Fasting

boppia

I fasted for 7 days 2.5 years ago - I was a fat, borderline alchoholic.

There was a small (quarter pint) glass of carrot, garlic & ginger in the morning & a small glass of melon juice in the afternoon. Also a cholonic irrigation every night.

I lost 11 pounds but would certainly not recommend this as a method for weight loss. As a detox, it served me very well. I never got back on the booze & I lost a total of 45lbs in weight in the following 18 months as the fast became a line in the sand that I'd never cross back over.

I'd do a fast again - perhaps in another couple of years - just to cleanse the system again.

I did notice a major change during the fast - on the third day, I went to Chaweng Beach & only then did I notice that I seemed to be in slow motion - at the fast - everyone was at the same pace - I soon got back to the spa & didn't go out in public again until it was over.

On the 4th & 5th days, I totally hit the wall - complete lethargy & depression.

On the 6th day - I did a 30 minute run at 6am - something I hadn't done for years - I was full of energy, this continued throught the 7th - I was almost sad to stop.

Try it...

I lost 4 kg total on same scale, 1 kg came back on right away and was probably just the absence of intestinal contents. The other 3 kg were for real and have stayed off, not bad for 7 days.

Other benefits: glowing skin (mine & others), general sense of well being, energy, clarity of mind. I wasn't expecting or even hoping for any of that, only weight loss. Of course, they dosed us up with tons of wierd herbal substances plus we had herbal steam baths, massage and yoga daily so who knows what was doing what ....I just know what the total effect was. Oh, and a problem with gastric reflux which had been getting worse for over a year cleared up, high blood pressure greatly improved (of course, due to weight loss and lack of sodium) and I was able to reduce antidepressent dosage by half. These last 3 gains thus far have lasted.

Sheryl thanks for following up with the details.