Hospitals In Pattaya

AllanKAnderson

I've had my operation done at Bangkok-Pattaya hospital, it went well but I was not helped with any physio at all and when the doctor tried to remove the metal stitch from my shoulder he caused damage to one of the muscles. It still hurts after over 2 years. Saying that, I have to admit that some people are ok with their services.

I prefer to travel to Sri Racha, I find Phyathai less money-grubbing and a lot more caring.

I have just had surgery on my leg (3 weeks ago) at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. The treatment went well, the doctor was attentive, the nursing staff were brilliant, nothing was too much trouble for them, and the room was very nice (akin to a 4/5 star hotel) and there was even a couch for my gf to stay overnight (although she does work there, so not sure if the general public are allowed to)

Cost was 150,000+ fortunately I had insurance, but follow up out patient treatment for dressing/check up, was a little high, but all in all very satisfied.

i have insurance so always use BPH

its simply the best and without doubt the most expensive

however if you are paying, you can still try there

just have a bid at the service you want

i negotiated a stent operation and aftercare for a friend down from an insurance quoted 925,000 to a cash payment of 325,000

its not the only occasion either

they are a business like any other

stretch out your neck and ask for the best price........

If you are paying for the treatment yourself... still tell them you will claim off insurance when you get home..

Hospitals don't want to bite the hand that feeds them, BPH for example has 3 tiers..

* Thai Price

* Farang with Insurance price

* Farang without insurance price

If you are paying for the treatment yourself... still tell them you will claim off insurance when you get home..

Hospitals don't want to bite the hand that feeds them, BPH for example has 3 tiers..

* Thai Price

Agreed, but there's a fourth which is the Thai with insurance - the farang with insurance is the most expensive charge whilst the native Thai paying cash is the cheapest, it's the same almost everywhere in Thailand now with the exception of the university hospitals it seems.

Agreed, but there's a fourth which is the Thai with insurance - the farang with insurance is the most expensive charge whilst the native Thai paying cash is the cheapest, it's the same almost everywhere in Thailand now with the exception of the university hospitals it seems.

I think it's the other way round to be honest, I think the insurance price is cheaper.

I have insurance that covers out patient care which I have to claim back by scanning the receipt and medical certificate and send to BUPA,UK.

The price seems a bit cheaper compared to when I'd just walk-in.

Insurance companies do have lists of approved/partner hospitals, no hospital wants to risk being struck off these lists I'm sure.

maybe the situation is different if it is an emergency like a road accident..

I think it's the other way round to be honest, I think the insurance price is cheaper.

I have insurance that covers out patient care which I have to claim back by scanning the receipt and medical certificate and send to BUPA,UK.

Insurance companies do have lists of approved/partner hospitals, no hospital wants to risk being struck off these lists I'm sure.

i can confirm in my interaction with BPH that cash is king

insurance cases are inflated to cover long admin costs to secure a payout

a recent case i had to deal with was quoted as an insurance job for 34, 000

it came down to 15,500 for cash

think about it, you are a business, would you want to wait weeks/months for payment or get cash now............

You seem to be comparing cash, I pay for this myself and cash, I get a refund if I send the receipts to BUPA, I can assure you that you will not get a cheaper price simply because BUPA is going to give you a refund, not in Thailand at least!

* Thai Price

Queen Sirikit Hospital also has two tier pricing

I have my best experience from Queen Sirikit hospital in Sattahip,

referred to here as navy/military hospital i assume.

I agree - fantastic place and not just there to screw you and send you home with bags of overpriced meds.

you are not forced to take meds from any hospital

when cashing out, ask them to print the bill with the prescribed medicines itemised

take it from them

ask them to remove the meds and reprint the bill

pay the second bill

leave hospital

go to fascino with first bill

show them the bill, ask them to fill out the meds, the bill is as good as a script to them

get meds at 50-60-% saving on hospital pharmacy

finished.......

I have my best experience from Queen Sirikit hospital in Sattahip,

referred to here as navy/military hospital i assume.

I agree - fantastic place and not just there to screw you and send you home with bags of overpriced meds.

when cashing out, ask them to print the bill with the prescribed medicines itemised

take it from them

pay the second bill

leave hospital

show them the bill, ask them to fill out the meds, the bill is as good as a script to them

finished.......

+1

take it from them

pay the second bill

leave hospital

finished.......

You can also find the hospitals use generic brand stuff instead of good name brands, but still charge for name brands and with a good markup, so buying outside the hospital can save up to 80% in some cases.