 years then sell they should buy the new focus which will be current platform by the time they sell. However, if someone is looking to keep the car for a longer period or are indifferent to resale, then 2011 is worth a look. Id imagine most people are unwilling to buy the outgoing model knowing itll depreciate heavily, but others like myself remain on the fence particularly if the new focus is prone to understeer and doesnt retain the taut handling, ill need to see for myself when the new one becomes available.

Edited by caphant

It's hard to tell as you are buying a discounted car. However newish tdci focuses seem to sell for less than one million, based on car webistes I've seen. So they can lose 100-150K in the first year or so. Check out this 2009 model for 745Khttp://www.taladrod....aspx?cib=726871

But this car is already discounted @ 180,000 and no one would know that when reselling unless someone was foolish enough to tell them so that discount already covers any depreciation and then some as I posted earlier..

Anyway test drove one yesterday at the second dealer we went to which was much more professional as was the sales guy. I'll post up more impressions later as I have some errands to tend to today.

One glaring frustration for me though is the delay in the DSG shift, though it was smooth and quite responsive for a DSG. As previously mentioned there is no way an auto box will ever outshift a manual in my hands and as well the gear read out in the Thai model is very hard to locate and small to read. This is one example where a heads up display for at least something like that function would be useful (not a fan of all readouts being heads up) but at minimum it should be stand alone and larger more distinctive numbers for instant recall and not lost in the rest of the dash indicators as it is now which makes you have to search for it..

The salesman agreed with me and tells me it is stand alone on European models but not Thai and that was a far more sensible answer then so many others I've heard on various things here. To be continued......

Edited by WarpSpeed

But this car is already discounted @ 180,000 and no one would know that when reselling unless someone was foolish enough to tell them so that discount already covers any depreciation and then some as I posted earlier..

Anyway test drove one yesterday at the second dealer we went to which was much more professional as was the sales guy. I'll post up more impressions later as I have some errands to tend to today.

One glaring frustration for me though is the delay in the DSG shift, though it was smooth and quite responsive for a DSG. As previously mentioned there is no way an auto box will ever outshift a manual in my hands and as well the gear read out in the Thai model is very hard to locate and small to read. This is one example where a heads up display for at least something like that function would be useful (not a fan of all readouts being heads up) but at minimum it should be stand alone and larger more distinctive numbers for instant recall and not lost in the rest of the dash indicators as it is now which makes you have to search for it..

The salesman agreed with me and tells me it is stand alone on European models but not Thai and that was a far more sensible answer then so many others I've heard on various things here. To be continued......

I Drove 130k's today to finally get a test drive and when i got there they said i only had time to go around the block as the Boss had to go somewhere and it was his car, a bit of a waste of time and i had an appointment. I had a 5 minute drag up and back to the dealers, the only corner was 2 U-turns so i can't comment about the handeling but the engine reved easy and had a nice sound,not like a diesel. I agree with you about the size and position of the gear your in display, a bit weak but the car i drove had a very slick shift up and down and it would be hard to beat it in a manual even in an old 1989 MX5 which was probably the best shift i have driven. I took it from 0 to 150k and back down through the gears and thought it was good. The driving position is good due to the 4way adjustable wheel but my left knee was hard on the plastic center consul and the right knee has no support at all, probably 4 inches from the door lining, for hard driving or track work a support pad would need to be fitted, for me anyway. I had to do the same with my TT-RX7 back in Oz. I was told NO freebies at this price and had to argue about the Insurance as apparently Ford has put this cost on the dealer. I have another test drive booked for tomorrow but it a 340k drive each way so maybe i'll give it a miss, these Ford dealers in the north east are a joke.

Have been negotaiating for the Focus as well. My missus has been dealing with it, free insurance, film, rust proof, carpet mats, and decent trade on our 9 year old Escape.

She test drove it today and likes it although remarks that it is a little noisy but that may just be the diesel thing. The dealer will bring one to my place tomorrow morning so I can test drive and see where we go from there.

They brought the Focus to my place today along with the guy from the finance company to do the official valuation of my old car. The Focus drove well, engine and gear box strong and smooth. Only thing I didn't like was that there are not many places to store things in the car such as wallet and sunglasses and other bits and pieces as the center console is tiny and not many other options near the driver. Sounds trivial but could get annoying after a while. Also the brochure promises cup holders in the center armrest in the back but they do not exist. Generally handy when running kids around from soccer games rather than them shoving bottles down the back of the seats.

The main issue was that the finance guy offered us 40K less for our car than we had agreed with the dealer. Recovered 20K in further negotiations but in the end sent them packing. Will see if I feel more generous in the next week or so.

The main issue was that the finance guy offered us 40K less for our car than we had agreed with the dealer. Recovered 20K in further negotiations but in the end sent them packing. Will see if I feel more generous in the next week or so.

That could just be a case of the finance guy trying to buy it himself though.. i.e. not the dealer renigging on the deal, but just someone else trying to make some quick Baht by buying your car cheap and moving it on stright away for 40K in their pocket ;) In Thailand, everyone's an agent....

I'd be speaking to the dealer and confirming that your deal with them still stands..

I'm betting he also had some life, health or house insurance to sell you too? :D

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

That could just be a case of the finance guy trying to buy it himself though.. i.e. not the dealer renigging on the deal, but just someone else trying to make some quick Baht by buying your car cheap and moving it on stright away for 40K in their pocket ;) In Thailand, everyone's an agent....

I'd be speaking to the dealer and confirming that your deal with them still stands..

I'm betting he also had some life, health or house insurance to sell you too? :D

MRO - I think you are spot on as initially this guy was pushing to have me sign over the car before I had even tested the Focus, Obviously didn't fall for that one. I will give them a week to stew it over and call again for the initial offer. I guess as the month draws on the dealers will be more and more anxious to settle as from what I have seen they have plenty in stock. I liked the car apart for some small issues, good fun to drive and reminded me of some of the hot hatches from my youth.

MRO - I think you are spot on as initially this guy was pushing to have me sign over the car before I had even tested the Focus, Obviously didn't fall for that one. I will give them a week to stew it over and call again for the initial offer. I guess as the month draws on the dealers will be more and more anxious to settle as from what I have seen they have plenty in stock. I liked the car apart for some small issues, good fun to drive and reminded me of some of the hot hatches from my youth.

Of course the "finance guy" was just a tent used car dealer which seems to be the process that dealers use when trading in a car. Rather than let them make money for nothing I just sold the car privately and am getting the same deal on the Focus. Pick it up at the end of next week.

Now that the missus has her run about will be looking for a 7 seater to run the football team around and weekend excursions with the full compliment of kids and other interlopers. The Everest replacement sounds potentially good but will see if I can wait that long, alternatively a PJS GT I guess.

• 4 weeks later...

Just as I thought, no real reason to hurry as the deal has been extended to the end of February..

http://www.ford.co.t...uying/hot-deals

Yep, but production is scheduled to end sooner than that - to make way for the new model, so it'll be a 'while stocks last' deal.. There's been lots of buzz on this runout on the Thai language forums too BTW - so it's definitely caught some attention..

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Just as I thought, no real reason to hurry as the deal has been extended to the end of February..

http://www.ford.co.t...uying/hot-deals

Yep, but production is scheduled to end sooner than that - to make way for the new model, so it'll be a 'while stocks last' deal.. There's been lots of buzz on this runout on the Thai language forums too BTW - so it's definitely caught some attention..

Yeah but that's what I figured in my first post, the deadline didn't seem to make sense as what were they going to do with any left over stock? try to sell it at 170,000 more? So the deadline was always suspect to me. Anyway been trying to make a deal but with special promotional circumstances so so far it's been tough going it will happen on my terms or not at all, I don't HAVE to own a new car or a Ford for that matter just to say I have one....